IMO hes better than any of those listed below Burrow,

T-1Joe Burrow Cincinnati Bengals$55 million
T-1Trevor Lawrence Jacksonville Jaguars$55 million
T-1Jordan Love Green Bay Packers$55 million
4Tua Tagovailoa Miami Dolphins$53.1 million
5Jared Goff Detroit Lions$53 million
6Justin Herbert Los Angeles Chargers$52.5 milli

I'm not sure where to rank Brock tbh

I'd take brock over everyone except burrow and I'd have to think about Herbert. Let's see how Herbert does with better coaching now. I think he is immensely talented and has shined bright numerous times - just hasn't been consistent.

Agree
  • bud49
  • Veteran
There is not a QB in the league that can win ball games with below level talent and a terrible Offensive scheme. Stop with all the well if he didn't have this or he didn't have that, it still takes the QB to get the ball to the skill players and to run the offense that is practiced all week.
[ Edited by bud49 on Aug 20, 2024 at 4:32 PM ]
The 'he needs to show ME something' crowd is always the most hilarious.

Lots of Cohn-esque takes.
Originally posted by TyCore:
The 'he needs to show ME something' crowd is always the most hilarious.

Lots of Cohn-esque takes.

He literally said Sam Darnold had the best arm on the team. He was the best thrower.

• DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by DrEll:
The main question that will be answered this season is whether Brock is great vs serviceable. Up to this point his trajectory has been trending up, but we've seen teams frazzle him and make him look pedestrian (Baltimore, GB, KC late)…

Baltimore has a phenomenal defense. Green Bay was a driving rainstorm. Bad example there IMO. KC is the best team in the league with an all universe QB. He went toe to toe and was in overtime in the Super Bowl. It's not that bad.

Most of the rest he played good, great or excellent against. For 2 years in a row. The data is mostly really good.

Exactly. Time to cement his spot in the upper echelon of quarterbacks in the league. This is the year to prove it.
I would never rank a QB by how much he makes. Not any other player either. That's why salaries are spiraling out of control. Players and agents are comparing salaries as a way to project their value. That's why so many of those guys are over paid.
The main question that will be answered this season is whether Brock is great vs serviceable. Up to this point his trajectory has been trending up, but we've seen teams frazzle him and make him look pedestrian (Baltimore, GB, KC late)…

Baltimore has a phenomenal defense. Green Bay was a driving rainstorm. Bad example there IMO. KC is the best team in the league with an all universe QB. He went toe to toe and was in overtime in the Super Bowl. It's not that bad.

Most of the rest he played good, great or excellent against. For 2 years in a row. The data is mostly really good.

Exactly. Time to cement his spot in the upper echelon of quarterbacks in the league. This is the year to prove it.

I think he is really good and will probably prove it. You can't do it 2 years in a row and make the Super Bowl if it's not real. He is real.
  • bud49
  • Veteran
https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/182962-training-rebounds-leader-guerendo-others/

Shanahan noted that Purdy, coming off a record-breaking season in 2023, has grown even more as a leader and is showing greater command of the offense this year.

"The team, based off of what he's done, he's earned their respect on the field, and they know him as a guy inside and out and no one respects anyone more as a person than how much they respect Brock," Shanahan said.

He added, "He's got enough tape out there that everyone has a good grasp of what Brock is, and that's a very good quarterback."
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by bud49:
https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/182962-training-rebounds-leader-guerendo-others/

Shanahan noted that Purdy, coming off a record-breaking season in 2023, has grown even more as a leader and is showing greater command of the offense this year.

"The team, based off of what he's done, he's earned their respect on the field, and they know him as a guy inside and out and no one respects anyone more as a person than how much they respect Brock," Shanahan said.

He added, "He's got enough tape out there that everyone has a good grasp of what Brock is, and that's a very good quarterback."

He's a generational talent. Not quite physically - but definitely mentally. The recivers Kyle's gotten for Brock are more the Tom Brady/Julian Edelman type guys that are quick and good route runners to take advantage of the route adjustments in this offense.

Brock was telling Willis to come back to him on that route (failed 3rd down pass attempt), which probably was a route adjustment/option and it tells me Brock needs guys on the same speed reading talent level he has to take this offense to the next level.
Originally posted by 9erguy:
lol at Florios article today. Brock is going to be great this year and cannot wait until all of the pundits eat their words. Ridiculous. Can't wait!

It's going to be a magical year. Can't wait

He literally said Sam Darnold had the best arm on the team. He was the best thrower.

Sam was pretty overrated but what is cool is that with the love Shanny gave him..and his stronger showing over Lance, he now is in a good position in Minnesota. But yeah, overrated some. I think he is a good enough player but stale toast when compared to some others..like Purdy.
[ Edited by Montana on Aug 21, 2024 at 1:00 PM ]
Originally posted by Giedi:
He's a generational talent. Not quite physically - but definitely mentally. The recivers Kyle's gotten for Brock are more the Tom Brady/Julian Edelman type guys that are quick and good route runners to take advantage of the route adjustments in this offense.

Brock was telling Willis to come back to him on that route (failed 3rd down pass attempt), which probably was a route adjustment/option and it tells me Brock needs guys on the same speed reading talent level he has to take this offense to the next level.

I think those quads are pretty generational . Idk, I haven't understood why ppl mention that he doesn't seem athletic, strong or are slightly critical about his physicality. Dude is has a solid tank core and looks like a damn, gold medal athlete imo. Dude is just lit fit haha. Mentally, physically, this guy is really at the very top. He has bulked up and is even stronger. Looking forward to Brock beast mode!

That Willis route was disappointing and agree, we need players on similar reading level as Purdy's to really make strong plays. But the reading level of Purdy is ridiculous, so, we really need the best of the best. Just glad we have a leader and a great qb to where we even have this conversation! This guy was born to play .
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Montana:
Originally posted by Giedi:

I think those quads are pretty generational . Idk, I haven't understood why ppl mention that he doesn't seem athletic, strong or are slightly critical about his physicality. Dude is has a solid tank core and looks like a damn, gold medal athlete imo. Dude is just lit fit haha. Mentally, physically, this guy is really at the very top. He has bulked up and is even stronger. Looking forward to Brock beast mode!

That Willis route was disappointing and agree, we need players on similar reading level as Purdy's to really make strong plays. But the reading level of Purdy is ridiculous, so, we really need the best of the best. Just glad we have a leader and a great qb to where we even have this conversation! This guy was born to play .

NY85 isn't wow'ed by Brock's physical attributes the way he is with the Mahomes/Lamar types, is what I mean by Physically. I do think Brock has the right amount of physicallness to be a top flight elite QB. What sets him apart and makes him (and guys like Brady and Joe) generational is his accuracy and speed reading ability.

Unfortunately that mental prowess is negated by receivers who can't recognize the adjustments fast enough. These windows open and close so fast in the NFL, blink, and it's gone. Example, Joe and Dwight had that Synchronicity. Brock and Aiyuk. Same. Rice had that speed reading ability too in conjunction with Joe and Steve. Brock needs a guy like Rice from a mental standpoint, who can recognize coverages as fast as Brock does.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Montana:

Sam was pretty overrated but what is cool is that with the love Shanny gave him..and his stronger showing over Lance, he now is in a good position in Minnesota. But yeah, overrated some. I think he is a good enough player but stale toast when compared to some others..like Purdy.

Ppersonally I think Dobbs is better than Darnold.
The only QB I'd take over Purdy right now is Mahomes, and maybe Williams but that remains to be seen.
Share 49ersWebzone