LISTEN: 49ers Prepare For Ailing Rams →

There are 107 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Someone who can do memes should take the Watchmen scene of "I'm not locked in with you - you're locked in here with me!" and tweak the dialogue with Purdy replacing Rorschach.
[ Edited by captveg on Sep 10, 2024 at 10:07 PM ]
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by TyCore:
Love me some baldy breakdowns. He doesn't fake the funk.

i give baldy credit he was on to JP Mason from day 1

I'm not surprised when they find good running backs in late rounds. Passing is emphasized so much in the NFL that teams often overlook RB talent. There are 132 teams in FBS college football and many more in FCS. That's a pool of over 200 RBs to choose from. Some don't play behind good lines in college so their talent goes unrecognized until the combine and the Senior Bowl.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by TyCore:
Love me some baldy breakdowns. He doesn't fake the funk.

i give baldy credit he was on to JP Mason from day 1

I'm not surprised when they find good running backs in late rounds. Passing is emphasized so much in the NFL that teams often overlook RB talent. There are 132 teams in FBS college football and many more in FCS. That's a pool of over 200 RBs to choose from. Some don't play behind good lines in college so their talent goes unrecognized until the combine and the Senior Bowl.

I was impressed with Eric Saubert playing fullback and blocking for Mason.

Mason has that great peripheral vision that a lot of RB's don't have in the outside zone. The RB takes three steps and cuts off that 3rd step. You need a certain kind of vision to cut to the correct angle. Mason sees the entire line and sees the creases he needs to hit. With the offensive line getting bigger because you need heft for an offensive lineman to stop bull rushes (to protect Brock), I can see where Mason is actually more valuable than a Brieda (for example) because of his power (vs speed). Bigger Offensive line, the better they are at man-gap-power blocking vs zone, and Mason is a power back. Mason is also three years younger than McCaffrey - so there's the youth aspect of it also.

I can see a Mason/McCaffrey RB lineup long term for this team a la Roger Craig/Tom Rathman during the dynasty days.
Originally posted by tankle104:

But he's not a franchise QB because he wears his hats backwards sometimes....
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by diehardniners408:

Colin Cowherd is just as annoying as Nick Wright his buddy. f**k that guy.

massive showdown this week between the GOAT and Brock Purdy.
  • 91til
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:

guy's such a joke. every positive thing he says about brock is a backhanded compliment.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 91til:

guy's such a joke. every positive thing he says about brock is a backhanded compliment.

Yah, I don't really pay attention Cowherd and Wright anymore.
i suspect MIN is gonna throw on the tape and put their entire D up on the LOS so there should be some plays to be made in the pass game

I was listening to Nick WRONG the other day. He's STILL throwing shade at Purdy. What a cesspool.

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I was listening to Nick WRONG the other day. He's STILL throwing shade at Purdy. What a cesspool.

well why were you doing that?

You claim to dislike Nick but listen to him more than anyone on here? Lol. Every time you mention him, it is actually a plug..why do that? Unless you are Nick? Lol

well why were you doing that?

I probably shouldn't. It's bad for your health.

Originally posted by Montana:

You claim to dislike Nick but listen to him more than anyone on here? Lol. Every time you mention him, it is actually a plug..why do that? Unless you are Nick? Lol

Sometimes I listen to what the haters say. But that guy is probably the most uninformed analyst about football on TV. It's best not to listen to him.
Share 49ersWebzone