QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by Montana:

Had a feeling he would team up with some kind of western wear company

I saw him in an Applebee's commercial lol
I'm so curious how much he's making in endorsements. I'm glad he's able to supplement his relatively low income - he's def earned it.

also, Montana and I just got matching Purdy Ariat boots. STYLIN!

it's cool how the brands he partners with seem to match his personality/character - everyday kinda person

Agreed. I like his non-pretentious personality: so easy to like!

He makes good choices too (I'm biased). I've been wearing Ariat Ramblers for years. Made the switch from sneakers/tennis shoes as an experiment (I was tired of them wearing out after a year), and never looked back. I still have that first pair that I use for yard work.

He keeps going on like he is on-and-off the field, he will be more and more of a household name everywhere.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by 5thSFG:
I wonder how many Brock purdys have slipped through the system and never gotten a chance.

Meh, dude showed out in training camp and preseason. Guys like that don't get discarded.

There's not many like him though. The guy has unreal accuracy and ability to anticipate. I mean, there's accuracy, and then there's Stephan Curry accuracy.

Brock, in my opinion, is in the Stephan Curry tier of accuracy.
Originally posted by Giedi:
I wonder how many Brock purdys have slipped through the system and never gotten a chance.

Meh, dude showed out in training camp and preseason. Guys like that don't get discarded.

There's not many like him though. The guy has unreal accuracy and ability to anticipate. I mean, there's accuracy, and then there's Stephan Curry accuracy.

I'm hoping we see that dominance for hi this season. Aka knowing 90% where he's going pre snap based on the defense otherwise can figure it out in that brief second etc.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Alaska Air, Toyota, Buffalo Wild Wings, Boots in the post above, John Deer tractors. Estimates vary. But he is said to have a multi million dollar net worth. More is made on endorsements by far. His 49ers salary is roughly $1 M for now. But will rise dramatically. Unless you see the contract, bank accounts, investment accounts or the agent showed you a deal you have no idea. It's all just guesses. He's a multi millionaire many times over at this point. Mostly from endorsements. So far at least. That helps since he's low paid for the NFL for a QB. But that will change soon.

Don't forget Pioneer Seeds too:) You can grow Big Broc 🥦 with those
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

I'm hoping we see that dominance for hi this season. Aka knowing 90% where he's going pre snap based on the defense otherwise can figure it out in that brief second etc.

Agree 💯% and I'll just add - it takes two to tango. In other words, this last draft, Kyle drafted Pearsall and Cowing. Two guys that can change directions very quickly. What we don't really know about Pearsall and Cowing is their ability to read defenses. Reading defenses as fast as Brock, more than athletic ability, in my view will be critical for Brock to be elevated to Joe and Steve levels of performance. Key with Rice and Dwight were their ability to read defenses as fast and change directions according to what Joe and Steve saw and read.

Agree 💯% and I'll just add - it takes two to tango. In other words, this last draft, Kyle drafted Pearsall and Cowing. Two guys that can change directions very quickly. What we don't really know about Pearsall and Cowing is their ability to read defenses. Reading defenses as fast as Brock, more than athletic ability, in my view will be critical for Brock to be elevated to Joe and Steve levels of performance. Key with Rice and Dwight were their ability to read defenses as fast and change directions according to what Joe and Steve saw and read.

Reports during camp said both seem to have to ability to get open. Of course that's treaining camp. We'll see once the season starts.

So true! I'm excited. You know how I feel about the o line, but if they can improve we can dominate!
"I'm a big fan of Brock Purdy's, and if he had been a first-round pick, we'd all be talking about what an amazing player he is," Aikman said. "But because he was the last player taken in the seventh round, he's had an uphill climb in terms of being appreciated for his abilities as opposed to just being a product of the offense."

Aikman explained that many analysts focus too much on players' physical attributes, which is likely why Purdy was repeatedly passed over by so many teams—including the 49ers themselves—until the final pick of the 2022 NFL Draft. Despite being "Mr. Irrelevant," Purdy has quickly emerged as one of the NFL's rising stars.

Aikman emphasized that Purdy has demonstrated sound decision-making and accuracy on the field.

"For the most part, he makes really good decisions," Aikman commented. "He's accurate with the football, and then he leaves it up to the playmakers to create separation to get themselves open, and then he delivers the football.

"I think he's playing the position at a really high level. I don't care where he was drafted. I don't care what people say about him. I think he's a terrific player."
"I'm a big fan of Brock Purdy's, and if he had been a first-round pick, we'd all be talking about what an amazing player he is," Aikman said. "But because he was the last player taken in the seventh round, he's had an uphill climb in terms of being appreciated for his abilities as opposed to just being a product of the offense."

Aikman explained that many analysts focus too much on players' physical attributes, which is likely why Purdy was repeatedly passed over by so many teams—including the 49ers themselves—until the final pick of the 2022 NFL Draft. Despite being "Mr. Irrelevant," Purdy has quickly emerged as one of the NFL's rising stars.

Aikman emphasized that Purdy has demonstrated sound decision-making and accuracy on the field.

"For the most part, he makes really good decisions," Aikman commented. "He's accurate with the football, and then he leaves it up to the playmakers to create separation to get themselves open, and then he delivers the football.

"I think he's playing the position at a really high level. I don't care where he was drafted. I don't care what people say about him. I think he's a terrific player."

Football people know how special Purdy is on the field. Thats why KS was quick to move on from his 1st round pick that they spent a fortune on.

Its just some media types and fans that argue that he is the product of the system and wouldn't be any good if he played somewhere else.

Good way to describe his skill, and I will add that what I like is his mindset to go for the longer throws rather than the check downs. He has that killer mentality that he will take more than the other teams are willing to give! Love watching him play!!

Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:

Football people know how special Purdy is on the field. Thats why KS was quick to move on from his 1st round pick that they spent a fortune on.

Its just some media types and fans that argue that he is the product of the system and wouldn't be any good if he played somewhere else.

It's frustrating to me that people just credit the system. And yet, he's executing it at its highest level since Shanahan got here. What's crazy is, people are assuming he isn't making plays outside the system (which isn't always a good thing. I mean, people will go gaga if, say, Josh Allen goes hero mode and runs 15 yards for the first down... but conceivably, he didn't need to do that if he just read the defense properly and threw the ball on time and with accuracy).

Casual fans assume he's not making plays outside the system, but actually... when he needs to, he DOES. I have no major complaints about Purdy's game. The only thing I can really ask for is that he just improves accuracy and quickens decision-making, which are ALREADY stellar... and maybe improve on the deep ball accuracy so that he can be more confident in pulling the trigger on those throws.
Originally posted by Cg9erSF:

Good way to describe his skill, and I will add that what I like is his mindset to go for the longer throws rather than the check downs. He has that killer mentality that he will take more than the other teams are willing to give! Love watching him play!!

He wasn't perfect in the Super Bowl but I thought he played a really good game overall. The moment didn't see too big for him and he came through in the toughest moments, put us in position to win.

to me that is a big deal when evaluating if a qb can special and truly in the elite category amongst the nfl best - how do they do in the toughest moments? The biggest? The brightest moments? Brock has done his part and put us in position to win - even after a sloppy game like he had in Cleveland, he drove us on a game winning drive for the kick (we just missed the kick but that isn't his fault).

to me, that's why guys like dak aren't one of the best In the league - they stack stats when it's easiest but crumble when the team needs them most.

im so excited to watch Brock continue to grow this year and lead this team! Let's go!!
So Allen is #2 and Josh #3?

Share 49ersWebzone