There are 242 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by _Goldblooded_:
wait until you watch the all 22.

This.

that....

I will say this though, anyone else notice the shift to wide WR alignments? Looks like Shanny tried to scheme in more separation, this is going to be an interesting week for the film review guys.
Brock Purdy Current Season Stats.

# 1 in Passing Yards
# 9 in QB rating
# 6 in YPA
# 10 in comp %

Only 1 Int. Not getting TDs is what is killing us right now. Most would agree we haven't seen him at his best. Cant wait to see good Purdy, if this is terrible like many people seem to think .
People here would be losing their damn minds if Purdy threw an INT as bad as the one Mahomes just threw.
Originally posted by CardinalGold:
Brock wasn't the problem today. The WRs weren't open so he had to either hold the ball too long and take a sack or make a risky throw. Most of those throws worked out for him and he completed 75%. He took shots down field.

I agree with this. Pretty simple to see that the Vikings did a superb job of blanketing our receivers. Brock scans the field very well but there was rarely guys open. He had to thread the needle all day.
Originally posted by Bloodless:

# 1 in Passing Yards
# 9 in QB rating
# 6 in YPA
# 10 in comp %

Only 1 Int. Not getting TDs is what is killing us right now. Most would agree we haven't seen him at his best. Cant wait to see good Purdy, if this is terrible like many people seem to think .

if his stat line today is the worst ever as some say we are in good shape
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
People here would be losing their damn minds if Purdy threw an INT as bad as the one Mahomes just threw.

Mahomes has permanent Get out of Jail status. He could throw picks on his next 50 consecutive passes and he'd still be given the benefit of the doubt because of the three rings.

To me it's just an example of why those stats don't necessarily tell you how someone is playing… especially so in a small sample.

I'm not celebrating 300 yards when he got 50 or so against soft coverage at the end of the game and he had 3+ turnover worthy plays.

I'm also not killing him either. It's one game. He's a young player who almost always plays at least well.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

To me it's just an example of why those stats don't necessarily tell you how someone is playing… especially so in a small sample.

I'm not celebrating 300 yards when he got 50 or so against soft coverage at the end of the game and he had 3+ turnover worthy plays.

I'm also not killing him either. It's one game. He's a young player who almost always plays at least well.

he made a lot of great throws in this one too.
This is the NFL. The QB is king. Unfortunately when your team loses, a big part of that will be because of the QB play. 49ers offense had chances to get the lead and Brock didn't play well enough to finish the deal. Yes the D choked on those last drives, but it might not have come to it with better play from a QB that is going to be asking to be the highest paid player in the NFL.
he made a lot of great throws in this one too.

He did have some nice ones. Early conversion to Jennings and the scramble
/panic play to Deebo at the sideline in 2nd half.

# 1 in Passing Yards
# 9 in QB rating
# 6 in YPA
# 10 in comp %

I'd trade a couple of stats for more TDs. I just can't survive another QB letdown. Love Brock but it's totally fine to accept these past two games are lacking something.

# 1 in Passing Yards
# 9 in QB rating
# 6 in YPA
# 10 in comp %

Many people are clueless
Originally posted by 9erson3:
I'd trade a couple of stats for more TDs. I just can't survive another QB letdown. Love Brock but it's totally fine to accept these past two games are lacking something.

Mentioned it earlier but he was good last week. We're in very good shape if we get that Brock consistently, The basic numbers just didn't shown it because they are team stats.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

That's fair.

Mahomes athleticism and rocket arm bails him out. And he's decent at reading a defense most of the time.

Purdy can read, but can't create as easily as Mahomes athletically. Which is why we wanted better pass protection.
Originally posted by 9erson3:

# 1 in Passing Yards
# 9 in QB rating
# 6 in YPA
# 10 in comp %

What's been lacking?
Share 49ersWebzone