LISTEN: Do The 49ers Need To Make A Trade? →

There are 229 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • All22
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by tankle104:
Yeah, the way I view it is that I understand that each decision isn't always going to work out - I just need to feel like they were well thought out and intentioned.

like the taking a RB in the third every year confuses me. Lol but most of their decisions make sense and you can see what they're doing.

I think we are very lucky to have the administration we do and Jed as generous as he is with his money. Fun time to be a niner fan and can't wait for us to get over the hump.

Yeah, Kyle would have kept drafting/trading/UDFA QBs until he got his Brock/Mahomes type of QB. Just like he's constantly drafting RBs in the 3rd rounds becuase the run game is a big part of his offense. Now that he's got CMC, he's looking for CMC 2.0 (Guerendo). Just like he got Brock, he's looking for Brock 2.0 (Dobbs and Mordecai).

He wants job security just like Bellichick had, but Bellichick wasn't able to get his Tom Brady 2.0. So Bellichick is out of a HC job now.

Kraft made Belichick trade Brady 2.0 (to us), remember?
Originally posted by Silky:

the mofkn dream. Make it happen, captain!

I'd rather not have a SB rematch

Idc who we beat, as long as we win. Lol we could play a little league team for all I care. Just win the damn game. Lmao
At this point we have to realize that we have a locker room full of players that haven't won a chip before wanted to stay here on a loaded roster yet be paid as if they've won something. Then we have Brock who is staying focused on trying to win for his team and making every sacrifice to do so while "veterans" around him are creating distractions. C Ward has won and he's reported looking to get the job done instead of holding out when he too was a pro bowler last year

We ultimately root for this team to win and the players trying to get they done but at some point they have to really want this or else they will be bested by those they do. The hungriest eat and the rest starve. If we are gonna be the one team happy at years end we have to have all players bought in like Brock

The player I'm most rooting for based on his actions and his commitment to team is Brock Purdy because as only a third year player he's leading by example as to how you have to approach the season following a Super Bowl loss. Brock is totally committed while we have others making fifteen to twenty times what he's making already trying to act as free agent mercenaries.

Dudes gotta get paid but to insist too if market here isn't exactly reasonable
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Aug 27, 2024 at 1:17 PM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rsrkshn:
Originally posted by Cg9erSF:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by DrEll:
The only reason Kyle still has a job is bc he lucked out with Purdy. If Brock wasn't on this team I suspect he would have been fired or close to being fired.

Pretty sure even without Purdy, Shanahan still would've had a job. You don't fire a HC like Kyle then try to go out and find the next best thing, because Kyle is the next best thing. And if the 9ers did fire Kyle, you'd be saying how stupid the 9ers were for doing it.

Not saying fire KS (although I've never been a huge fan of his; he's getting better), but Bellicheck (sp?).
Admittedly, he needs a QB. Purdy is the absolute prototype for him. And there's never any nonsense with his teams. Aiyuk. Williams.
Did people hear what Brady said about him?
"By far" the best coach in the NFL. I've not liked Bellicheck, but that made me sit up and take notice.

Belkicheck is a good coach, but he couldn't find Tom 2.0 the way Walsh (Via Seifet) was able to find Steve Young. Point being the QB is such an important positon in the NFL, if you get that wrong - you won't have a HC job for long.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by All22:
Yeah, the way I view it is that I understand that each decision isn't always going to work out - I just need to feel like they were well thought out and intentioned.

like the taking a RB in the third every year confuses me. Lol but most of their decisions make sense and you can see what they're doing.

I think we are very lucky to have the administration we do and Jed as generous as he is with his money. Fun time to be a niner fan and can't wait for us to get over the hump.

Yeah, Kyle would have kept drafting/trading/UDFA QBs until he got his Brock/Mahomes type of QB. Just like he's constantly drafting RBs in the 3rd rounds becuase the run game is a big part of his offense. Now that he's got CMC, he's looking for CMC 2.0 (Guerendo). Just like he got Brock, he's looking for Brock 2.0 (Dobbs and Mordecai).

He wants job security just like Bellichick had, but Bellichick wasn't able to get his Tom Brady 2.0. So Bellichick is out of a HC job now.

Kraft made Belichick trade Brady 2.0 (to us), remember?

Well Jimmy was eventually exposed as being not Tom, so its pretty much the same thing.
Brock is gonna get interviewed before taking the field and he's gonna be like "we have rich guys sitting out for more money and here I am taking the field playing for pennies". And to think Brock had his elbow shredded putting it all on the line for these guys.

If dudes are gonna act like this why should Brock take a slight discount to help pay other players? One dude openly admitted he was selfish
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Brock is gonna get interviewed before taking the field and he's gonna be like "we have rich guys sitting out for more money and here I am taking the field playing for pennies". And to think Brock had his elbow shredded putting it all on the line for these guys.

