There are 213 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by Giedi:

He needs a Jerry Rice level WR to get to Joe and Steve's level of success and beyond. I hope that's Deebo.

Jerry Rice level? That isn't Deebo or anyone else for that matter.

Haha. No idea what Giedi was thinking there...

Jerry Rice in receiving yards alone is miles ahead of anyone else.

Thats just receiving yards.
Originally posted by 49erKing:
Marvin Harrison and oh, TO?

Better. Randy Moss was very QB dependent. Hell i don't even put Calvin Johnson on Jerry's level, and i think he was better than Moss.

I think BA is the best WR in the NFL(for the 49ers) followed closely by ty hill. The YAC, and his desire to block for others puts him over the top. CMC and Deebo big plays would suffer if BA is gone.
Cannot imagine Brock with Jerry Rice.. 15 Super Bowl rings lol. There may never be another as great as the GOAT and I am ok with that:).
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by glorydayz:

I think Deebo can be that dominant WR that's just unstoppable on big downs and crunch time like Jerry was.
Originally posted by glorydayz:

I think Deebo can be that dominant WR that's just unstoppable on big downs and crunch time like Jerry was.

I love Deebo

but… 🐐

never mind
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Montana:
Cannot imagine Brock with Jerry Rice.. 15 Super Bowl rings lol. There may never be another as great as the GOAT and I am ok with that:).

Jerry was a big part of Joe and Steve's success. They need Aiyuk, Deebo, or *somebody else* to step up and be that go to guy in crunchtime. Specially in big games like the Superbowl.

Jerry was a big part of Joe and Steve's success. They need Aiyuk, Deebo, or *somebody else* to step up and be that go to guy in crunchtime. Specially in big games like the Superbowl.

DEEVAH not even a WR.. how can you compare the guy to Jerry..
Originally posted by 9moon:

Damn you're back
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9moon:

Jerry was unique from a player standpoint. Great size, speed, strength. Not the fastest, but he always came down with the ball in crunch time. I see the same kind of flashes with both Deebo and Aiyuk. They just need to be more consistent for Purdy to achieve his potential.

Purdy is a generational talent, and he needs a generational wide receiver to bring that talent out.
Originally posted by 49erKing:
Marvin Harrison and oh, TO?

Nobody got to Jerry Rice level career wise but the next tier consists of Moss TO Fitzgerald Harrison etc

I still saw some good things from Brock given the sh*tshow offense we rolled out there yesterday. His playaction game looked crisp. His footwork looked good when given more than 2 seconds to throw. And he still moves well (maybe better) given the added muscle. Love my QB1
Originally posted by Silky:
I still saw some good things from Brock given the sh*tshow offense we rolled out there yesterday. His playaction game looked crisp. His footwork looked good when given more than 2 seconds to throw. And he still moves well (maybe better) given the added muscle. Love my QB1

Even showed his escapability some, although I was screaming for him to just throw the ball away and not put himself in danger for a meaningless game.
While I agree that he looked poised and you could see him actually reading the field, at the end of the day that was a terrible performance. With that said.... 3 preseason drives with 2nd and 3rd stringers means ABSOLUTELY nothing. My concern level is literally 0%.
11 yards. One first down horrible. Even with tier 3 scrubs a little more production would be nice.

Fridays game as more dress rehearsal should show how much rust out there.
People really concerned with Brock? He didn't play any preseason last year then balled out. I'm the least concerned about him.
Share 49ersWebzone