LISTEN: 49ers Prepare For Ailing Rams →

There are 130 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I would assume he's just trying to see what he can and can't do. Like he said. You force more in training camp. Because it doesn't count at all. That's the best place you can test the limits. He played great for 2 years. So some training camp interceptions doesn't matter. All these analysts are total TOOLS.

I'll start worrying if he throws 3 INTs in a real game. Until then I couldn't care less.

Yeah I agree. He's just testing his limits and our defense is really good. I'd rather him test it against us than in a real game. It's nothing to worry about.
Simms was a horrible qb
Simms was so wrong about Purdy
Simms was so wrong about Mac Jones

He just can't admit he's wrong and he's trying to save face. He's a horrible analyst when it comes to quarterbacks. He was predicting a top five quarterback in a draft class when he's basically out of the league (I forgot his name he's so bad. I think he came from Florida possibly, was on Minn). Some people just can't admit their wrong.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Prepare yourselves for SD saying Nick WRONG a billion more times
Nick won't ever pass SD on being wrong

Nick WRONG is more WRONG than SD.

All he does is catch flack and win SD's attention.
[ Edited by random49er on Aug 2, 2024 at 2:52 PM ]
Originally posted by random49er:

If somebody is WRONG on the internet I will tell them.

If SD is wrong.. I don't want to be wright

He THroW TdS anD WIn gAMeS

We told you too

If SD is wrong.. I don't want to be wright

SD is not often wrong.

Originally posted by 49ers808:

He THroW TdS anD WIn gAMeS

We told you too

Yeah Brock_STAR Purdy does.

SD is not often wrong.

Originally posted by Leathaface:
Chris Simms is almost as bad as Nick Wright.

I lost all respect for Simms as an analyst when he said Mac Jones would've led the 49ers to the Super Bowl as well. The guy just does not want to admit he was wrong about Mac Jones and Brock Purdy. That's the worst kind of analyst. The former player who refuses to acknowledge he was wrong and thinks that because he played the game, his opinion is somehow more valid than others.

I don't think he was as wrong as you think. Mac Jones best attribute would have been perfect for us. You guys keep looking how guys fared at their current/past places with current/past situations without taking into effect what that player would have had here. I truly believe If We had drafted Mac Jones we would have made the Superbowl in 21

He likely would've had the same opportunity Trey had. I don't think he would have been an immediate starter of JG. I do think that Mac would have had to start that Texans game like Trey and not looked back. I don't think we would have started a hurt JG in the playoffs if we had Mac. I think we beat STL and quite possibly CIN. But definitely would have be STL IMO.

Having said that, I don't want him nowhere near this team. Not because of him as a QB but because of his antics on the field. Oh and because Brock is 10x better

Originally posted by krizay:

I lost all respect for Simms as an analyst when he said Mac Jones would've led the 49ers to the Super Bowl as well. The guy just does not want to admit he was wrong about Mac Jones and Brock Purdy. That's the worst kind of analyst. The former player who refuses to acknowledge he was wrong and thinks that because he played the game, his opinion is somehow more valid than others.

I don't think he was as wrong as you think. Mac Jones best attribute would have been perfect for us. You guys keep looking how guys fared at their current/past places with current/past situations without taking into effect what that player would have had here. I truly believe If We had drafted Mac Jones we would have made the Superbowl in 21

He likely would've had the same opportunity Trey had. I don't think he would have been an immediate starter of JG. I do think that Mac would have had to start that Texans game like Trey and not looked back. I don't think we would have started a hurt JG in the playoffs if we had Mac. I think we beat STL and quite possibly CIN. But definitely would have be STL IMO.

Having said that, I don't want him nowhere near this team. Not because of him as a QB but because of his antics on the field. Oh and because Brock is 10x better
lol McKorkle sucks. dude needs a lot of protection time to make decisions. he's not going to get that here.

lol McKorkle sucks. dude needs a lot of protection time to make decisions. he's not going to get that here.

He's not as mobile or as accurate as Purdy. Plus he plays scared and unsure. Purdy plays like a veteran stud. Just no comparison. I realize the comps coming out of College were he would be a good pocket QB. But he's just not (Mac Jones). LOL. Plus he can't scramble around and create off schedule like Purdy routinely does. Just no way he compares to what we now have. It's lunacy.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tankle104:

If the offensive line can do a bit better job in blitz pickups, man o man, Brock is going to be scoring multiple touchdowns every game this year. Too many breakdowns on the right side of the line last year. I hope Puni/Feliciano can plug those right side gap blitzes and help McKivitz be better this year.

maybe....

As a dude who wanted Mac Jones...I think he is an NFL QB, but....the dude is toxic as hell.

In my market, I have watched most of Mac's game...he can do some NFL things rather well....and the Pat's WRs suck...badly....terrible....just Terrible......

So I could see him flourishing here, but I really do not think he would mesh well with Shanny. Shanny is not the control freak some people try to make him out to be ....but in the moment he has alot to say...and the dog house is real.... Mac would sink his career here...just like he did with the Pats
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
I'm really excited about Brock and Dobbs. Both are such athletic QB's that can hurt you with their arms and their legs. I really want to see how Dobbs compares to Brandon Allen in pre-season. I hope he can beat out Brandon for QB2 and *possibly* based on his growth the last year - possibly challenge Brock next year - if that trajectory continues. I really think Dobbs can be Steve Young 2.0 to our Joe (Brock) Montana. In other words, a backup QB that can win you games too.

[question]QB Brandon Allen was just in here talking about how everything is tied to the quarterback's feet in this system. Is that emphasized here more than the other stops that you've played at?
[Dobbs]"Yeah, I would say it definitely is the biggest point of emphasis in our QB room and it is emphasized a little bit more than other places. It shows just with the efficiency, how efficient the offense has been over the last several years. When you have a quarterback in there that's very good with his footwork, his reads, his decision making, is decisive and gets the balls to the best weapons in the league, it shows how successful this offense can be and continues to be. It is a big point of emphasis. Us as a room collectively, I know I just got here and Brock has been here for going to his third year now, Brandon was here last year, [QB] Tanner [Mordecai], he's learning it with me too. We're all in there trying to refine our footwork, play with efficient feet, click through our reads as efficiently as possible, because we know if we get the ball out of our hands, we get the ball in our playmaker's hands, then this offense can't be stopped."
Share 49ersWebzone