49ers WR Deebo Samuel will miss 'a couple of weeks' with calf strain →

There are 180 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

That's my qb 😍
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Just my extremely biased 49er fan opinion, but I think Patrick and Purdy are one and two on that top five list.

same

No thanks. Want my QB to EARN all of his "Top" considerations. Doesn't need to be given anything.
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by boast:
Just my extremely biased 49er fan opinion, but I think Patrick and Purdy are one and two on that top five list.

same

No thanks. Want my QB to EARN all of his "Top" considerations. Doesn't need to be given anything.

Based on last season, Mahommes and Purdy were that last 2 standing and Mahommes won. In my book, that's #1 and #2.
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Sounds like the o line is gonna get BP killed

Yeah, without Trent - our o line has got to be bottom five. It's really bad.

Why do the 31 other teams get to keep their Top Olineman or Top OT in this pretend-evaluation?

This 1-liner is going to be repeated ad nauseum this season, but I'm going to guess that no sense will ever be made of it.
Originally posted by genus49:
I'll never care about picks in training camp, especially when we're missing key pieces and there is 0 game planning involved.

People made a big deal about it with Jimmy G and we went to the SB with him that season. It's not a big deal at all. We have 1.5 seasons of him taking care of the football in games that matter. I don't care about camp, if anything I'd rather the defense step up and show us they're ready to bounce back.

At the end of the day, Brock has shown tremendous ability to learn and grow from his mistakes. So sure, it isn't good that he threw picks - but I think he's proven that we shouldn't be worried either.

it was more concerning to me when Jimmy or Lance did in camp because they did that in real games too.

I dunno man. Not concerned at all -- ever -- about camp stats,...lol. Only concern would be how he actually plays once the ball kicks off.

But let's be real. Just going by the offseason postings,...you'd be enthused and saying he's going to rewrite history books this year if those stats were 7 TDs, 0 TDs at this point.

Just think it's a little disingenuous to try to play both sides of every snippet of information we get. We really dont need to reforecast what's going to happen every couple days on here anyway,....might as well enjoy the process. $0.02.

These terms are so overused and out of place. He certainly IS a game manager,...because he manages games and game planes exceptionally well.

But he's shown a knack a playmaker as well when the ball is in his hands. He can be both.
Originally posted by random49er:
I'll never care about picks in training camp, especially when we're missing key pieces and there is 0 game planning involved.

People made a big deal about it with Jimmy G and we went to the SB with him that season. It's not a big deal at all. We have 1.5 seasons of him taking care of the football in games that matter. I don't care about camp, if anything I'd rather the defense step up and show us they're ready to bounce back.

At the end of the day, Brock has shown tremendous ability to learn and grow from his mistakes. So sure, it isn't good that he threw picks - but I think he's proven that we shouldn't be worried either.

it was more concerning to me when Jimmy or Lance did in camp because they did that in real games too.

I dunno man. Not concerned at all -- ever -- about camp stats,...lol. Only concern would be how he actually plays once the ball kicks off.

But let's be real. Just going by the offseason postings,...you'd be enthused and saying he's going to rewrite history books this year if those stats were 7 TDs, 0 TDs at this point.

Just think it's a little disingenuous to try to play both sides of every snippet of information we get. We really dont need to reforecast what's going to happen every couple days on here anyway,....might as well enjoy the process. $0.02.

I have said many a time I don't overreact to training camp or preseason one way or another.

But yes obviously you'd rather see your top guys show good things but at the same time during these practices you rarely have both the offense and defense showing up well on the same play so there has to be a negative on each play.

Why I prefer to see us show up well in preseason or joint practice.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by father49er:
Based on last season, Mahommes and Purdy were that last 2 standing and Mahommes won. In my book, that's #1 and #2.

great minds think alike!
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
[ Edited by Giedi on Jul 31, 2024 at 5:55 PM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
I have said many a time I don't overreact to training camp or preseason one way or another.

But yes obviously you'd rather see your top guys show good things but at the same time during these practices you rarely have both the offense and defense showing up well on the same play so there has to be a negative on each play.

Why I prefer to see us show up well in preseason or joint practice.

Brock trying things out is great in my book. Its basically year 3 and he should know this offense inside and out. Stats are important in my book - you can't change what you don't measure.

great minds think alike!

Brock 1 and Mahomes 2?
[ Edited by Montana on Jul 31, 2024 at 7:52 PM ]
Originally posted by Montana:

great minds think alike!

Brock 1 and Mahomes 2?
Brock 1 and 2

Brock and Kyle will get their ring(s)
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Brock 1 and 2

Nick WRONG sort of RIGHT for the the first time ever. Purdy has to perform at a super high level. Or the 49ers may say I need to see it another year. Shanahan falls out of love with QB's very quickly.

Those are kind of true to a point.

Share 49ersWebzone