LISTEN: Kansas City Week With Carrington Harrison →

There are 236 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by MoeJontana84:
he's really gonna cost 60+ next year isn't he

Probably. If he plays as well as he has.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MoeJontana84:
he's really gonna cost 60+ next year isn't he

The guy who has the best shot at knowing that stuff is AB81. But agree, Purdy is going to get **PAID** next year.

lol @ the 21 draft, and us.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by pdc20:
If Purdy is paid 65 millions a year, it's probably a good news for the Niners. It means that Purdy is indeed the real deal.

Devils advocate would says Joe Flacco, Daniel Jones and Deshaun Watson got big deals also.

Joe Flacco had a crazy run in the playoffs and won a SB.

Deshaun Watson was considered an elite QB and had plenty of tape to show he's talented.

Daniel Jones got paid off one ok season.

They're not all the same. Watson's issues post contract are with another team and post a very serious off the field situation.

The point was that just cause a QB got paid doesn't guarantee he's the real deal. I'm fully aware of why those QBs were paid but thanks for the history lesson.

Your point was fine but not one that applies to Brock's situation but you're welcome.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by tankle104:
Tua just got 4 year $212M extension - third highest paid qb now

Saw this a little bit ago, I think this contract is going to bite them but idc. Lol

that team has nothing but extremely high expectations now and we will find out how good they really are when everyone is coming for them and no one is surprised.

as a person, happy for him!
If Brock doesn't get 60 per season I'll be very surprised.
Originally posted by Monsterniner:
If Brock doesn't get 60 per season I'll be very surprised.

He'll easily be able to demand $60M+ - no question there. I'm much more interested on if he agrees to a team friendly structure or going to Stick it to em.

personally, I think the deal with Brock is going to be very team friendly. He will get paid but also give the team room to make moves and keep an awesome squad around him. I'm hoping he signs like an 8 year extension. Lol

mahommes signing such a long contract gave the chiefs so much flexibility
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdc20:
If Purdy is paid 65 millions a year, it's probably a good news for the Niners. It means that Purdy is indeed the real deal.

People still doubt this?
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ritz126:
i still remember last year at this time people were calling Lance to start

Its really going to be underrated how having a whole offseason will help

Only that guy from NY and some of his minions.
Originally posted by Koldo:
Originally posted by ritz126:
i still remember last year at this time people were calling Lance to start

Its really going to be underrated how having a whole offseason will help

Only that guy from NY and some of his minions.
yeah, only a few. not much

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

I think he's been a really good quarterback. I'm happy to see another year before committing top or near top of the market QB money.

That said, I have a hard time seeing him dropping off to a level much worse than Tua and not getting paid.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

I think he's been a really good quarterback. I'm happy to see another year before committing top or near top of the market QB money.

That said, I have a hard time seeing him dropping off to a level much worse than Tua and not getting paid.
Hopefully we get over the hump this year and Brock could get paid with other endorsements which can lead to team friendly deal
Tua just got 4 year $212M extension - third highest paid qb now

Saw this a little bit ago, I think this contract is going to bite them but idc. Lol

that team has nothing but extremely high expectations now and we will find out how good they really are when everyone is coming for them and no one is surprised.

as a person, happy for him!

QB market is out of control. So stupid to pay him with one year of on the field experience. I hope GB chokes on it.

lol @ the 21 draft, and us.

Dude the QB contract market is getting out of control. Basically if you're a team's starting QB and you aren't complete trash, you reset the market.

god forbid you really hit on a QB. You basically get docked for doing that with the cap. QBs should have their own cap separate from the team or some s**t lol.

Like I don't think Tua sucks or anything but $212M? Would you rather have just him or like 3 elite players and draft a QB every 4 yrs lol?
I'm sure that when Brock gets paid at last half a dozen other QBs will want their contracts renegotiated. Mahomes will want 70 or 80 million.These guys are no longer trying to feed their family. They're feeding their ego. The NFL has become can you top this.
Share 49ersWebzone