Save 30% at the official 49ers online store with code CATCH30 →

There are 230 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by illinois9er:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Give Brock 4 seconds in the pocket, and can take 2nd tier Wide Receivers to the next level. Kingston and Puni have impressed me. Moore and Mckivitz have been decent. When Trent and Banks come back, I think this OLine squad can be Kyle's best if the young guys continue to get better.

I tend to agree, Feliciano having surgery is the big bummer to me. I would have liked to seen him at Center early on.

Same, but it could be a blessing in disguise. If one of the younger guys, like Kingston or Drake Nugent makes the team and Feliciano is healthy by mid to late season, he can be added depth on top of young talent. I like Kingston to be eventually tried at Center, but Kyle demands a lot of experience at that spot.
Give Brock 4 seconds in the pocket, and can take 2nd tier Wide Receivers to the next level. Kingston and Puni have impressed me. Moore and Mckivitz have been decent. When Trent and Banks come back, I think this OLine squad can be Kyle's best if the young guys continue to get better.

McKivitz got killed on that Purdy INT play. Irs going to be another rough year of him getting worked by any halfway decent pass rusher.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

McKivitz got killed on that Purdy INT play. Irs going to be another rough year of him getting worked by any halfway decent pass rusher.

McKivitz is a guy that as a swing tackle brings valuable depth. He's experienced at playing both left and right. As a starter he is a guy we will all be complaining about at various instances throughout the season.
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:

McKivitz is a guy that as a swing tackle brings valuable depth. He's experienced at playing both left and right. As a starter he is a guy we will all be complaining about at various instances throughout the season.

It's obvious that this O line withoutWilliams is nt great at pass protection. Run blocking looked fine but the Raiders were using 2nd and 3rd string linemen and getting pressure. Come on Trent. Get back in there.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Yeah that was not a great rep by McKivitz, but Puni and Mckivitz had problems all game with the Raider stunts. Hopefully more reps will eliminate those mental mistakes.

Yeah that was not a great rep by McKivitz, but Puni and Mckivitz had problems all game with the Raider stunts. Hopefully more reps will eliminate those mental mistakes.
Better to find the things to fix now than after week 1
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Better to find the things to fix now than after week 1

I still think Mckivitz can improve. I think Puni will be a huge upgrade at RG. The two *together* I think will make the right side much stronger than last year. We also have some depth with Kingston and Feliciano (on IR, will come back by mid season).

My Question is who plays center if Brendel can't go or isn't 💯%.
Jesus - Brock was pressured on 9/14 of his throws last night. f**kin pathetic. Seriously just throw cash at Trent to get him back. Our other tackles are s**t stains

[ Edited by tankle104 on Aug 24, 2024 at 1:04 PM ]
Originally posted by tankle104:
Jesus - Brock was pressured on 9/14 of his throws last night. f**kin pathetic. Seriously just throw cash at Trent to get him back. Our other tackles are s**t stains

Its a good thing we have a QB with Escapability. If we had a statue QB back there we would be toast.
The fascination with Jaylon Moore is mind boggling

• bud49
  • Veteran

And this was against the raiders 2nd string
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
The fascination with Jaylon Moore is mind boggling

I've been hating on this guy for years. lol he's seriously awful. There is absolutely nothing to like about his game that isn't replaceable by nearly any OT on the market.

i think the only reason we've kept him is his salary. Lol if the guy is still awful by year 3+, f**k him.

Most of his passes he had plenty of time to get to his 3rd read. No one was open. Not saying OL was incredible but it's not like he had insta pressure on a bunch of drop backs
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
It's obvious that this O line withoutWilliams is nt great at pass protection.

QBs and Left Tackles. It really is "a thing."
[ Edited by random49er on Aug 24, 2024 at 4:44 PM ]
Originally posted by frenchmov:

Most of his passes he had plenty of time to get to his 3rd read. No one was open. Not saying OL was incredible but it's not like he had insta pressure on a bunch of drop backs

some seem like they are only here for extreme takes, unfortunately.

Let's hope come game 1 there's an infusion of reality in these threads.
Share 49ersWebzone