LISTEN: Do The 49ers Need To Make A Trade? →

There are 239 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Montana:
So Allen is #2 and Josh #3?

Josh is the better QB, but Allen is a better sideline help to Purdy.

Idk why but it took me a second to figure out what you meant. Lmao I was Josh and Allen are the same qb… lol I'm an idiot

i think Kyle wants Josh dobbs to get some more experience with the offense before he trusts him to be first into the game. I think Kyle just trusts Allen at the moment cause of his experience in the system.

that or it's a way to lessen Dobbs salary cap hit by not having him active on Gameday lol
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tankle104:

So in my book, Patrick is #1, and Brock is #2. Hopefully that reverses by Brock winning his first superbowl this year.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by 5thSFG:
I wonder how many Brock purdys have slipped through the system and never gotten a chance.

Meh, dude showed out in training camp and preseason. Guys like that don't get discarded.

There's not many like him though. The guy has unreal accuracy and ability to anticipate. I mean, there's accuracy, and then there's Stephan Curry accuracy.

Brock, in my opinion, is in the Stephan Curry tier of accuracy.

I'm hoping we see that dominance for hi this season. Aka knowing 90% where he's going pre snap based on the defense otherwise can figure it out in that brief second etc.

Agree 💯% and I'll just add - it takes two to tango. In other words, this last draft, Kyle drafted Pearsall and Cowing. Two guys that can change directions very quickly. What we don't really know about Pearsall and Cowing is their ability to read defenses. Reading defenses as fast as Brock, more than athletic ability, in my view will be critical for Brock to be elevated to Joe and Steve levels of performance. Key with Rice and Dwight were their ability to read defenses as fast and change directions according to what Joe and Steve saw and read.

So true! I'm excited. You know how I feel about the o line, but if they can improve we can dominate!

I think the right side will be better because of Puni. That helps Mckivitz be better. Burford had too many mental lapses for my taste last year. Zakelj at center, whenever Brendel falters, will also be another step up in ability at the center position. Hopefully by mid-season we can add Feliciano as quality depth behind the starters.

I think if you can give Brock 3 seconds in the pocket, he can destroy any defense if his receivers are all healthy.

Idk why but it took me a second to figure out what you meant. Lmao I was Josh and Allen are the same qb… lol I'm an idiot

i think Kyle wants Josh dobbs to get some more experience with the offense before he trusts him to be first into the game. I think Kyle just trusts Allen at the moment cause of his experience in the system.

that or it's a way to lessen Dobbs salary cap hit by not having him active on Gameday lol

Yea I can see that, same way Kyle trusted Solomon Thomas over Mahomes.
Originally posted by glorydayz:

Look im as upset as anyone over us not taking a QB in 2017, I'm on record here hoping we take one. I specifically wanted Watson at the time (might not of worked out but would have been a great 4-5 year run lol).

I think the fact that they didn't even look into the qbs, per Kyle and John, cause they thought they could get cousins and wanted to build the trenches.

obviously, it was a big mistake and I think Kyle and them recognize that. They've still done an excellent job building a team and no one is perfect but that situation confuses me. A lot of top qb prospects and we had a top pick with a essentially near zero talent on the roster and an awful qb situation.

Thank god we got Brock baby! Cant wait for year two of him starting!
Look im as upset as anyone over us not taking a QB in 2017, I'm on record here hoping we take one. I specifically wanted Watson at the time (might not of worked out but would have been a great 4-5 year run lol).

I think the fact that they didn't even look into the qbs, per Kyle and John, cause they thought they could get cousins and wanted to build the trenches.

obviously, it was a big mistake and I think Kyle and them recognize that. They've still done an excellent job building a team and no one is perfect but that situation confuses me. A lot of top qb prospects and we had a top pick with a essentially near zero talent on the roster and an awful qb situation.

I can see their thinking there - bringing a young rookie QB onto the 2017 Niners who were very low on offensive talent was likely to not work out. Many young QBs drafted by bad teams are thrown to the wolves to try to get a quick return on investment, and it's bad for their development. Mahomes instead got to sit a year on a playoff team - an ideal situation very different than the one in SF.

It's all well in the past now anyway.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by glorydayz:

Kyle the Drafter has grown since the Solomon pick. Andy has been doing the drafting for 15+ years prior to Kyle drafting his first draft class. I think Kyle's doing as good a job as Andy. I mean whether it's luck or pluck, Kyle did get Purdy. (It's more luck probably), but Kyle did great in developing Brock after he got on the team.

I'm hoping Andy starts sucking at drafting from here on out, and Kyle just keeps getting better.
Originally posted by captveg:

I can see their thinking there - bringing a young rookie QB onto the 2017 Niners who were very low on offensive talent was likely to not work out. Many young QBs drafted by bad teams are thrown to the wolves to try to get a quick return on investment, and it's bad for their development. Mahomes instead got to sit a year on a playoff team - an ideal situation very different than the one in SF.

It's all well in the past now anyway.

At the end of the day, things are exponentially better than when Kyle and John took over. They made us a consistent contender, like they said they'd do on day one.

things haven't been perfect but outside of potentially the best qb all time - we would be a multiple time champion. We will get ours.

Brocks only in his second season starting - we will win multiple chips with him.
So in my book, Patrick is #1, and Brock is #2. Hopefully that reverses by Brock winning his first superbowl this year.

In my book, Brock is #1, Homer has gotten lucky.

i also agree! Not because lamar is so crappy qb - I just think Brock is an ideal fit for Kyle and this offense. Let's get it!

i also agree! Not because lamar is so crappy qb - I just think Brock is an ideal fit for Kyle and this offense. Let's get it!

Brock can win in the Playoffs.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Only now people catching on to the RB that's tryna play QB.
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
Brock can win in the Playoffs.

This.

In my book, Brock is #1, Homer has gotten lucky.

😂
Share 49ersWebzone