There are 158 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Montana:
Brock's brother Chubba on Nevada Wolf Pack, after team switch 🐺

https://nevadasportsnet.com/sports/wolf-pack-football/chubba-purdy-aims-to-make-third-school-a-charm-in-battle-to-win-nevadas-starting-qb-job

Big Pack Purdy lol

No more Wolf Pack QB's on the 49ers.

Lol hopefully, he does well at UNR. Ugh, I got a Kap jersey right after he signed with SF, think I got rid of it a couple months later lol. I wasn't feeling the vibe much haha.
Chris Simms is almost as bad as Nick Wright.

I lost all respect for Simms as an analyst when he said Mac Jones would've led the 49ers to the Super Bowl as well. The guy just does not want to admit he was wrong about Mac Jones and Brock Purdy. That's the worst kind of analyst. The former player who refuses to acknowledge he was wrong and thinks that because he played the game, his opinion is somehow more valid than others.
Originally posted by Leathaface:

I lost all respect for Simms as an analyst when he said Mac Jones would've led the 49ers to the Super Bowl as well. The guy just does not want to admit he was wrong about Mac Jones and Brock Purdy. That's the worst kind of analyst. The former player who refuses to acknowledge he was wrong and thinks that because he played the game, his opinion is somehow more valid than others.

Most of the ex QB analysts weren't very good when they played. I think there's an old saying that says those that can do. Those that can't do teach. They have all this great knowledge and advice but weren't able to use it themselves.
[ Edited by CatchMaster80 on Aug 2, 2024 at 11:12 AM ]
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by frenchmov:
No, his job is to do what his client wants him to do, lol.

Why do you think a player hires an agent? The agents job is literally to negotiate contracts lol

You honestly think that players don't give them instructions?
what kind of instructions.. like a personal assistant ?

if you have to tell your agent what to do, then you are better off doing it yourself

You honestly think that all you do is hire an agent and let him do whatever he thinks is best, with no input from you at all? That's cute...
simms and florio are total hacks
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

Most of the ex QB analysts weren't very good when they played. I think there's an old saying that says those that can do. Those that can't do teach. They have all this great knowledge and advice but weren't able to use it themselves.

But that's just the thing, not only was Chris Simms a crappy quarterback he sucks as an analyst too.
Even before reading the article I knew the guy who made those comments was Chris Simms.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by frenchmov:
No, his job is to do what his client wants him to do, lol.

Why do you think a player hires an agent? The agents job is literally to negotiate contracts lol

You honestly think that players don't give them instructions?
what kind of instructions.. like a personal assistant ?

if you have to tell your agent what to do, then you are better off doing it yourself

You honestly think that all you do is hire an agent and let him do whatever he thinks is best, with no input from you at all? That's cute...
Input and instructions are two different things

but if you have to instruct your agent on what he's hired for, then you have the wrong agent

He's an idiot. I hate listening to him about Purdy & Mac Jones. Because he is wrong on both. He's a big Purdy hater. Purdy is so much better than he or Mac Jones could ever be.
Originally posted by ninerjok:

But that's just the thing, not only was Chris Simms a crappy quarterback he sucks as an analyst too.

Chris Simms is where he is because he's been riding Daddy's coat tails. He sucked as an NFL QB and he tries to portray the image he's some kind of NFL talent whisperer but the public knows better.

Originally posted by NC49er:
Originally posted by ninerjok:

Chris Simms is where he is because he's been riding Daddy's coat tails. He sucked as an NFL QB and he tries to portray the image he's some kind of NFL talent whisperer but the public knows better.

That sums up most of the media talking heads right there
I would assume he's just trying to see what he can and can't do. Like he said. You force more in training camp. Because it doesn't count at all. That's the best place you can test the limits. He played great for 2 years. So some training camp interceptions doesn't matter. All these analysts are total TOOLS.

Talking about interceptions in practice last year was dumb. This year it is extra chromosome type of cognitive impairment.

Are we really going to do it again?
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I would assume he's just trying to see what he can and can't do. Like he said. You force more in training camp. Because it doesn't count at all. That's the best place you can test the limits. He played great for 2 years. So some training camp interceptions doesn't matter. All these analysts are total TOOLS.

I'll start worrying if he throws 3 INTs in a real game. Until then I couldn't care less.
Originally posted by _Goldblooded_:
Talking about interceptions in practice last year was dumb. This year it is extra chromosome type of cognitive impairment.

Are we really going to do it again?

Ehh its Training Camp and the Talking heads have to discuss something to get the fan base riled up and get clicks and views.

All of this will be forgotten soon just like last year.
Share 49ersWebzone