There are 225 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by bud49:
Originally posted by GLT49ers:
Originally posted by bud49:
Hard to believe people doubting Brock after last nights game, I mean he was playing with the 2nd and 3rd string players. The person I doubt and hate to say it after last night is Kyle WTH is he doing putting Brock on the field with a bunch of scrubs. Wake the hell up Kyle! Aint a QB anywhere other than maybe PM that would have done anything with those players last night agains the number 1 defense of the saints.

Shanahan decisions need to come under scrutiny. He blew the SB. He blew the lance trade with all those picks. And now he starting Brock in a scrub game

I agree some reporter needs to nail him on this bonehead decision of putting a starting not to mention Superbowl QB on the field with a bunch of scrubs. I think Kyles response was well Brock wanted to play. " Hey Kyle do you let every player do what they want to do?"

s**t it was the current starting o line minus Banks. It's pre season you can throw any skill position dudes out there. The issue we all should have is why they don't invest more in the o line to protect Brock. McKivitz was getting beat by scrubs

lmao and people really talking like he was bad. Lmaooo 2 of these worthless, soon to be free agents, WRs were ON THE GROUND. Willis thinking he is randy moss and doesn't come back for the ball, then GETS SHOVED OUT OF BOUNDS. Lol meanwhile, moore getting beat like the bottom bum he is.

SOMEONE HELP THIS MAN. Lol seriously pathetic all around. Embarrassing lol might be the worst play execution I've ever seen. lol

brock wasn't perfect but not even Jesus Christ could of done something here.
[ Edited by tankle104 on Aug 19, 2024 at 8:05 PM ]
Originally posted by tankle104:

lmao and people really talking like he was bad. Lmaooo 2 of these worthless, soon to be free agents, WRs were ON THE GROUND. Willis thinking he is randy moss and doesn't come back for the ball, then GETS SHOVED OUT OF BOUNDS. Lol meanwhile, moore getting beat like the bottom bum he is.

SOMEONE HELP THIS MAN. Lol seriously pathetic all around. Embarrassing lol might be the worst play execution I've ever seen. lol

Brock was directing Willis what seemed all day on that play and nothing. Frustrating lol.

Lol Trent taylor
Originally posted by Montana:

Brock was directing Willis what seemed all day on that play and nothing. Frustrating lol.

The receivers got blanketed and bullied while Brock was playing. He should not have been playing last night. Top 4 WRs on the roster did not play. Top 3 RBs were not playing. Starting TE and FB did not play. Half the starting offensive line were not playing. But lets start QB1. What were they thinking? It was just a stupid decision.
Originally posted by Montana:

Honestly though.. I really liked how Brock was on that play. He seemed in control and knew what he was doing - it didn't end well but he seemed really calm and in control.

I liked the way he handled a s**t show situation. Gives me a lot of confidence for this season for off schedule plays - he will handle them extremely well, IMO.
That was clear illegal contact on the Saints DB...I mean it doesn't get more blatant than that. Purdy did the best he could with that horrible situation on that play.

Cowing definitely making the team so I hope you're not talking about him, especially because there 100% should've been a flag on that play for him getting knocked down like that.
Originally posted by Leathaface:
That was clear illegal contact on the Saints DB...I mean it doesn't get more blatant than that. Purdy did the best he could with that horrible situation on that play.

I don't know what it is but the refs just have total blinders on for our guys getting mugged out there but any borderline sh*t against our DBs and the yellow is flying.

Flag should've been thrown there and on Brock's I think last attempt as they got to Taylor early with no call.
I can't believe how many people are concerned about what they saw against the Saints. No QB is going to look good with half a starting O line and no starting receivers or RBs. Especially when the opposing team is using some of its starting defenders.

Trent Taylor gonna get cut.
lol at Florios article today. Brock is going to be great this year and cannot wait until all of the pundits eat their words. Ridiculous. Can't wait!
Originally posted by 9erguy:
lol at Florios article today. Brock is going to be great this year and cannot wait until all of the pundits eat their words. Ridiculous. Can't wait!

Dude really hates brock. It was a nasty article
Originally posted by NONAME:
Originally posted by 9erguy:

Dude really hates brock. It was a nasty article

Not going to read it.

Is it just about the Preseason Game making him say he is horrible now?
Originally posted by maximusdecimus:
Originally posted by genus49:
Good barometer for who knows how the NFL works and those without a brain.

Ok all knowing, you tell me your thoughts on why kyle played Purdy yesterday. New Orleans played their starters and we didn't. Would you have played your franchise QB in those circumstances? What was the point?

You good?
Share 49ersWebzone