LISTEN: Do The 49ers Need To Make A Trade? →

There are 217 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by amir_tn80:
He and his agent are salivating right now. The front office better be planning to beat what Dak got or this could get really ugly. Even uglier than Aiyuk and T-Williams hold outs.

They won't have a choice this time.
He and his agent are salivating right now. The front office better be planning to beat what Dak got or this could get really ugly. Even uglier than Aiyuk and T-Williams hold outs.

Truly believed Jed and the Niners will be happy to make Brock the highest paid qb, and all Niners fans. The media not so much lol
They way overpaid Dak lol. Dang.

Originally posted by Jcool:

Lol love the friendship BP and Kittle have. They seem to tease each other quite a bit. They hit it off from the beginning.
Originally posted by glorydayz:

I'm not sure about that. First Brock has to have another good season. No injuries and at least go deep into the playoffs. Assuming he does that the Niners will certainly need to pay up. The thing is I don't know how much Brock would bring on the market if he chose to walk. Judging from some of the rankings I've seen from around the league I'm not sure how much other teams would value him. He's a perfect fit in Kyle's offense but a lot of people around the league still view him as a mid level or high second tier QB. I don't agree with that but he may be better off if he stays in SF. They'll pay him well even if it's not the highest in the league.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Truly believed Jed and the Niners will be happy to make Brock the highest paid qb, and all Niners fans. The media not so much lol

Just in: Kittle,Deebo,Hufanga,Ward, Williams traded. Purdy asking 72m per for 8 years. Including incentives: .6 billion dollar contract😆😆😆😆😆😆. Dak at 60 per???🫣🫣😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆……..,Jerry Jerry Jerry
[ Edited by socal1632 on Sep 8, 2024 at 9:19 AM ]
Another fun off season next year
For the front office finances, Brock's floor is now 60m. He wins MVP, upwards of 65m. He wins the SB? 65m+
Originally posted by glorydayz:

Prescott held unique leverage thanks to original his contract, which included no-trade and no-franchise-tag clauses.

Brock needs a new contract end of this season to secure his financials for life. 49ers still has him for 2025, and realistically two franchise tags, so 3 more seasons. I think John will give him a reasonable deal, but Brock really has a significantly less leverage than Dak.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Brock Purdy's contract better make Dak's look like minimum wage.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Brock Purdy's contract better make Dak's look like minimum wage.

Let's just give them all a debit card and let them draw as much as they want.

There will be even more speculation now over what Purdy will get.

I do not believe it is within Purdy's value system to seek to become the highest-paid QB. Brock has always humbly paid high tribute to all the weapons he has around him. He realizes that breaking the bank over a contract will put restrictions on how many of those star players the FO can retain. He lives and enjoys a very modest lifestyle. Money is not what drives him, excellence drives him. His faith is also a huge part of who he is, and that faith teaches humility. Hence, I could see him agreeing to something in the $45-50M range with some backend incentives based on multiple factors.
The FO will offer him slightly more than the highest paid QB, will structure it team friendly, and Brock will quickly agree.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
He's so much better than most of these other consensus "top 10" QBs.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
I think you can get Purdy on a lower APY than Dak, but will have to give him more gtd years. Which, honestly, is better for the Niners anyways because they can easily restructure the more cap heavy years on the back end of the deal.

Six years, $55m/year.

Also, I believe this will be negotiated during the season (assume no major injury) and signed the day after the REGULAR season ends.
[ Edited by okdkid on Sep 8, 2024 at 1:53 PM ]
  • Cosmo
Originally posted by dj43:
There will be even more speculation now over what Purdy will get.

I do not believe it is within Purdy's value system to seek to become the highest-paid QB. Brock has always humbly paid high tribute to all the weapons he has around him. He realizes that breaking the bank over a contract will put restrictions on how many of those star players the FO can retain. He lives and enjoys a very modest lifestyle. Money is not what drives him, excellence drives him. His faith is also a huge part of who he is, and that faith teaches humility. Hence, I could see him agreeing to something in the $45-50M range with some backend incentives based on multiple factors.

I've seen a lot of speculation and wishful thinking on this board about that. I really hope he does, but not counting on it at all. He's already given the team the best discount they could have hoped for.
Share 49ersWebzone