LISTEN: 49ers Prepare For Ailing Rams →

There are 158 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Our defense is insane.
If someone who has access to the replay of the game... pull up the video of the one of 1st down conversions to Jennings... they were at mid field I believe.

And if possible, watch that part of when they showed the behind the QB view replay and create a gif of that sequence. LBer was in the passing lane to Jennings... and Purdy purposely shifted his body to the left, to move the Linebacker to open up Jennings. Doing all that while the pass rush is after you is such great poise by a young QB.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Sep 9, 2024 at 9:30 PM ]
Purdy will have to play better than that if we are eventually going to beat the Kansas City Chiefs.
Originally posted by RonnieLott:
Purdy will have to play better than that if we are eventually going to beat the Kansas City Chiefs.
just need Aiyuk to stop dropping passes
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He played pretty well. The Jets defense is really talented. Both on the line and the cover corners obviously. The Aiyuk play would have been a tough grab but maybe could have been caught. Would have been better stats with that. But good game overall for the 1st game against a really tough team.

Zero turnovers and like 8 scoring drives. Let's go!!! Would prefer touchdowns scoring points is always a good thing.

It will be very underrated how well Purdy played in this game. The first couple drives their secondary did a really nice job with those two batted down slant routes and our offense just couldn't quite get it going. Then Purdy was almost perfect the rest of the game outside of one bad drive. The one where he had two inaccurate passes and threw it into coverage on another. But as you say 8 scoring drives and IMO other then the one I already mentioned, those really didn't end in field goals because of Purdy. Overall I thought I was a really good game from Purdy, even if the statistics might not show it.
Originally posted by Bloodless:
It will be very underrated how well Purdy played in this game. The first couple drives their secondary did a really nice job with those two batted down slant routes and our offense just couldn't quite get it going. Then Purdy was almost perfect the rest of the game outside of one bad drive. The one where he had two inaccurate passes and threw it into coverage on another. But as you say 8 scoring drives and IMO other then the one I already mentioned, those really didn't end in field goals because of Purdy. Overall I thought I was a really good game from Purdy, even if the statistics might not show it.

Agreed. He played really well.
I thought Brock played well, outside of that 1 series. That will be the best defense he faces all season.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
just need Aiyuk to stop dropping passes

only thing he caught was the bag
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by Bloodless:

Agreed. He played really well.

Purdy was fine, but he was "really good" or anything of that nature. He made some clutch throws. He managed the game well. He led a ton of scoring drives. But we have ALL seen Purdy play at a ridiculously high level before, and tonight was not that. I have zero complaints about his play tonight though.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

Brock made a really good point.....

this team is weathered....the deep playoff runs, the holdouts, the shooting....this team has faced adversity ...but still came together to gel.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Purdy was fine, but he was "really good" or anything of that nature. He made some clutch throws. He managed the game well. He led a ton of scoring drives. But we have ALL seen Purdy play at a ridiculously high level before, and tonight was not that. I have zero complaints about his play tonight though.

I had similar thoughts but I'd say it was a good game overall.

Sans one throw that was almost picked while Mason was wide the eff open underneath for easy third down conversion. Game could have been very different if Tony Adams catches that ball. That throw aside, good game and about as much as Id expect going against that secondary with rusty Aiyuk and Deebo being more of a 2021-esque battering ram Deebo.

Game script did make it a bit easier because a lot of playaction. Also benefitted from Jets not having Reddick. Best throw was the dime to corner of endzone Aiyuk dropped. Also loved the anticipation completion to Aiyuk on third down towards the end of the game as well as on Deebo toss fake, the sidearm "all arm" throw to I want to say Deebo (or Jennings ?) for a first down.
Originally posted by Monsterniner:

Brandon bashing ain't gonna help Brock.

Brandon has started a little late due to the hold out but he will get better as the season progresses.

Brandon is still Brock's no 1 go to guy.
Originally posted by RonnieLott:
Originally posted by Monsterniner:

Brandon bashing ain't gonna help Brock.

Brandon has started a little late due to the hold out but he will get better as the season progresses.

Brandon is still Brock's no 1 go to guy.

It's not like they care what we say on the wz lol.

Plus, that jokes already been made a bunch of times already so I doubt BA cares if he saw it on social media today.
He was pretty much a game manager today. But kept the ball out of harms way besides a couple of plays and managed the game well against a good ass defense. Once the offense clicks we will see BCB
Share 49ersWebzone