49ers WR Deebo Samuel will miss 'a couple of weeks' with calf strain →

There are 211 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Shanny had this team at the same spot with a less talented team than last year and a less talented QB in jimmy G. I'm confident the 49ers know how this team is constructed and what will happen if they break the bank for purdy. Hes gonna get a good offer but no where near what will be the ceiling next year. This team does not need a high paid QB to win a Super Bowl.
  • bud49
  • Veteran
He had Int's last year in practice. No Big Deal. He wants to see what he can get away with in practice and not a game.
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
Lol at everyone flipping out over practice again. You guys wanna pay a QB for being great in practice, then let's grab Kenny Pick-it. If you're perfect in practice like pick-it was, it means you're not really pushing yourself

It seems that this is Brock trying to push himself and be more dynamic. I like that.. I am huge on Purdy.
But today was bad. Yesterday wasn't great either. These throws were apparently "wince worthy". Not sweating it right now, but if this continues for the rest of training camp that would be highly alarming.
Originally posted by bonehog:
Lol at everyone flipping out over practice again. You guys wanna pay a QB for being great in practice, then let's grab Kenny Pick-it. If you're perfect in practice like pick-it was, it means you're not really pushing yourself

It seems that this is Brock trying to push himself and be more dynamic. I like that.. I am huge on Purdy.
But today was bad. Yesterday wasn't great either. These throws were apparently "wince worthy". Not sweating it right now, but if this continues for the rest of training camp that would be highly alarming.

He could throw 20 wince worthy ints tomorrow and take a s**t at midfield after. Doesn't count for anything. You want pretty practice start campaigning for Pick-it
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9moon:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by tankle104:

Just my extremely biased 49er fan opinion, but I think Patrick and Purdy are one and two on that top five list. Especially his mind compared to Patrick's. Give Purdy a dominant Jerry Rice 2.0 WR that had mind melded with him, and I think he could beat any QB out there in NFL land.

NOT with Shanny coaching.. he'll find away to make a stupid call..

Again, you have to be careful with that statement, because you don't know the play call and the audibles out of it. Personally, I think a lot of the mistakes in the Superbowl also could be placed on Brock's inexperience. Not saying that is a fact, but just saying a 2nd year QB in the big game - isn't exactly like a QB that's been in the big game several more times than Brock. Experience makes a big difference in high pressure situations.
He could throw 20 wince worthy ints tomorrow and take a s**t at midfield after. Doesn't count for anything. You want pretty practice start campaigning for Pick-it

I think Brock throwing 20 picks in a single practice would be concerning.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Aiyuk was sitting back like "if i was out there that wouldn't have happened, pay me". Hahah

LMAO this cracks me up. Yeah 20 would be a little concerning - I'd make him take a breathalyzer.

id def be concerned about the dump though lmao
[ Edited by tankle104 on Jul 30, 2024 at 2:48 PM ]
Originally posted by tankle104:

LMAO this cracks me up. Yeah 20 would be a little concerning - I'd make him take a breathalyzer.

id def be concerned about the dump though lmao

Purdy just wanting his Defense to gain Confidence in Practice.
I'll never care about picks in training camp, especially when we're missing key pieces and there is 0 game planning involved.

People made a big deal about it with Jimmy G and we went to the SB with him that season. It's not a big deal at all. We have 1.5 seasons of him taking care of the football in games that matter. I don't care about camp, if anything I'd rather the defense step up and show us they're ready to bounce back.

Originally posted by genus49:
I'll never care about picks in training camp, especially when we're missing key pieces and there is 0 game planning involved.

People made a big deal about it with Jimmy G and we went to the SB with him that season. It's not a big deal at all. We have 1.5 seasons of him taking care of the football in games that matter. I don't care about camp, if anything I'd rather the defense step up and show us they're ready to bounce back.

At the end of the day, Brock has shown tremendous ability to learn and grow from his mistakes. So sure, it isn't good that he threw picks - but I think he's proven that we shouldn't be worried either.

it was more concerning to me when Jimmy or Lance did in camp because they did that in real games too. I think Brock is going to grow from those bad plays in camp and be better for it - something Jimmy never really did. He was always the same and never took steps forward
Originally posted by maximusdecimus:
Shanny had this team at the same spot with a less talented team than last year and a less talented QB in jimmy G. I'm confident the 49ers know how this team is constructed and what will happen if they break the bank for purdy. Hes gonna get a good offer but no where near what will be the ceiling next year. This team does not need a high paid QB to win a Super Bowl.

I haven't seen them win a Super Bowl under Shanahan. What Super Bowl was that? Further the Jimmy team was defense driven. This team is more offense and Purdy is much better throwing down the field. I don't think they are comparable.
Originally posted by genus49:

seriously, the goal of camp/preseason is to avoid major injury.
Pete Prisco is clearly one of the most moronic NFL analysts that actually has a job and gets paid for it. So as NFLnetwork has their annual before the season - top 100 players, he does his own version. He ranks Trent Williams 3rd (which I thought was too high but ok) on his list and has Brock Purdy only at 85 below 12 other quarterbacks, including Rodgers, Dak, Tua, Goff, Lawrence and Hurts. None of the aforementioned are better than Brock not a single damn one. Prisco's an absolute idiot. In fact all the other 8 Niners he ranked on his list are higher than Brock. He's not the 9th best player on his own team. That's f**king stupid. How the hell some of these guys get jobs talking and writing about football is beyond me.
He threw picks last camp..too bad he didn't have a great season after that.

It is all apart of the plan, get ppl to think you are off your game..then go full assassin mode. The Quadfather is going to be ruthless.
Share 49ersWebzone