Game manager.
Originally posted by RonnieLott:
Game manager.

one of his gifts...for sure.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
being easy is not his fault lol.. just imagine your tune if he missed

He played well for a rookie in a must win game for us. Most of the board thought he should have taken over when Jimmy hurt his shoulder in the playoffs

I'm not faulting him for connecting on an easy TD. I just don't think it's impressive. It's a gimmie.

As for the bolded, so what? The coach didn't think so, and proceeded to play a mediocre starter through one, and eventually two, injuries to his throwing arm instead.

He didn't play well against Houston. He had some positive plays late in the game. At best, you could say he flashed in moments. The offense was dysfunctional for the better part of three quarters of the game. Pretty much the same story every time he played.
you are faulting by saying it's easy and gimmie takes..

What do you mean so what, it's the fan perspective and how they felt is the point. He wasn't as bad as you are saying.

again, he's a rookie playing in a regular season playoff game and he came through

You can scroll up to see the intent behind the comment lol. No need to make something out of nothing
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
Brock has gotten to the point where I don't care what he looks like in practice or preseason games. Its all about the Regular Season and Post Season for me to evaluate him. He has earned it.

That's fair. Always prefer good TC/preseason content vs not amazing though.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I know it's just TC and it's all about practicing stuff you might not be comfortable with, but I feel like the reports I read (minus Lombardi) are a little underwhelming for a guy you're gonna pay a quarter billion dollars.

I feel like he's missing his top target. Hopefully it's just practice/preseason work and it's gonna continue to elevate his game

Brock has gotten to the point where I don't care what he looks like in practice or preseason games. Its all about the Regular Season and Post Season for me to evaluate him. He has earned it.

Exactly this.

It's not like he's out there throwing 5 int in a preseason game.

That's fair. Always prefer good TC/preseason content vs not amazing though.

yeah, I presonally prefer to hear that the qb is doing good things and pushing the envelope simultaneously. If brock throws picks in practice/camp - it doesn't concern me cause I've seen him play during the regular season and do a good job.

If he was a young player that hadn't played - It would concern me.

and honestly, I'd find it concerning if he wasn't throwing any picks at all in camp. would make me think he's just taking all the easy stuff and not trying to push the envelope.
Originally posted by tankle104:
yeah, I presonally prefer to hear that the qb is doing good things and pushing the envelope simultaneously. If brock throws picks in practice/camp - it doesn't concern me cause I've seen him play during the regular season and do a good job.

and honestly, I'd find it concerning if he wasn't throwing any picks at all in camp. would make me think he's just taking all the easy stuff and not trying to push the envelope.

No doubt. I guess I just want my young QB to ball out when he's out there regardless of TC/preseason or the regular season. While Brock has shown he's the man here. He's only really been the starter for a little over a yr. I'm not worried. Just always prefer good reports.

so ready for real football
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Cg9erSF:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by DrEll:
The only reason Kyle still has a job is bc he lucked out with Purdy. If Brock wasn't on this team I suspect he would have been fired or close to being fired.

Pretty sure even without Purdy, Shanahan still would've had a job. You don't fire a HC like Kyle then try to go out and find the next best thing, because Kyle is the next best thing. And if the 9ers did fire Kyle, you'd be saying how stupid the 9ers were for doing it.

No doubt. I guess I just want my young QB to ball out when he's out there regardless of TC/preseason or the regular season. While Brock has shown he's the man here. He's only really been the starter for a little over a yr. I'm not worried. Just always prefer good reports.

so ready for real football

Same, my man. It feels like Brock has been starting for so much longer than he actually has. lol kinda weird but awesome.

I'm eager to watch our boys do work. I really think Brock is going to be excellent. JTO dropped a vid today talking about Brock's preseason performance and Brock seems to be really fine tuned with the little things right now, very exciting.

if we can get Trent and banks back - I'll be more excited. Lol

it's going to be an awesome year and we will get to see some special stuff!
[ Edited by tankle104 on Aug 26, 2024 at 6:57 PM ]

Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by Cg9erSF:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by DrEll:
The only reason Kyle still has a job is bc he lucked out with Purdy. If Brock wasn't on this team I suspect he would have been fired or close to being fired.

Pretty sure even without Purdy, Shanahan still would've had a job. You don't fire a HC like Kyle then try to go out and find the next best thing, because Kyle is the next best thing. And if the 9ers did fire Kyle, you'd be saying how stupid the 9ers were for doing it.

Kyle and John aren't perfect but they're def some of the best to do it right now.

if you're expecting every move/decision they make to be great - then you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

whenever you feel like we should fire Kyle - go on YouTube and watch the 2016 49ers.
My only concern is it is very very hard to sustain the amount of winning the 9ers have had. It's typically not sustainable. If the team takes a small step back I won't consider a Brock issue but more the NFC West has had time to quietly improve.

This is going to be a really interesting season. I have a strange feeling for some reason it's going to be slightly off this season.
[ Edited by 9erson3 on Aug 26, 2024 at 7:21 PM ]

Keep the reciepts, brocky balboa!
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Kyle and John aren't perfect but they're def some of the best to do it right now.

if you're expecting every move/decision they make to be great - then you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

whenever you feel like we should fire Kyle - go on YouTube and watch the 2016 49ers.

ShanaLynch have definitely hit on more than they have missed. Otherwise they wouldn't have gone to 4 of the last 5 NFC Championships. I think if they didn't get Purdy, they'd have gotten Stroud or similar guys to Dobbs and Mordecai. In other words, Kyle knows good QB play enough to have kept his job if he missed on Brock.

Key point though is he *got* a guy like Brock, so he now has a HC job as long as Brock can play. Reid had McNabb, but he never had the cajones to toss him for a version of an eagles Mahomes, the way he tossed Alex when he went after Patrick at KC. Kyle jumped from Jimmy to Trey, then to Brock with the 49ers. That takes some courage to do that, which a lot of fans don't appreciate.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erson3:
My only concern is it is very very hard to sustain the amount of winning the 9ers have had. It's typically not sustainable. If the team takes a small step back I won't consider a Brock issue but more the NFC West has had time to quietly improve.

This is going to be a really interesting season. I have a strange feeling for some reason it's going to be slightly off this season.

When there are teams in the NFL like the Redskins or the Panthers that just gifts tier one players to the 49ers, impossible is just an opinion.
Share 49ersWebzone