QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by 9erson3:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Originally posted by RickyRoma:
Dak gets $60M per on a 4 year deal.

Brock licking his chops right now

Yes- Dak $60m a year $231m plus guaranteed. Just wow.

Brock?

If Brock has another season like last year, the amount he can push for is staggering.

his wife is sitting back drooling at the type of farm equipment they can soon buy. lol bout to run Iowa Farms!

I'm not sure performance really matters anymore. It seems like every player just signs for more than the previous high salary. Dak isn't the best QB in the league by a long shot.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

Brock?

If Brock has another season like last year, the amount he can push for is staggering.

his wife is sitting back drooling at the type of farm equipment they can soon buy. lol bout to run Iowa Farms!

I'm not sure performance really matters anymore. It seems like every player just signs for more than the previous high salary. Dak isn't the best QB in the league by a long shot.

Supply and demand drive the contract prices.

NFL caliber talent is rare and in limited supply.

JAX paid WR Christian Kirk a ridiculous amount because that's how they have to attract talent.

That becomes new market rate when it happens and other deals get adjusted.

QBs are rare...if Dallas doesn't pay market rate another team will gladly do it. Doesn't matter if Dak is only "good" and not "elite". He still resets the market.
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:

Brock?

JAX paid WR Christian Kirk a ridiculous amount because that's how they have to attract talent.

QBs are rare...if Dallas doesn't pay market rate another team will gladly do it. Doesn't matter if Dak is only "good" and not "elite". He still resets the market.

That's what I said. Ability isn't the driving force. Availability is all that matters.

Brock?

Specifically at QB. If you're an above average qb - you can reset the market or get top of the market rate. It's dumb but how the qb market works.

the going rate for a top 10 qb rn is $55M. A qb of Brocks caliber is $60M+.

hopefully he signs for a 5-6 year extension to his rookie contract. That will give us a lot more cap flexibility than what dak just did to Dallas. Dak only signed a 4 year deal and already had a $60M cap hit this year. So pretty much his entire cap hit over the next 4-5 years or so is going to be rough - but we will see how they did the guarantees and signing bonus etc. that makes a big difference in how the cap hits work.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
I want to see issac Guerendo and Jacob Cowing get passes from Brock. I want to see the chemistry (or what they have) right now with Brock. I hope by the end of the season Guerendo and Cowing are big contributors to the offense.
I am so damn ready

Originally posted by Giedi:
I want to see issac Guerendo and Jacob Cowing get passes from Brock. I want to see the chemistry (or what they have) right now with Brock. I hope by the end of the season Guerendo and Cowing are big contributors to the offense.

Outside of us blowing out the jets (or any team) or health issues, i'd be surprised to see Guerendo get any offensive snaps all year. He's most likely RB4, 3 at best. if CMC doesn't get the reps, Mason will get them. Cowing will get a couple catches here and there as our 4/5th WR but I wouldn't expect to see him in much either, outside of injuries or blowing a team out.

I imagine the only time you're going to see Guerendo is on special teams.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:

Outside of us blowing out the jets (or any team) or health issues, i'd be surprised to see Guerendo get any offensive snaps all year. He's most likely RB4, 3 at best. if CMC doesn't get the reps, Mason will get them. Cowing will get a couple catches here and there as our 4/5th WR but I wouldn't expect to see him in much either, outside of injuries or blowing a team out.

I imagine the only time you're going to see Guerendo is on special teams.

Agree 💯 % and I don't expect them to get much looks in the first half of the season. Where I disagree is in the 2nd half of the season. I hope as the season wears on, and dings and divots start to accumulate on the starters - Cowing and Guerendo will become a big part of this offense. I hope by the end of the season and into the playoffs the 49ers are peaking.
This is his first full off-season. Gonna shred defenses. Of all the qb that had been through the Niners the last 2 decades. Brock seems to be the only one capable of going to that level of play.

Played efficient but still not his best. Thats an excellent secondary and he made no mistakes.
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Definitely look rusty and out of rhythm at times, but he moved the ball when they needed to and no mistakes. Can't fault him too much playing against a strong defense, without McCaffrey and with Aiyuk on just 1 week of practice reps. Overall solid if not spectacular game
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:

Brock?

That's what I said. Ability isn't the driving force. Availability is all that matters.

I know that Dallas sucks and we all hate them, but Dak is a pretty good QB. Just not against us which I'm fine with. But yea he's good and good will get you lots of money in the NFL
Originally posted by _Goldblooded_:
Played efficient but still not his best. Thats an excellent secondary and he made no mistakes.

Room for improvement, but far less rusty than most QBs in W1. Had a few real great passes, such as the deep one to Juice.
Solid workman like performance. Really only bad one the one drive.
Share 49ersWebzone