LISTEN: Do The 49ers Need To Make A Trade? →

There are 131 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by thl408:
That's the one, versus SEA. As the kids say nowadays, "you sold my clip!" (ruined my highlight)

I heard my 10year old and his friend used 'simping' last year. I'm learning albeit slowly
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
Originally posted by tankle104:

manning was about to kick Aiyuk off the field lmao he was livid
Yes, it was a tough catch, but $30 million/year guys get paid to catch those. JJ and CeeDee catches those passes.

It wouldn't bother me if he didn't "make it harder than I had to". He openly said he could of been in weeks earlier but for whatever reason chose not to.

so I don't cut him slack on that stuff, thats unacceptable with what he's being paid now and how he played it.

overall, I think he will be fine. He will get better. Just really disappointing that he didn't catch that cause of rust that he didn't have to have. That he chose to have rust.
[ Edited by tankle104 on Sep 10, 2024 at 11:11 AM ]
It wouldn't bother me if he didn't "make it harder than I had to". He openly said he could of been in weeks earlier but for whatever reason chose not to.

so I don't cut him slack on that stuff, thats unacceptable with what he's being paid now and how he played it.

overall, I think he will be fine. He will get better. Just really disappointing that he didn't catch that cause of rust that he didn't have to have. That he chose to have rust.

that line bothered me too tank so now i am being harder on BA than i need to be
Originally posted by bmvanthiel:
I'm a little surprised some were saying he didn't have a good game or looked a little rusty. I thought he was perfect until that one drive where he had like 2 or 3 bad throws in a row. Stats weren't great but his espn qbr (83.9)rating and pff rating(89.6) reflect he did well.

Are people saying he didnt have a good game? I know I said I wouldnt call his game a "really good game" but I said he was fine. That is the harshest criticism I have read so far, and even that wasnt really a criticism. I had no issues with how he played yesterday. Just wouldnt consider it an excellent game or anything.
I have no problem with some people saying Brock isn't as good as some of the more physically gifted QBs. All that matters is he's a great fit in Kyle's offense. QBs like Allen, Jackson and Murray are more physically skilled but may not work as well in an offense like Kyle runs which relies on quick recognition and precise ball placement. Not 60 yard passes and long runs by the QB.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

what the f**k is PFF grading scale to have hurts worse than Daniel Jones Caleb Williams Will Levis, Watson, and Bryce Young
[ Edited by ritz126 on Sep 10, 2024 at 12:14 PM ]

[ Edited by tankle104 on Sep 10, 2024 at 12:32 PM ]
Originally posted by ritz126:
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

what the f**k is PFF grading scale to have hurts worse than Daniel Jones Caleb Williams Will Levis, Watson, and Bryce Young

Weird, Jones should be on an island all on his own, he was atrocious
Originally posted by ritz126:

Hurts was bad. Bad at decision making, bad at ball placement (besides one ball to AJ Brown which the latter turned into a huge play), bad at RPO decisions, bad at running attempts. All while having the best supporting cast of skill players perhaps next to only 49ers, and a beefy good oline.

This is something I know about the Eagles passing offense - if AJ Brown doesnt play for whatever reason, that passing game becomes downright remedial. Hurts limitations are on full display and league adjusted/Kelce left so Eagles cant run at will like they have before. Barkley is a monster though.

Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Nick WRONG gave some lite compliments but threw some shade in there too with it. Typical. He still keeps comparing him to JImmy G. Saying Jimmy went to the Super Bowl. That team was defense driven. This is offense driven. Jimmy never had a year like Brock had last year. Do these guys even watch the games or look at the stats?

Give Brock 3.0 seconds in the pocket and he'll kick KC's 🤬🤬🤬❗

How do you see Jimmy = Brock? No serious analyst could believe that or even people who watch the games.

You got to be Nick WRONG for that.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

that line bothered me too tank so now i am being harder on BA than i need to be

it's just annoying. lol I completely understand fighting for the most money and contract etc - i don't like it but I get it. but to miss several critical weeks before a season for... just no reason? then come out and drop a stinker - no sympathy.

Like i said, I'm confident he will get back to form and he's a really good player but that just irked me.

Imagine how good we are going to be once Greenlaw, Huf, CMC, Pearsall are back and Trent & Aiyuk are in shape. HOT DAMN!
Nick WRONG gave some lite compliments but threw some shade in there too with it. Typical. He still keeps comparing him to JImmy G. Saying Jimmy went to the Super Bowl. That team was defense driven. This is offense driven. Jimmy never had a year like Brock had last year. Do these guys even watch the games or look at the stats?

How do you see Jimmy = Brock? No serious analyst could believe that or even people who watch the games.

He might be talking lat night. Jimmy had a good tendency to force field goals in the red zone.
Originally posted by 9erson3:

He might be talking lat night. Jimmy had a good tendency to force field goals in the red zone.

Brock can throw down the field, he's accurate and he can scramble and create off schedule. All things Jimmy G doesn't do.
Share 49ersWebzone