There are 185 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by MucketyMuck:
Originally posted by DaleGribble:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
How anyone can be upset at Purdy and not think about the 100 yard Touchdown the defense gave up trips me out!!!
Because it doesn't fit their narrative.

Some can do two things at once. Crazy huh?

Some don't mention two things. Crazy huh?
Brock hasnt had his 30th professional start in the NFL. Outside of CJ Stroud no QB that has come in since 2021 looks as good or better. Bad games will happen. It's about the big picture.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Sep 16, 2024 at 7:42 AM ]
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Fans need to remember that the 49ers haven't won in Minnesota since 1992. Eight straight losses. Sometimes places are just a hard place to win. It's alwys loud and hard to hear signals.

Without CMC Brock didn't have that safety valve to throw to on 3rd down. The Vikes did a good job slowing down the receivers and keeping them from getting into their routes. Then the pass rush was able to get home.
We have no issues beating the vikes at home, something is strange in the waters of Minnetonka

It's that horn.
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Silky:
So what's the general consensus today? Does Purdy suck and were back in the doldrums?

Nope. Receivers suck.
Originally posted by Koldo:
Originally posted by Silky:
So what's the general consensus today? Does Purdy suck and were back in the doldrums?

Nope. Receivers suck.

I think he had a poor game yesterday Tbh. It happens from time to time.
Originally posted by Sickaa:

He didn't play well. Multiple TOs a couple WTF throws, overall just didn't see comfortable at all.

IMO he's gotta play free a little more, don't be scared to run with the ball and extend plays. That's part what makes him good. Just like everyone is s**tting on BA (and should be with Trent as well), if you want to get paid the big bucks you gotta make s**t happen when it's time to turn it up a notch.
Originally posted by crabman82:
Feels like he was locking on to guys and throwing it there when other guys on the play seemed a bit more open

Yeah, I did see that too. Seemed like he's trying to make the big plays when he should've made the safe play.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
How anyone can be upset at Purdy and not think about the 100 yard Touchdown the defense gave up trips me out!!!

You don't need to. The defense s**t the bed. That was obvious. But still held the Vikings to 23 points. If the offense held it own, maybe the Vikings don't get to 23 because Darnold doesn't do well making adjustments and playing on urgency.

Offense s**t the bed. Purdy was part of that. It's ok to admit it. But for some it's not. Just as it's hard to blame Shanahan from doing the same things over and over. Yesterday was 2023 vs Minn repeat. No change in the game plan…
Purdy a lot yesterday looked like a deer in headlights
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by DrEll:

You don't need to. The defense s**t the bed. That was obvious. But still held the Vikings to 23 points. If the offense held it own, maybe the Vikings don't get to 23 because Darnold doesn't do well making adjustments and playing on urgency.

Offense s**t the bed. Purdy was part of that. It's ok to admit it. But for some it's not. Just as it's hard to blame Shanahan from doing the same things over and over. Yesterday was 2023 vs Minn repeat. No change in the game plan…

Offense, defense, special teams, coaching it was a team loss no doubt about it. Problem is, your hard on for Shanahan makes it hard for you to see the big picture. It wasn't just the offense, did you not remember the special teams getting a punt blocked or Cowing muffing the return, no you didn't cause you think it's just the offense and Shanahan.

Originally posted by Sickaa:

When a QB is sacked 6 times and pressured another dozen or so, it is going to make any QB look bad.

Give Brian Flores credit. His high-pressure game plan, combined with the fact the Viking secondary is pretty good, was a winning formula.

Lacking CMC and the reliable version of Aiyuk made a huge difference in how the offense operated. That amounts to the two most important weapons in the 49er arsenal. It matters.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ninerfaninnorcal:
Purdy a lot yesterday looked like a deer in headlights

I'd say he did on a couple of series, but overall I didn't like the play calling on offense too much. I know Purdy did look towards Kittle in the game, but I felt he should've been more involved than he was. I also didn't like all the Dan Campbell-like 4th down calls. If he would've just taken the points the score would've been closer with a lot less pressure on the offense.
Originally posted by Koldo:
Nope. Receivers suck.

This. The Niners receivers looked old and slow. So many teams getting their rookie receivers some PT. I'd infuse some Cowing only because we have ZERO deep threat. Plus I like how quickly Cowing separates and finds the soft spot in the zone and this would give us more options in the red zone.

Time for Kyle to use his tools and stop being so stubborn.

So tough to pin a bad game on Purdy when he had nobody to throw to.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
He didn't play well. Multiple TOs a couple WTF throws, overall just didn't see comfortable at all.

IMO he's gotta play free a little more, don't be scared to run with the ball and extend plays. That's part what makes him good. Just like everyone is s**tting on BA (and should be with Trent as well), if you want to get paid the big bucks you gotta make s**t happen when it's time to turn it up a notch.

Those two guys missing all that practice time matters.

It may seem excusable that Williams missed training camp "because he is a veteran All Pro" but that is selfish and weak. It hurts the rest of the offense when they don't have a chance to practice with him. Timing suffers. Also, Trent sets a tone for practice when he is there. IMO, it is no surprise the Minnesota was able to generate so much pressure on Purdy. Combined with Puni being a rookie, having Williams miss all of TC means the OL will take a bit longer to develop the chemistry needed to provide protection on a consistent basis.

As to BA, he is just an immature guy at this point. He needs to suffer some embarrassment over his lack of production. He clearly is not running his routes as he did last year. (Also, the Vikings were sitting on Purdy's favorite target areas waiting for a receiver to get there. Good scouting by Flores.)
Originally posted by dj43:
Those two guys missing all that practice time matters.

It may seem excusable that Williams missed training camp "because he is a veteran All Pro" but that is selfish and weak. It hurts the rest of the offense when they don't have a chance to practice with him. Timing suffers. Also, Trent sets a tone for practice when he is there. IMO, it is no surprise the Minnesota was able to generate so much pressure on Purdy. Combined with Puni being a rookie, having Williams miss all of TC means the OL will take a bit longer to develop the chemistry needed to provide protection on a consistent basis.

As to BA, he is just an immature guy at this point. He needs to suffer some embarrassment over his lack of production. He clearly is not running his routes as he did last year. (Also, the Vikings were sitting on Purdy's favorite target areas waiting for a receiver to get there. Good scouting by Flores.)

It's almost like the Vikings knew where the Niners were going before the snap even occurred....Hats of to the Vikings. Hell of a game plan.
Share 49ersWebzone