LISTEN: Do The 49ers Need To Make A Trade? →

There are 238 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'm very exited for Brock this year! Cant wait to see what kind of growth and excitement he brings the team this year. Now he has all of his weapons back! Just need Trent and we are ready!

purdys year 3 is going to be a special year. Exciting time to be a 49ers fan!
"need" is such a strong word. Given the hypetrain about his growth and the weapons we have, he won't "need" Trent. Trent should be a luxury.
Originally posted by random49er:
"need" is such a strong word. Given the hypetrain about his growth and the weapons we have, he won't "need" Trent. Trent should be a luxury.

Its the worst OL in football when Moore is out there. Without Trent our best lineman is a 3rd round rookie. Even CMC struggled without Trent last year

We all know CMC doesn't NEED Trent to have success, but he does on this team
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
Its the worst OL in football when Moore is out there. Without Trent our best lineman is a 3rd round rookie. Even CMC struggled without Trent last year

I don't think you've watched the giants OL. We've seen the niners without Trent. Not great but there are teams with absolutely horrendous OL
Originally posted by frenchmov:

I don't think you've watched the giants OL. We've seen the niners without Trent. Not great but there are teams with absolutely horrendous OL

Many don't really watch other teams. It's bad, but will be aided by Brock's smarts, Kyle's playcalling, and what our playmakers can do. That along with our defense being back to form, we should be able to dictate to most teams. This will bite us in the playoffs but hopefully everything is resolved by then.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Agree 💯 %, you need an elite left tackle in the NFL to run a good offense. There's no real substitute for it. Having said that, Jaylon has subbed in adequately in the past and I'm actually curious to see how he does now vs a top of the line defense, to see how he's improved.

I just hope Brock is alive after the game.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Many don't really watch other teams. It's bad, but will be aided by Brock's smarts, Kyle's playcalling, and what our playmakers can do. That along with our defense being back to form, we should be able to dictate to most teams. This will bite us in the playoffs but hopefully everything is resolved by then.

Agree 💯 %, Kyle is just going to have to operate his offense out of the two tight end set if Trent isn't available. Jaylon and a Tight End on the Jets DE should give some time for Brock to do a one read and run offense.
Originally posted by Wolf_Packer_53:
I really thought this guy was going to be the truth a few years ago lol. Well he is a Niner now so hopefully he becomes a tremendous backup to Lance.

Originally posted by Nastastical:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Nastastical:
Drafting a statue would've been better when we're building this offense around Trey's skillset and the backup should be at least a little mobile? Strong didn't get drafted for a reason. Maybe his medicals say his knee won't last another couple years or something.

Strong's medicals reportedly were a nightmare. You don't go from potential 1st to 3rd rounder to undrafted without some serious medical or off the field issues. Both Strong and Justyn Ross might never play football again if the reports that have come about them are accurate.

Yet some wanted us to potentially throw away a pick on a guy that everyone else in the league was scared to touch.

Originally posted by JaggedJ:
So if our Mahomes busts we've got our Brady?

Or is there some truth to Kyle really wanting Mac last year so he felt he needed a dad bod QB this year to call his very own?

lol it's funny to go back and read the original messages when we drafted this guy. it's a good chuckle for all the jokes that ended up, miraculously, being right. lol
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

I think that this will prove out. And who knows, by playoff time, if the team makes it, the OL could have enough experience playing together to up to the task. No need to be doom and gloom about it at all. The team has the most important component. Quarterback . . . a bone fide one with all the tools.
Need more news on the quad god 🔥

Here is a list I can get behind, sorta...Brock #3 but behind Stroud and ahead of Lamar? Why is Stroud ahead of Lamar? 3 Brock, 2 Stroud, 1 Mahomes? I mean Stroud is a stud and all but not better than Purdy..I mean. Kinda overhyped.

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/sports/nfl/nfl-top-10-quarterbacks-2024-season/3640722/?os=os&ref=app

Who is missing? Dak Int Prescott
[ Edited by Montana on Sep 2, 2024 at 4:59 PM ]

LFG!!
Well with Trent back we can add about 10 years to Brock's life expectancy
Brock is probably the happiest guy in the locker room along with CMC. He can forget about wearing diapers during games now since he won't be pooping is pants every time he drops back to pass.
Purdy getting a little more endorsement $ from Applebee's.
Throwing wings and getting rings!!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone