There are 254 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
Not gonna lie, he looks pedestrian without star players. Could barely complete a pass.

I joked that the 49ers were going to play his reps from this game on repeat as they present him with a low ball offer of a contract after this season.

But the thing is if we think about it here is what he went out there with

OL:
2 out of 5 starters on the OL from last year and they were easily the two worst ones.
Puni looks to be a great find and a potential starter but it's a job he's also able to secure because 2 guys ahead of him got hurt.

WR:
Best WR was Cowing who is projected to be our WR5 if we get Aiyuk deal done.

RB:
Schrader is likely at best our RB4 if not RB5 behind CMC, Mitchell, Mason and possibly Guerrero

TE/FB:
No Kittle or Juice out there.

Now I've seen people claim Dobbs looked better with those guys but one thing to remember is QB play is based a lot on chemistry and trust in your guys. The majority of the players out there last night aren't guys Brock gets a lot of reps with. Dobbs has gotten a lot more reps with those guys.

Dobbs also went up against more 2s and 3s on the Saints defense, while Brock and his 2s & 3s supporting staff went up against NO's starting defense. That defense locked down the receivers on pass plays rather easily. Brock went checkdown or threw it away on most plays. The one where he said "screw it, it doesn't count" and chucked it being the exception.

I personally don't mind that he attempted that pass - again, it doesn't actually matter - but of course it's now some referendum to those who want to always dwell in the misery of "the WORST is always the only way to think".

Not worried about Brock at all.
Tom's 75% winning percentage vs Brock's 78% winning percentage says it all.
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by GLT49ers:
If Brock struggles I can see dobbs being named the starter

Honestly after last nights performance I wouldn't waste a roster spot on Brock.

Give Dobbs the starting job. Keep Allen as the veteran backup and keep Mordecai cuz he's basically the rookie QB destined to be our next great franchise QB.

Maybe Purdy will clear waiver and we can put him on the PS or something

I wouldn't give up on Brock. I was just merely stating that if Brock is struggling or gets injured I feel confident in dobbs.
  • bud49
  • Veteran
Hard to believe people doubting Brock after last nights game, I mean he was playing with the 2nd and 3rd string players. The person I doubt and hate to say it after last night is Kyle WTH is he doing putting Brock on the field with a bunch of scrubs. Wake the hell up Kyle! Aint a QB anywhere other than maybe PM that would have done anything with those players last night agains the number 1 defense of the saints.

NO PANIC HERE.
[ Edited by bud49 on Aug 19, 2024 at 3:23 PM ]
Originally posted by bud49:
Hard to believe people doubting Brock after last nights game, I mean he was playing with the 2nd and 3rd string players. The person I doubt and hate to say it after last night is Kyle WTH is he doing putting Brock on the field with a bunch of scrubs. Wake the hell up Kyle! Aint a QB anywhere other than maybe PM that would have done anything with those players last night agains the number 1 defense of the saints.

Shanahan decisions need to come under scrutiny. He blew the SB. He blew the lance trade with all those picks. And now he starting Brock in a scrub game
  • bud49
  • Veteran

Shanahan decisions need to come under scrutiny. He blew the SB. He blew the lance trade with all those picks. And now he starting Brock in a scrub game

I agree some reporter needs to nail him on this bonehead decision of putting a starting not to mention Superbowl QB on the field with a bunch of scrubs. I think Kyles response was well Brock wanted to play. " Hey Kyle do you let every player do what they want to do?"

I agree some reporter needs to nail him on this bonehead decision of putting a starting not to mention Superbowl QB on the field with a bunch of scrubs. I think Kyles response was well Brock wanted to play. " Hey Kyle do you let every player do what they want to do?"
Got get a test run of the possible starting OL

that very well can be our OL if we don't have TW, banks & Feli starting due to holdout and injury
  • bud49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Got get a test run of the possible starting OL

that very well can be our OL if we don't have TW, banks & Feli starting due to holdout and injury

To me the OL really wasnt that bad last night for what they were it was the fact there were no 1st string skill players on the field other than Brock. Brock is a throw on time QB or to a spot he had no sync with the skill players on the field heck they don;t even know half the plays, we all know how complicated or have been enlightened on how hard the offensive scheme is to learn
[ Edited by bud49 on Aug 19, 2024 at 3:39 PM ]

He makes some really bad decisions IMO.

He's not made of China. That was Jimmy. He needs some time.

They didn't get the joint practice that Kyle calls the most important part of camp.
[ Edited by 9erson3 on Aug 19, 2024 at 4:54 PM ]
I don't think anyone is actually seriously concerned because of a preseason game but I also can't just brush away him chucking up balls like he did. I don't care if it's practice, preseason or wherever. Awful decisions that no QB should ever do.

I hope Brock isn't pressing because he knows he's a year from setting himself up for life.

We also have to remember defenses in the NFL adapt. They now have a full season of footage on Brock. He's going to need to play a lot better than he has in training camp/preseason because NFL defenses aren't going to let him do what he did last year

Originally posted by frenchmov:
I don't think anyone is actually seriously concerned because of a preseason game but I also can't just brush away him chucking up balls like he did. I don't care if it's practice, preseason or wherever. Awful decisions that no QB should ever do.

I hope Brock isn't pressing because he knows he's a year from setting himself up for life.

We also have to remember defenses in the NFL adapt. They now have a full season of footage on Brock. He's going to need to play a lot better than he has in training camp/preseason because NFL defenses aren't going to let him do what he did last year

That was the rhetoric last offseason. This is getting stale. Brock will be fine and I'm willing to bet defenses will let him do that to them again because he's a good QB
Originally posted by Bloodless:
The Future!

I went back to page 1. This guy knew
Originally posted by tankle104:
If Brock struggles I can see dobbs being named the starter

brock is already struggling... it's just downhill from here..
Oh no, the sky is falling……… The horror of it all !!!!!!!!
[ Edited by Cg9erSF on Aug 19, 2024 at 5:50 PM ]

im just tryna bring some smiles to peoples faces around here
[ Edited by tankle104 on Aug 19, 2024 at 5:49 PM ]
He is not a concern. He balls when the lights are on for real. We have real issues that should be focused on like the injuries and contract disputes. Let's fix those and leave Brock to do his thing.
Share 49ersWebzone