There are 212 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I thought Shanahan didn't care about preseason and doesn't show anything? I mean he isnt even calling the plays... Now some are concerned because Brock didn't throw 3 TDs with backups?
If Brock struggles I can see dobbs being named the starter
[ Edited by GLT49ers on Aug 19, 2024 at 7:00 AM ]
Originally posted by GLT49ers:

💩 🤡

brock is already struggling... it's just downhill from here..
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tankle104:

brock is already struggling... it's just downhill from here..

Brock and the twos vs the New Orleans starters.

Honestly after last nights performance I wouldn't waste a roster spot on Brock.

Give Dobbs the starting job. Keep Allen as the veteran backup and keep Mordecai cuz he's basically the rookie QB destined to be our next great franchise QB.

Maybe Purdy will clear waiver and we can put him on the PS or something
It looked like Kubiak was trying to feature Brayden Willis... but, it seemed Brock doesn't have much chemistry with him at all. Tried to direct Willis to the open spot, but it didn't happen.
[ Edited by OKC49erFan on Aug 19, 2024 at 7:35 AM ]
Originally posted by MucketyMuck:
While I agree that he looked poised and you could see him actually reading the field, at the end of the day that was a terrible performance. With that said.... 3 preseason drives with 2nd and 3rd stringers means ABSOLUTELY nothing. My concern level is literally 0%.

I forgot Chase was with the Aints until I wondered who the hell is sporting those locks on their dline. Then I had a sense of dread before the first pass play and yep sure enough - he creates pressure and gets a hit or contributes towards a hit on BP (and he hit him several times). Chase was all over the place in the 1st quarter.
Originally posted by genus49:

Honestly after last nights performance I wouldn't waste a roster spot on Brock.

Give Dobbs the starting job. Keep Allen as the veteran backup and keep Mordecai cuz he's basically the rookie QB destined to be our next great franchise QB.

Maybe Purdy will clear waiver and we can put him on the PS or something

I'd be good with that. I mean the media was all over Wilson and Fields struggling like hell the other day and they both went a combined 19 for 27 for 139 yds which beats the heck out of Purday's 2 for 6 for 11 yds day and that one awful scramble throw. What does that say about our so-called starting QB?

Then we'd also avoid having to pay him zillions which would extend our SB window a lil bit more with Dobbs or maybe we can lure Jimmy G back? Sometimes shooting stars are just that - short-lived aka Mac Jones, Carson Wentz, Marcus Mariota, etc...
I don't understand why Kyle used his starting QB in a game with only 2 starters on the O lone and none of the starting skill players. what's the point? Did he want to see how he could perform with no help? Now we have people ready to start Dobbs or Mordecai over Brock based on one quarter of pre season football.

Ridiculous.

Brock Purdy really bulked up. So much that he is beginning to look like those body builders who cant move their arms or necks freely. I wonder if it will affect him.

I think Mordecai should be QB 3, Dobbs QB 2. Mordecai will be grabbed off the PS.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I don't understand why Kyle used his starting QB in a game with only 2 starters on the O lone and none of the starting skill players. what's the point? Did he want to see how he could perform with no help? Now we have people ready to start Dobbs or Mordecai over Brock based on one quarter of pre season football.

Ridiculous.

I think Brock requested playing time. I do like both Mordecai and Dobbs over Allen for sure though.
Brocks good but he isn't S without Kyle Shannahan and this stacked line up.
[ Edited by maximusdecimus on Aug 19, 2024 at 9:07 AM ]
Originally posted by maximusdecimus:
Brocks good but he isn't S without Kyle Shannahan.

I think Brock would do well with any offensive coach.
Brock probably wanted to play a few series to get into game time rhythm but now since it wasn't pretty we'll have to deal with the idiotic posts and the Grant Cohn articles. Such is life as a 49ers fan.
Share 49ersWebzone