There are 197 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Jcool:
You know the 1st person i always think about when i want QB analysis... Defensive coordinators....

This is a really bizarre comment. Not only does it miss the point of why I referenced the DC, but to insinuate that an NFL DC wouldn't have a credible opinion on QB play is pretty dumb.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
You know the 1st person i always think about when i want QB analysis... Defensive coordinators....

This is a really bizarre comment. Not only does it miss the point of why I referenced the DC, but to insinuate that an NFL DC wouldn't have a credible opinion on QB play is pretty dumb.

I wasn't insinuating anything, I could care less what a DC has to say about a QB. Not sure why you care so much but to each there own i guess.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
thats all hindsight .. like i said I've and many other have gone through this in real time. After Lance sat for most of the year and showed he could be the guy in the Houston game. no one was saying it was terrible or gambled our future. Why, because it wasn't true at the time. We all couldn't wait for 2022 as once again we all realized the QB was still the weak link.

2 valuable assets is worth hitting on a QB. We were missing a big time QB and nothing else as you can see. The two late late round traded picks still didn't affect us today.

I mean if we can get far with Jimmy, we have a good shot with anyone just as good and why does it have to be lucky to get Brock? We drafted him, we kept him on the roster. Some of you guys are comparing Mordy to a better version of Brock. It's what we do with late round picks who have chips on their shoulders

in no way does a simulation have the QB getting injured 999 times out of 1k

This is just not true, lol. I know because I remember exactly how I felt about the move in 'real time', which was not good at all, and I argued about it here. Houston game was not encouraging… it was the opposite.

I spent two offseasons correctly identifying where this experiment was going. I'm not patting myself on the back either as it was pretty obvious except to a contingent of hopeful 49ers fans.
It is true and to be that critical of a rookie playing in a big game for us was and is promising. He isn't supposed to be a Vet out there. You also have Brock at a bottom 10 QB so i can't trust your takes

Lance only showed promise in the Houston game if you were watching through rose colored lenses. He was just good that I thought to myself "man he mayyyyy actually be decent? Hopefully??"
Originally posted by 5thSFG:
thats all hindsight .. like i said I've and many other have gone through this in real time. After Lance sat for most of the year and showed he could be the guy in the Houston game. no one was saying it was terrible or gambled our future. Why, because it wasn't true at the time. We all couldn't wait for 2022 as once again we all realized the QB was still the weak link.

2 valuable assets is worth hitting on a QB. We were missing a big time QB and nothing else as you can see. The two late late round traded picks still didn't affect us today.

I mean if we can get far with Jimmy, we have a good shot with anyone just as good and why does it have to be lucky to get Brock? We drafted him, we kept him on the roster. Some of you guys are comparing Mordy to a better version of Brock. It's what we do with late round picks who have chips on their shoulders

This is just not true, lol. I know because I remember exactly how I felt about the move in 'real time', which was not good at all, and I argued about it here. Houston game was not encouraging… it was the opposite.

I spent two offseasons correctly identifying where this experiment was going. I'm not patting myself on the back either as it was pretty obvious except to a contingent of hopeful 49ers fans.
It is true and to be that critical of a rookie playing in a big game for us was and is promising. He isn't supposed to be a Vet out there. You also have Brock at a bottom 10 QB so i can't trust your takes

Lance only showed promise in the Houston game if you were watching through rose colored lenses. He was just good that I thought to myself "man he mayyyyy actually be decent? Hopefully??"

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Lance throw a deep TD to Deebo who beat man coverage? Two unicorns that gave us hope
Originally posted by Silky:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Lance throw a deep TD to Deebo who beat man coverage? Two unicorns that gave us hope

Without looking back I think he pulled the old roll right and throw back left, jimmy G style, just under the deep safety. And I believe the throw wasn't the best, but could be misremembering.
I wasn't insinuating anything, I could care less what a DC has to say about a QB. Not sure why you care so much but to each there own i guess.

Yea, that's exactly what I mentioned in my last post. Again, pretty damn dumb.
Without looking back I think he pulled the old roll right and throw back left, jimmy G style, just under the deep safety. And I believe the throw wasn't the best, but could be misremembering.

Nice pass, but just about as easy as it gets out of playaction. Has basically the entire left side of the field to work with, short of the area over the top defender. Deebo is effectively wide open.

Nice pass, but just about as easy as it gets out of playaction. Has basically the entire left side of the field to work with, short of the area over the top defender. Deebo is effectively wide open.
being easy is not his fault lol.. just imagine your tune if he missed

He played well for a rookie in a must win game for us. Most of the board thought he should have taken over when Jimmy hurt his shoulder in the playoffs

He played well for a rookie in a must win game for us. Most of the board thought he should have taken over when Jimmy hurt his shoulder in the playoffs

I'm not faulting him for connecting on an easy TD. I just don't think it's impressive. It's a gimmie.

As for the bolded, so what? The coach didn't think so, and proceeded to play a mediocre starter through one, and eventually two, injuries to his throwing arm instead.

He didn't play well against Houston. He had some positive plays late in the game. At best, you could say he flashed in moments. The offense was dysfunctional for the better part of three quarters of the game. Pretty much the same story every time he played.

I'm not faulting him for connecting on an easy TD. I just don't think it's impressive. It's a gimmie.

As for the bolded, so what? The coach didn't think so, and proceeded to play a mediocre starter through one, and eventually two, injuries to his throwing arm instead.

He didn't play well against Houston. He had some positive plays late in the game. At best, you could say he flashed in moments. The offense was dysfunctional for the better part of three quarters of the game. Pretty much the same story every time he played.
you are faulting by saying it's easy and gimmie takes..

What do you mean so what, it's the fan perspective and how they felt is the point. He wasn't as bad as you are saying.

again, he's a rookie playing in a regular season playoff game and he came through

What do you mean so what, it's the fan perspective and how they felt is the point. He wasn't as bad as you are saying.

again, he's a rookie playing in a regular season playoff game and he came through

Groups of fans on this board feeling like he played well in that game doesn't mean he did. Many of these same fans thought he was as talented as Josh Allen and the next Mahomes level player. Means nothing. Just fans being fans.
I know it's just TC and it's all about practicing stuff you might not be comfortable with, but I feel like the reports I read (minus Lombardi) are a little underwhelming for a guy you're gonna pay a quarter billion dollars.

I feel like he's missing his top target. Hopefully it's just practice/preseason work and it's gonna continue to elevate his game
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I know it's just TC and it's all about practicing stuff you might not be comfortable with, but I feel like the reports I read (minus Lombardi) are a little underwhelming for a guy you're gonna pay a quarter billion dollars.

I feel like he's missing his top target. Hopefully it's just practice/preseason work and it's gonna continue to elevate his game

Brock has gotten to the point where I don't care what he looks like in practice or preseason games. Its all about the Regular Season and Post Season for me to evaluate him. He has earned it.
Purdy gonna go for 400 yards 3 TDs on Monday Night (2 TDs to Kittle)

Groups of fans on this board feeling like he played well in that game doesn't mean he did. Many of these same fans thought he was as talented as Josh Allen and the next Mahomes level player. Means nothing. Just fans being fans.
He did play well.. the zone will not play nice if he didn't look promising.. that is one thing you can count on
Share 49ersWebzone