George Kittle, Charvarius Ward join 49ers injury list ahead of clash with Rams →

There are 131 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by babarvaart:
sometimes I watch him throw and think "that could have had a bit more mustard on it"

then it drops right into the bread basket.

Accuracy and placement > velocity
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
sometimes I watch him throw and think "that could have had a bit more mustard on it"

His touch and accuracy is what makes him good. That and his decision making. I saw Herbert gun short passes on Sunday that were thrown too hard and the receivers dropped them. Brock wasn't great last night but he was good. He only made one bad decision when he threw a pass that could have been intercepted late in the game. OverallI would give him a B+.

If Aiyuk would have caught that TD in the corner of the end zone, would that change your grade?
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:

Accuracy and placement > velocity

He threw a couple lasers.

He does what he thinks he needs to to complete the pass, IMO.
Originally posted by Giedi:

His touch and accuracy is what makes him good. That and his decision making. I saw Herbert gun short passes on Sunday that were thrown too hard and the receivers dropped them. Brock wasn't great last night but he was good. He only made one bad decision when he threw a pass that could have been intercepted late in the game. OverallI would give him a B+.

If Aiyuk would have caught that TD in the corner of the end zone, would that change your grade?

No. I'm grading him against other games I've seen him play. It was good but not his best which would be an A.
No. I'm grading him against other games I've seen him play. It was good but not his best which would be an A.

grade in cap dollars, that is a $50 mil / year aav game imo

week 1 projection - 4 years $200m

a lot of handing off to Mason, and there are a lot of QBs adept at handing off, so i will look for more as we go forward if he wants to get Dak dollars

manning was about to kick Aiyuk off the field lmao he was livid
  • thl408
Originally posted by tankle104:

That's two absolute dimes from Brock that Aiyuk has dropped. The other was when Brock ran around like prime Russell Wilson then found Aiyuk in a very similar position in the end zone as last night. Forgot which game that was, but it happened.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

That pass was on a dime. Guys like Pearsall and Cowing, who explode after cuts is going to make Brock so deadly because those in and out cuts (based on defensive reading coverages) is going to be money for Brock.
Nick WRONG gave some lite compliments but threw some shade in there too with it. Typical. He still keeps comparing him to JImmy G. Saying Jimmy went to the Super Bowl. That team was defense driven. This is offense driven. Jimmy never had a year like Brock had last year. Do these guys even watch the games or look at the stats?

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thl408:
That's two absolute dimes from Brock that Aiyuk has dropped. The other was when Brock ran around like prime Russell Wilson then found Aiyuk in a very similar position in the end zone as last night. Forgot which game that was, but it happened.

What gets me is how accurate on the run/move he is. *INSANELY* accurate.

Yes, it was a tough catch, but $30 million/year guys get paid to catch those. JJ and CeeDee catches those passes.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Nick WRONG gave some lite compliments but threw some shade in there too with it. Typical. He still keeps comparing him to JImmy G. Saying Jimmy went to the Super Bowl. That team was defense driven. This is offense driven. Jimmy never had a year like Brock had last year. Do these guys even watch the games or look at the stats?

Give Brock 3.0 seconds in the pocket and he'll kick KC's 🤬🤬🤬❗
  • Deebo
  • Veteran
I thought BP was great. Aiyuk was the weak link

• thl408
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

That's the one, versus SEA. As the kids say nowadays, "you sold my clip!" (ruined my highlight)
Share 49ersWebzone