49ers WR Deebo Samuel will miss 'a couple of weeks' with calf strain →

There are 219 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
i'm with you. outside of mahomes and an aging rodgers (we'll see how he does this season), there's no other qb i'm really drooling over tbh. there are some good ones like allen and burrow but they all have their flaws.

I would love Allen/burrow/Herbert in this offense. Stafford is still a stud when healthy and Love showed he can run this scheme pretty well in his first full yr.
Ut oh 3 INTs during practice..they will say he is overrated and to prepare for a cool off season

I say it will be violent, bloody and beautiful
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Everyone wants more money. I get it. I also know that when players get older and look back on their career they regret not winning a title more than not making an extra 2 or 3 million per year. I've heard many ex players talk about that. In Purdy's case if he is willing to take $40 million instead of $50 million that $10 million might help them keep an O lineman or a WR. It might help them win a SB. We're not talking about taking $10 million instead of $50 million. What can he do in his life with $50 million that he can't do with $40 million?

Thing is that extra $ doesn't guarantee s**t. They could lose all the same end of the day.

Brock could tear his UCL after one game, have to get TJ surgery and miss what could be multiple years of football. Good thing he took less money for himself and his family (said no one ever).

I never hear legit players say man I wish I didn't get paid so much, could have won a little more lol.

asking a guy to take $10M less on a standard 4 yr deal? No one is saying yeah sure I'll take $50M LESS to maybe have a better chance to win. No one, nor should they. If Brock feels like he's worth being the highest paid QB in football, then go make everyone else around you better. Prove it. He's gonna have to be play elite football without an all-star team around him at some pt. That's just how it goes. He sounds like he wants to be great, well go do it then. Mahomes did it.

Also the only reason Brady took less was because then wife was worth half a billion dollars…and guess what the patriots didn't subsidize that cash with more top end talent all the time either. They were hardly ever up against the cap and often got rid of dudes that wanted more cash, not brought in high end young talent that required fat contracts.

I mentioned that many times. It was certainly a factor but there are some players that might have still held out for more. Just as there's no guarantee that an injury won't happen there's no guarantee that a marriage will last.
Originally posted by Montana:
Ut oh 3 INTs during practice..they will say he is overrated and to prepare for a cool off season

That was yesterday I believe.

Today he had 4, lol.
  • jed_X
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

That was yesterday I believe.

Today he had 4, lol.

Cut this bum! Jkjk
I remember last year was the same. Homeboy likes to throw picks left and right around this time of year. Lol
I will go out on a limb now and predict that the Niners have no interest in signing Purdy to a monster deal. Now this doesn't mean I agree with this at all but let me lay down my thoughts…

1. Kyle is the star of the offense. It's his play calling that allow the Niners to do what they do. A QB becomes plug and play.

2. Kyle got to the SB with Jimmy G. He can do it again with a lesser quality QB.

3. Kyle would rather spend cap money elsewhere instead of QB.

4. When in doubt, read #1. Kyle is the star.

This comes from someone who is a huge Purdy fan. I want him on the team long term. But sadly, I don't see it happening. Niners will need to make a few sacrifices to keep the band together. Not signing Purdy is that sacrifice.
Originally posted by bigpete50:
I will go out on a limb now and predict that the Niners have no interest in signing Purdy to a monster deal. Now this doesn't mean I agree with this at all but let me lay down my thoughts…

1. Kyle is the star of the offense. It's his play calling that allow the Niners to do what they do. A QB becomes plug and play.

2. Kyle got to the SB with Jimmy G. He can do it again with a lesser quality QB.

This comes from someone who is a huge Purdy fan. I want him on the team long term. But sadly, I don't see it happening. Niners will need to make a few sacrifices to keep the band together. Not signing Purdy is that sacrifice.

There is no "plug and play" qb , otherwise lance, beathard, mullens would have all done better here, they didn't.

just because kyle is one of the best hcs at getting guys open, doesn't mean its easy, you still need a talented qb.

and this bs narrative that kyle always wants to be the star is made up out of thin air. he tried to get belichick and brady in the building, someone with a massive ego wouldn't do that. your take doesn't make sense.
[ Edited by DonnieDarko on Jul 30, 2024 at 1:36 PM ]

lol. no. Kyle loves Brock. Brock understands Kyle. this marriage is gonna last a long time if everyone doesn't die on sunday.

QB is the star of the offense. The reason we have switched QBS because he we haven't found the right QB. hopefully Brock can be that guy
I love Purdy but its fine to expect better practice performance than getting 4 apparently awful interceptions in 5 passes and throwing other passes that were ~allegedly~ close to INTs. Love to hear about the deep throws today though.

He's got 7INTs through 2 padded practices

Yeahhh I think they're gearing up to pay Brock…a lot of money. I think Lynch has even talked about it.

I don't disagree that the system and roster help any QB that comes here. The difference is you need a QB that can handle pressure, make decisions quickly & also live outside the scheme when s**t breaks down. Brock can do all that.

I don't think he's worth what he's gonna get paid. I also don't think anyone is worth that type of cash outside of PM.
Originally posted by bonehog:
I love Purdy but its fine to expect better practice performance than getting 4 apparently awful interceptions in 5 passes and throwing other passes that were ~allegedly~ close to INTs. Love to hear about the deep throws today though.

That's all I've been saying.

SF is gonna make him the highest paid player ever at some point….it should be acceptable to expect better practices.
Lol at everyone flipping out over practice again. You guys wanna pay a QB for being great in practice, then let's grab Kenny Pick-it. If you're perfect in practice like pick-it was, it means you're not really pushing yourself
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
Lol at everyone flipping out over practice again. You guys wanna pay a QB for being great in practice, then let's grab Kenny Pick-it. If you're perfect in practice like pick-it was, it means you're not really pushing yourself

Seriously
Share 49ersWebzone