Save 30% at the official 49ers online store with code CATCH30 →

There are 242 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Lol John Elway overrated.

55-10 , now that was some 80's John Elway lol.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
He attempted the 2nd most passes in his career last year, but I agree it helped their offense to finally have a reasonably effective run game (that wasn't simply him running). Brock has arguably the best run game in the NFL behind him. That makes a QB's job much easier. Not to mention the light years better playmakers in the pass game and the significantly better coaching/system. Brock is in the best situation in the NFL. The Bills are a crap offense without Allen (or another elite QB in his place).

Please spare us!
It's Brock that makes it "the best situation" in the NFL! The running game is effective because Brock forces defenses to cover the whole field otherwise he'll gash them somewhere else. There are also better RB combos out there. Detroit right off the top of my head. And a LOT of better WR tandems.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
no, having those guys ahead of brock is

I'm not alone in this opinion, though it may be unpopular in a 49ers community. I can live with that. It's not any form of disrespect or unserious to say he's the 9th best QB in the NFL. Most people would have him lower than I do, right or wrong.
and a lot of those people are misinformed and in denial. 49ers don't get any type of love nation wide and we've been a powerhouse of a team the last 4 years.

49ers fans get to see Purdy first hand and get force fed all the crap they get shown on national networks.. it's why Most people tend to be incorrect and think it's a offensive system doing most of the work.

Right now it should only be Mahomes that is ahead of BP

This is a lot more plausible than the rubbish the other fella is trying to argue (borderline troll).
It's Brock's intangibles that set him apart and most people don't account for. Until those are debunked, he's arguably second best.
He's going to get better too. Stronger. More experienced. He was almost a rookie last year, with minimal work with the first team.
Originally posted by Rsrkshn:
He attempted the 2nd most passes in his career last year, but I agree it helped their offense to finally have a reasonably effective run game (that wasn't simply him running). Brock has arguably the best run game in the NFL behind him. That makes a QB's job much easier. Not to mention the light years better playmakers in the pass game and the significantly better coaching/system. Brock is in the best situation in the NFL. The Bills are a crap offense without Allen (or another elite QB in his place).

Please spare us!
It's Brock that makes it "the best situation" in the NFL! The running game is effective because Brock forces defenses to cover the whole field otherwise he'll gash them somewhere else. There are also better RB combos out there. Detroit right off the top of my head. And a LOT of better WR tandems.

I just wish the opposing defenses would underestimate Brock as much as everyone else does. But they are smarter than to do that.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Please spare us!

Agree 💯% that Brock elevates the offense. I think with a better grasp of the offense this year, he'll blow the top off the offense this year. Those who disagree will suffer the consequences.
  • bud49
  • Veteran
My list
Mahomes
Burrows
Purdy
Allen
etc
etc
etc
[ Edited by bud49 on Aug 22, 2024 at 8:39 AM ]
Please spare us!

Lol
Mahomes
Allen
Burrow
Herbert
Jackson
Stafford
Stroud
Love

I'd take these players over Brock.

Probably a couple more I'd at least consider as higher ceiling gambles

Herbert, Stafford and Love have done nothing in the playoffs to prove they are better than Brock Purdy. Allen is a physical specimen. But mostly loses. But I could understand the argument. Jackson is fast but not a great thrower IMO. Stroud has enormous talent. But it's early. Clearly Mahomes is top of the list. Burrow is tall and an absolute dart thrower. So it's hard to argue he's high.

I still would minus out Herbert, Stafford, Love. I don't think they have an argument to being better than Purdy. Making him about #6 instead of #9. It's possible to argue against Jackson and Allen. But both have enormous physical talents. In different ways. They mostly don't get far in the playoffs. But get a high rating because of physical talent.
Originally posted by Montana:

Most overrated QB in NFL history by a mile. Wasnt at the top of a single QB statistic until his 11th year in the league.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

Most overrated QB in NFL history by a mile. Wasnt at the top of a single QB statistic until his 11th year in the league.

He wasn't overrated. He had a rocket arm, could run fast and was accurate. He didn't have much of a team. But carried average deep into the playoffs on his own shoulders.

Mahomes is the only one where i yell shut up and give him to me.
I say no to Joe Burrow because of injuries. They may be flukes, but that is a lot of flukes.
CJ Stroud is one i would consider, but i would do like McDaniels did for the Tye Hill trade (dive into film to see if i actually see it)[assuming I have that skillset]
Josh Allen would likely be a no, but i would not be sure of myself.
Lamar is a no, i can enjoy my QB running, but not it being his best trait.
Love is a no, he might be more talented but 1 year of play and not sure if there is much more upside. And he is already in the offense, so it is not like we could see how much better he could get from that change.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
Mahomes is the only one where i yell shut up and give him to me.
I say no to Joe Burrow because of injuries. They may be flukes, but that is a lot of flukes.
CJ Stroud is one i would consider, but i would do like McDaniels did for the Tye Hill trade (dive into film to see if i actually see it)[assuming I have that skillset]
Josh Allen would likely be a no, but i would not be sure of myself.
Lamar is a no, i can enjoy my QB running, but not it being his best trait.
Love is a no, he might be more talented but 1 year of play and not sure if there is much more upside. And he is already in the offense, so it is not like we could see how much better he could get from that change.

Burrows only really missed 6 games in four seasons. I'd take Burrows even over Mahomes, who needs refs to back him up. f**k you Mahomes!!!

BUT when you say overrated, do you believe that had he gotten cut by the Broncos the, that you or no team would pick him up?
Originally posted by 9moon:

BUT when you say overrated, do you believe that had he gotten cut by the Broncos the, that you or no team would pick him up?

Something of a leap from "overrated " to cut and out. But Elway without Terrell Davis ?
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

He wasn't overrated. He had a rocket arm, could run fast and was accurate. He didn't have much of a team. But carried average deep into the playoffs on his own shoulders.

For once we're in agreement lol.

Elway was unicorn for his time
Share 49ersWebzone