LISTEN: Do The 49ers Need To Make A Trade? →

There are 222 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
Well at least our QB is not holding out.

My dream scenario - Brock is going to take a less money than he could demand (not a massive amount less) and set the tone of what this organization is about and what it's about to be here, which is to win super bowls.

same way Brady did for NE! I know a lot disagree, and I understand, just my dream scenario.
Originally posted by tankle104:

My dream scenario - Brock is going to take a less money than he could demand (not a massive amount less) and . . . . .

Throw out some numbers (as an example) to put this in context, though, or it's not really saying anything.

What in today's market would "less money" be for him in terms yrs, salary, and GTD cash?
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by tankle104:

My dream scenario - Brock is going to take a less money than he could demand (not a massive amount less) and . . . . .

Throw out some numbers (as an example) to put this in context, though, or it's not really saying anything.

What in today's market would "less money" be for him in terms yrs, salary, and GTD cash?

5 for 260. 200 guaranteed
  • Cosmo
Probably already been posted, but ESPN has Purdy the 6th most overrated and 1st most underrated. WTF?
[ Edited by Cosmo on Aug 29, 2024 at 1:39 AM ]

Originally posted by Cosmo:
Probably already been posted, but ESPN has Purdy the 6th most overrated and 1st most underrated. WTF?

A reflection of the league split on Purdy. Some think he's unfairly underrated due to Shanahan/teammates. Some think he's overrated and is almost totally a benefactor of Shanahan/teammates.
Give him all the money 💰
Originally posted by captveg:

A reflection of the league split on Purdy. Some think he's unfairly underrated due to Shanahan/teammates. Some think he's overrated and is almost totally a benefactor of Shanahan/teammates.

I actually tend to think it's that talking heads that think he's overrated and the league itself that believes him to be underrated. A few of the defensive coordinators we faced last year said about the same
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Montana:
Give him all the money 💰

Yup, it's going to be the Jimmy contract negotiations x10 in terms of stress on the WebZone.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Yup, it's going to be the Jimmy contract negotiations x10 in terms of stress on the WebZone.

Lol but this time, we got a good one 🔥

Not some sorry ASS Ram!
[ Edited by Montana on Aug 29, 2024 at 11:55 AM ]

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Montana:
Originally posted by Giedi:

Lol but this time, we got a good one 🔥

Not some sorry ASS Ram!

Heh!

But I'm still fan of both Trey and Jimmy as long as they don't play us this Sunday.
All this means the opinions are very polarized. If they think Purdy is good then they think hes underrated. But for many they think he's overrated. Ie, the standard deviation of Purdy's play by the polled players is quite high.
Originally posted by 5thSFG:
I actually tend to think it's that talking heads that think he's overrated and the league itself that believes him to be underrated. A few of the defensive coordinators we faced last year said about the same

I thought if you dug into Spags' comments about Purdy they were a bit of a backhanded compliment.

Just one example though. Different DC's will have different opinions.
  • bud49
  • Veteran
Brock fixin to take this train down the tracks with or without all these b itchin and cry in players.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
OK, with Aiyuk back. 5,000 yard passing season here we come!
Share 49ersWebzone