There are 219 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Fair ? At least 5 guys shouldn't be above Purdy. But it's cool they don't really watch

Coaches and executives don't watch? Lmao.

You think they are actually voting on this? Haha 95% are handing it off to there interns. If you asking John Lynch who he voted for he would probably look at you like he has no idea what you are talking about.
Like all coaches and executives are just waiting to do these rankings lol
Fair ? At least 5 guys shouldn't be above Purdy. But it's cool they don't really watch

Coaches and executives don't watch? Lmao.

You think they are actually voting on this? Haha 95% are handing it off to there interns. If you asking John Lynch who he voted for he would probably look at you like he has no idea what you are talking about.

I have a big game against the Ravens this week but let me take time to rank 32 QBs....

It's a survey of 50 different people that fall into those groups. Sando is obviously going to take opinions from those willing to participate, but not every one of them around the league.

You guys can feel free to get in your feelings and dismiss it though simply because you disagree.
I have a big game against the Ravens this week but let me take time to rank 32 QBs....

It's done during the offseason, lol.

It's done during the offseason, lol.

Let's pretend for a minute that they are handing off the survey to 'interns', and dismiss some of the quotes provided by survey participants.

Wouldn't they be credible sources, especially in comparison to average fans? I'm sure they're watching games right? Lol.

Let's pretend for a minute that they are handing off the survey to 'interns', and dismiss some of the quotes provided by survey participants.

Wouldn't they be credible sources, especially in comparison to average fans? I'm sure they're watching games right? Lol.
lol that's like asking people who stayed at a holiday inn

Hypothetically what if 90% of those quotes come from Trent Baalke. Are you like well he is a GM he knows what he is talking about. What if the interns are PR interns and there jobs really have nothing to do with sports operations. Are you trusting they know what they are talking about?
Hypothetically what if 90% of those quotes come from Trent Baalke. Are you like well he is a GM he knows what he is talking about. What if the interns are PR interns and there jobs really have nothing to do with sports operations. Are you trusting they know what they are talking about?

You're reaching here, and have absolutely no evidence to support your idea of who is actually responding to the poll. When an unnamed defensive coordinator is offering quotes to the writer, I think it's safe to assume it's a defensive coordinator responding the writer.

This isn't hard to figure out. Adverse opinions are dismissed as haters, people who don't watch, people who don't know what they're talking about. And these criticisms are coming from fans who tend to fit the criticisms much more than any professional in the field, intern or otherwise.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by DrEll:
The only reason Kyle still has a job is bc he lucked out with Purdy. If Brock wasn't on this team I suspect he would have been fired or close to being fired.

Pretty sure even without Purdy, Shanahan still would've had a job. You don't fire a HC like Kyle then try to go out and find the next best thing, because Kyle is the next best thing. And if the 9ers did fire Kyle, you'd be saying how stupid the 9ers were for doing it.

Originally posted by Cg9erSF:
The only reason Kyle still has a job is bc he lucked out with Purdy. If Brock wasn't on this team I suspect he would have been fired or close to being fired.

Pretty sure even without Purdy, Shanahan still would've had a job. You don't fire a HC like Kyle then try to go out and find the next best thing, because Kyle is the next best thing. And if the 9ers did fire Kyle, you'd be saying how stupid the 9ers were for doing it.

You have to be really dumb to think Kyle would have been fired.

You're reaching here, and have absolutely no evidence to support your idea of who is actually responding to the poll. When an unnamed defensive coordinator is offering quotes to the writer, I think it's safe to assume it's a defensive coordinator responding the writer.

This isn't hard to figure out. Adverse opinions are dismissed as haters, people who don't watch, people who don't know what they're talking about. And these criticisms are coming from fans who tend to fit the criticisms much more than any professional in the field, intern or otherwise.

You know the 1st person i always think about when i want QB analysis... Defensive coordinators....
mOriginally posted by GoreGoreGore:

So most 49ers fans think Trey Lance is a bust... So if Brock isn't around to be the QB and Lance isn't good enough... Who is the QB? Resign Jimmy, which again most 49ers fans think isn't very good. Sam Darnold? What QB is getting you to the Superbowl? How long of a leash does Kyle have if he isn't winning? Jed just lets him figuring out the QB spot for the next 5 seasons?

So most 49ers fans think Trey Lance is a bust... So if Brock isn't around to be the QB and Lance isn't good enough... Who is the QB? Resign Jimmy, which again most 49ers fans think isn't very good. Sam Darnold? What QB is getting you to the Superbowl? How long of a leash does Kyle have if he isn't winning? Jed just lets him figuring out the QB spot for the next 5 seasons?
So many questions, just look at where we are. In Kyle we trust

So many questions, just look at where we are. In Kyle we trust

49ers are in good shape now with Brock. But the question was if Brock wasn't on the team. Not sure they had a plan B if Lance didn't work out. Got lucky the 7th rounder turned into a top 10 QB.
Share 49ersWebzone