LISTEN: Do The 49ers Need To Make A Trade? →

There are 242 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
Originally posted by tankle104:

i also agree! Not because lamar is so crappy qb - I just think Brock is an ideal fit for Kyle and this offense. Let's get it!

Brock can win in the Playoffs.

He's obviously better than Lamar at ball placement, anticipation, timing, reads, accuracy, mechanics, decision making. Lamar can run faster. That's it.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Sep 6, 2024 at 2:41 PM ]
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
😂

Hey, I am not the one who called themselves stupid:). Laugh all you want lol but the dude got lucky af
Originally posted by Montana:
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
😂

Hey, I am not the one who called themselves stupid:). Laugh all you want lol but the dude got lucky af

i also agree! Not because lamar is so crappy qb - I just think Brock is an ideal fit for Kyle and this offense. Let's get it!

i think this is pretty obvious tbh

lamar is a very good qb overall but his accuracy is ass
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

i think this is pretty obvious tbh

lamar is a very good qb overall but his accuracy is ass

That pass that he missed on that 3rd goal at the end of the game was awful. He also threw a Jimmy G hospital ball that got his receiver really injured (looked like a broken rib)

He's terrific as a playmaker, it's just hard to trust him with the game on the line when you know the other teams defense is gonna use their best play, and he has to be pocket QB that can make the throw.

With that said, I think under Kyle he could be better. Question is how much better...Poor guy did have Roman as his OC for all those years, and Harbaugh isn't an offense coach either.
[ Edited by GoreGoreGore on Sep 6, 2024 at 4:54 PM ]

This.

not saying I'm taking qb a over qb b, but they both lost to Maholmes when it mattered with stacked rosters.
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
not saying I'm taking qb a over qb b, but they both lost to Maholmes when it mattered with stacked rosters.

Ravens had a stacked defense. Offense far from it.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

Ravens had a stacked defense. Offense far from it.

still a great roster. We had it great on both sides.

No argument about us. We made too many mistakes and had a nice mix of bad luck (at least in the SB).
what happens if purdy carves up the NYJ D? will the talking heads say he's elite or will they say NYJ D is not as good as advertised?

Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

No argument about us. We made too many mistakes and had a nice mix of bad luck (at least in the SB).

very unfortunate for our mental health
  • 91til
  • Veteran
what happens if purdy carves up the NYJ D? will the talking heads say he's elite or will they say NYJ D is not as good as advertised?

we know exactly what it'll be hahah
Originally posted by 91til:

Same ole narrative. It's the scheme and talent, not Brock.

This.

No point in looking back, but you're being more than a little disingenuous.
You're actually saying that the team lost BECAUSE of Purdy?!!
That loss was entirely on the coach choking in biggest of moments (as usual). Taking the ball first in OT demonstrated his total loss of composure.
Mahomes had 4 downs to get the necessary yards (and BTW he needed it); Purdy had three. Mahomes knew he had to get a TD; Purdy didn't.
Had Purdy been in the same situation as Mahomes, does anyone doubt that the NINERS probably win that game? The Niners did after all drive the length of the field (with a 3-down limitation). KC wasn't stopping them.
Instead Maholmes is the GOAT and Purdy is a system QB. Shanahan is a genius (as usual)

Enough of that! PUL-EEZ!!
Originally posted by MucketyMuck:
Originally posted by 91til:

Same ole narrative. It's the scheme and talent, not Brock.

Dumbest narrative in the NFL. Bad scheme plus poor talent makes anyone look bad. Name a qb who tears it up under those conditions. Can't.. now the reverse is true. Good scheme and loaded talent makes average QBs look serviceable ….most… (just not Jimmy G), and it makes great qbs elite. Purdy is in that category. He will have an uphill battle against the talking s**theads but he will eventually shed the narrative. He just needs to get a ring first.
Share 49ersWebzone