LISTEN: Do The 49ers Have Cause For Concern? →

There are 149 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
He had to make amazing throws just to get completions today. Receivers didn't separate much.
Originally posted by Montana:
He wants to lol

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Now I have to listen to Nick WRONG Hot Takes all week long. Great.

Here's the thing, you don't. I never listen to Nick Wright or any of those hot take shows. Don't feel like my life is any less complete because of it.

Purdy is worth 30m per year. That's it
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
That's fair.

Mahomes athleticism and rocket arm bails him out. And he's decent at reading a defense most of the time.

Purdy can read, but can't create as easily as Mahomes athletically. Which is why we wanted better pass protection.

I'm interested to see the All 22 especially this week because it felt like Purdy often had time but it also seemed like guys were struggling to get open. You can't have that when they are being paid as much money as they're getting. Jennings seemed like the only one that was reliably and consistently getting open down the field. That is something that absolutely needs to be addressed.
If lack of separation is the issue and like you I suspect it is how do you address it?
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by DaleGribble:
Originally posted by Bloodless:
Brock Purdy Current Season Stats.

# 1 in Passing Yards
# 9 in QB rating
# 6 in YPA
# 10 in comp %

Only 1 Int. Not getting TDs is what is killing us right now. Most would agree we haven't seen him at his best. Cant wait to see good Purdy, if this is terrible like many people seem to think .
Many people are clueless

To be fair, half the games haven't finished this week. These rankings will be different on Tuesday.
That is true. Not many games left though. He will almost certainly not be #1 in passing YDs after weeks end. But he could move up in some of the other Categories.
Originally posted by niners94:
He had to make amazing throws just to get completions today. Receivers didn't separate much.

Our passing game isn't made for that. Kyle doesn't use burners or an open passing game. It's a piss poor passing attack on its own. Kelsey was talking about Reid running the play but he allows them to freelance to better position. Kyle hasn't learned and adapted. Purdy could be lights out with a better coach🫤🫤🫤🫤🫤🫤🫤
You have a point there.

I was done listening to takes after the Raiders lady was offering Brock ice cream and whatever else came from her hole. Haha

# 1 in Passing Yards
# 9 in QB rating
# 6 in YPA
# 10 in comp %

Only 1 Int. Not getting TDs is what is killing us right now. Most would agree we haven't seen him at his best. Cant wait to see good Purdy, if this is terrible like many people seem to think .
Many people are clueless

To be fair, half the games haven't finished this week. These rankings will be different on Tuesday.
True but I stand by my comment anybody that claims Purdy was terrible is clueless or has an agenda.
Originally posted by socal1632:

Here's the thing, you don't. I never listen to Nick Wright or any of those hot take shows. Don't feel like my life is any less complete because of it.

Purdy is worth 30m per year. That's it
If Aiyuk is worth 30 million a year he's worth way more than that.

You actually don't. Go watch a movie, read a book, take a walk, etc. Nick Wrong won't be there, I promise you.

you dont have to. plus he just looks at stats and wont say anything then.

Our passing game isn't made for that. Kyle doesn't use burners or an open passing game. It's a piss poor passing attack on its own. Kelsey was talking about Reid running the play but he allows them to freelance to better position. Kyle hasn't learned and adapted. Purdy could be lights out with a better coach🫤🫤🫤🫤🫤🫤🫤

Dropback passing def not Kyle's strength. To be fair… probably also not the strength of our personnel.

Absolutely the best in playaction though.
Originally posted by niners94:

Good luck finding a better coach...
This dude will not be worth the money has about to get
Originally posted by Jcool:
Good luck finding a better coach...

The absolute worst thing that could happen to Purdy would be taking him out of this system with Kyle's run game supporting him. Crazy to think otherwise.

# 1 in Passing Yards
# 9 in QB rating
# 6 in YPA
# 10 in comp %

Many people are clueless

That is true. Not many games left though. He will almost certainly not be #1 in passing YDs after weeks end. But he could move up in some of the other Categories.

Not with Mason at running back. Amazing to say that. Dude is getting like 6 yards per carry. He can't cause the confusion that CMC causes to then open up schemed open pass plays for 1 B+ number one and a couple of other B wide receivers. He really needs a Pearsall man beater or somebody to beat man. A Mahomes type qb could break the pocket and get outside and bust up the coverage. Again Kyle will not allow that with his qb's. Fire Kyle
Share 49ersWebzone