If dudes are gonna act like this why should Brock take a slight discount to help pay other players? One dude openly admitted he was selfish

Great point about Brock. Players are human and I've wondered how they feel. Juice took a PAYCUT and openly admitted he's not happy about it, but understands this is the place he wants to be overall.

I assume they are more understanding of BA because it is his first deal and could be his only deal with how life works, but even his contract has become stupid based on everything I have read.

Now as far as TW. I cant help but think many players are simply disappointed with him so I feel like the locker room is now changed regardless. I wonder what conversations they have in private.

I'm personally in the camp that doesn't think Purdy will ultimately take a paycut, but I would like to point out it's not like we're asking for him to take $30M per year instead of $60M per year. We're talking like $50-55M per year instead. He'd still be miles ahead of Bosa for the highest paid player on the team ($34M per year) even with more than a Tom Brady level discount.
[ Edited by Fanaticofnfl on Aug 28, 2024 at 7:05 AM ]
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:

I'm personally in the camp that doesn't think Purdy will ultimately take a paycut, but I would like to point out it's not like we're asking for him to take $30M per year instead of $60M per year. We're talking like $50-55M per year instead. He'd still be miles ahead of Bosa for the highest paid player on the team ($34M per year).

My guess is he will take a market deal and not direct his agent to try to reset the market. I can see him restructuring when the team asks in order to help the team etc.

Aside Purdy what other QB are up for a deal next offseason?
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

I'm personally in the camp that doesn't think Purdy will ultimately take a paycut, but I would like to point out it's not like we're asking for him to take $30M per year instead of $60M per year. We're talking like $50-55M per year instead. He'd still be miles ahead of Bosa for the highest paid player on the team ($34M per year).

My guess is he will take a market deal and not direct his agent to try to reset the market. I can see him restructuring when the team asks in order to help the team etc.

Prescott is the big one, and MAYBE Aaron Rodgers if he wants to play beyond 2025. That's it though.

Purdy was the only QB in the 2022 draft that was even remotely a hit (sorry Pickett and Howell but you both got traded already lol). So we won't be racing any fellow rookie extensions, just Dak.
[ Edited by Fanaticofnfl on Aug 28, 2024 at 7:14 AM ]

Prescott is the big one, and MAYBE Aaron Rodgers if he wants to play beyond 2025. That's it though.

Good to know. I don't think Jerry Jones is crazy about Dak so that will be an interesting situation. I do think Purdy is better than Dak as well. I was originally thinking 50-55 but Purdy may get 60. Maybe offering him a long term deal like the chiefs did will benefit both parties? Its gonna be nuts. I will say they cant have him holding out till this late in the process lol

Stepping back it is insane how the salaries have evolved. I think the league was better when there was no cap.

Good to know. I don't think Jerry Jones is crazy about Dak so that will be an interesting situation. I do think Purdy is better than Dak as well. I was originally thinking 50-55 but Purdy may get 60. Maybe offering him a long term deal like the chiefs did will benefit both parties? Its gonna be nuts. I will say they cant have him holding out till this late in the process lol

Stepping back it is insane how the salaries have evolved. I think the league was better when there was no cap.

Try telling the NFL that Purdy is better than Dak lol, because they keep ranking Dak above Purdy. Even last season Dak received more MVP and All-Pro votes. It's bonkers at this point.

Regardless, I'm with you on this process better be quick next offseason. If Purdy is another September extension I might be done with Paraag. Dude is overrated at this point. There's a reason we're the only team who consistently does these 11th hour extensions. You can only say "it takes two to tango" for so long but when it's only consistently happening to you…
Prescott is so overrated..but Lance is going nowhere. They kinda seem a little f-d over in Dallas and I am more than ok with that .

Yeah Purdy has never complained about money and never will. Just not that type of dude. If only more ppl were like how BP seems to be..world would be a better place lol. Good character dude.

But also a badass..I can't wait for the Quadfather Assassinator to kick ass on MNF
Originally posted by Montana:
Prescott is so overrated..but Lance is going nowhere. They kinda seem a little f-d over in Dallas and I am more than ok with that .

Yeah Purdy has never complained about money and never will. Just not that type of dude. If only more ppl were like how BP seems to be..world would be a better place lol. Good character dude.

But also a badass..I can't wait for the Quadfather Assassinator to kick ass on MNF
Money changes everyone. Purdy will hold out, but for how long
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Silky:

the mofkn dream. Make it happen, captain!

I'd rather not have a SB rematch

Idc who we beat, as long as we win. Lol we could play a little league team for all I care. Just win the damn game. Lmao

I hate those frickin prediction. What I wanna know is if he's factoring in the Trent Williams and Aiyuk dilemmas? And where's his track record?
Share 49ersWebzone