Save 30% at the official 49ers online store with code CATCH30 →

There are 256 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
https://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl/197576-john-elway-most-overrated-quarterback-all-time/
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
https://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl/197576-john-elway-most-overrated-quarterback-all-time/

Haha, had a feeling you would show up
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
For once we're in agreement lol.

Elway was unicorn for his time

A unicorn???

Originally posted by Kolohe:
Burrows only really missed 6 games in four seasons. I'd take Burrows even over Mahomes, who needs refs to back him up. f**k you Mahomes!!!
Originally posted by Montana:

Haha, had a feeling you would show up

Had to do it. Need to try to educate people!

You are, just not in the way you're intending. Lol.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

Go into the thread and debate me then.
  • Cosmo

That thread changed my view on Elway a long time ago. For me he'll always just be that dejected baby walking off the field after a 55-10 BEATDOWN.

We've had this argument a couple times already.
Originally posted by Cosmo:
That thread changed my view on Elway a long time ago. For me he'll always just be that dejected baby walking off the field after a 55-10 BEATDOWN.

One of the best SB memories I have had, I laughed my ass off. I thought John was under the influence of something or idk what lol, some of the worst ball throwing I have ever seen. Like throwing wild turkeys into the wind. Just horrible. I was like wtf is he doing? How can you be that bad in an SB? Lolol

One of the best SB memories I have had, I laughed my ass off. I thought John was under the influence of something or idk what lol, some of the worst ball throwing I have ever seen. Like throwing wild turkeys into the wind. Just horrible. I was like wtf is he doing? How can you be that bad in an SB? Lolol

haha, that was his 3rd loss in 4 years to be fair, ahd he came up against an all time great team.
Mahomes
Allen
Burrow
Herbert
Jackson
Stafford
Stroud
Love

I'd take these players over Brock.

Probably a couple more I'd at least consider as higher ceiling gambles

Only the bolded players I would take zero questions over Brock. The other guys meh.
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Mahomes
Allen
Burrow
Herbert
Jackson
Stafford
Stroud
Love

Only the bolded players I would take zero questions over Brock. The other guys meh.

We need to see one more year of play IMO. If he continues to excel in Shanny's O then no doubt he's a top five QB and we will have to pay him like one (well doh).
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by babarvaart:

haha, that was his 3rd loss in 4 years to be fair, ahd he came up against an all time great team.

The DC of that 49er team was going to win two Super Bowls in the future.
Originally posted by 49erKing:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Mahomes
Allen
Burrow
Herbert
Jackson
Stafford
Stroud
Love

We need to see one more year of play IMO. If he continues to excel in Shanny's O then no doubt he's a top five QB and we will have to pay him like one (well doh).

I agree that one more year is probably needed. He also needs a couple of signature wins where he brings the team back in the 4th quarter from a deficit of 10 points or more. A SB win wouldn't hurt.

He's shown he can be a good QB when things are going his way and he makes good decisions most of the time. The thing is those aren't qualities that stand out and make the casual fan or fans around the country take notice. Until he gets those signature wins he'll continue to be viewed as a good system QB but not great. They'll say that with all the talent he has around him he should be winning. Montana had a lot of talent around him but he had some fantastic comebacks in his career. Steve Young had his share too. Brock needs his.
Share 49ersWebzone