There are 87 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by Bloodless:

Teams are going to have to blitz MVPurdy because if they sit in man or zone, defenses are going to get killed. I expect Minnesota to bring the kitchen sink against Mr. Brock.

Definitely will be a fun chess match!

For sure. Blitzing was the only way to slow Brock down last year. Spagnuolo and Baltimore were the best at it against Brock.
For sure. Blitzing was the only way to slow Brock down last year. Spagnuolo and Baltimore were the best at it against Brock.

It was our team struggling beating man to man coverage, not just pressure.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by Bloodless:

Teams are going to have to blitz MVPurdy because if they sit in man or zone, defenses are going to get killed. I expect Minnesota to bring the kitchen sink against Mr. Brock.

That's the last thing defenses should want to do. Usually the elite QBs pray a defense blitzes. The only thing that can stop Brock on a blitz is...🤢... a missed blocking assignment.

Agree 💯 %❗️

That's why Brendel is playing vs Bartch or Zakelj. Chargers missed a John Lynch blitz and Drew Brees'Arm was torn off in 2005. I just hope and pray every game that Brock doesn't get any injuries.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

It was our team struggling beating man to man coverage, not just pressure.

Yeah, at least quickly. That's why I liked the Pearsall and cowing picks - I hope they can do that short game quick open out stuff to have a place for the ball to go.

Our o line didn't give much time on the blitzing either, hopefully they do better this year.
Agree 💯 %❗️

That's why Brendel is playing vs Bartch or Zakelj. Chargers missed a John Lynch blitz and Drew Brees'Arm was torn off in 2005. I just hope and pray every game that Brock doesn't get any injuries.

Lynch was the guy who hurt Bree's back then?? I Didn't know that. Interesting
I can't help but smile when I sit back and realize that offenses usually start slow and get better through the year as they play together and get on the same page. It bodes very well for Purdy and Co.
Originally posted by Mankster:
I can't help but smile when I sit back and realize that offenses usually start slow and get better through the year as they play together and get on the same page. It bodes very well for Purdy and Co.

I know you're speaking generally, but I feel our own slow starts in 21 and 22 were mainly due to instability and underperformance at the QB position.

I expected to start fast last year, and thought it might be a little rougher this year with the offseason drama. Hopefully we keep getting better.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Mankster:

I know you're speaking generally, but I feel our own slow starts in 21 and 22 were mainly due to instability and underperformance at the QB position.

I expected to start fast last year, and thought it might be a little rougher this year with the offseason drama. Hopefully we keep getting better.

Yah Purdy sees the field and is much more poised than Jimmy.
A lot to be excited about. Can't wait for the machine to be well oiled.

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tankle104:
Agree 💯 %❗️

Lynch was the guy who hurt Bree's back then?? I Didn't know that. Interesting

Pretty much. John Lynch hit Brees, and caused a fumble and the ensuing scrum, Brees'Arm shoulder socket was dislocated. The doctor said it took 12 staples (or something like that) to repair his arm. Doctor said he couldn't repeat the quality of the procedure it if he tried, because he did it pretty much perfectly the first time. It was the most staples he's used in a labrum tear operation ever.

Next thing you know, Rivers is the Chargers QB and Brees goes to new Orleans. We need our O-Line to bubble wrap Brock so that kind of injury never happens to him.

I expected a slow start because our starter wasn't fully healthy yet and didn't get a true offseason. This season he finally did so I'm expecting Brock to be sharp and not Aiyuk just yet
Originally posted by tankle104:

Purdy > Mahomes
Originally posted by InfernoDaLuz:
A lot to be excited about. Can't wait for the machine to be well oiled.

I haven't got around to watching this yet but can some give some of the highlights and low lights of this in the meantime?
When Brock has a ring or two, then call me.
Share 49ersWebzone