LISTEN: Do The 49ers Have Cause For Concern? →

There are 220 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by Sickaa:
I think he had a poor game yesterday Tbh. It happens from time to time.

When a QB is sacked 6 times and pressured another dozen or so, it is going to make any QB look bad.

Give Brian Flores credit. His high-pressure game plan, combined with the fact the Viking secondary is pretty good, was a winning formula.

Lacking CMC and the reliable version of Aiyuk made a huge difference in how the offense operated. That amounts to the two most important weapons in the 49er arsenal. It matters.

4 of those 6 sacks came In the 3rd Q when the OL had a complete meltdown.

Brock looked Indecisive and was often staring down receivers yesterday.

It's only one game, so need to panic, but let's be honest, it was a poor performance from Brock and the offense In general.

When a QB is sacked 6 times and pressured another dozen or so, it is going to make any QB look bad.

Give Brian Flores credit. His high-pressure game plan, combined with the fact the Viking secondary is pretty good, was a winning formula.

Lacking CMC and the reliable version of Aiyuk made a huge difference in how the offense operated. That amounts to the two most important weapons in the 49er arsenal. It matters.

It's only one game, so need to panic, but let's be honest, it was a poor performance from Brock and the offense In general.

He has played better but let's not pretend he was a major reason the team lost. There was plenty of blame to spread around on offense, beginning with poor play-calling, and on and on.
He has played better but let's not pretend he was a major reason the team lost. There was plenty of blame to spread around on offense, beginning with poor play-calling, and on and on.

Purdy had 1 TDs and 2 turnovers with the 49ers going 2-10 on 3rd down & only scoring 17 points. He was a big reason they lost. I am sure he will turn it around but no reason to give him a pass on a off day.
Brock will embarrass the Rams . Gunna be a bad day for them:).

He was not a big reason why they lost. Lol. BP is not going to be perfect every game. I know, shocking lol. What about the 300 yards? What about that great drive he made? To even joke that we may have kept the wrong qb, come on lol. That is the problem when players are extremely good and reliable at what they do. The first moment where they don't seem to be perfect..well, high scrutiny. The expectations can become ridiculous. It isn't exactly fair but it comes with the territory of being a high performance player. He is not perfect, Joe Montana..not perfect. Steve Young...not perfect. But they are the best at it, legends. The legend of Brock Purdy continues
[ Edited by Montana on Sep 16, 2024 at 10:56 AM ]
Originally posted by Jcool:

Purdy had 1 TDs and 2 turnovers with the 49ers going 2-10 on 3rd down & only scoring 17 points. He was a big reason they lost. I am sure he will turn it around but no reason to give him a pass on a off day.

Most of those 3rd downs were long yardage situations. They were not the usual 3rd and short we've had in the past. I'm not giving him a pass but suggesting that he was a major reason is not accurate.

The biggest problem for the offense was the fact Brian Flores was taking away all of Brock's favorite routes over the middle. LBs were getting deep drops and safeties were pinching in as well. With Aiyuk not in game shape yet, there was no one open on the money routes. The outside should have been more available but not much was called there.

The big reason for 3rd down failure was the loss of CMC. 'Nuff said.
Current 2024 NFL season stats

#1 Passing Yards
#8 Comp %
#9 QB Rating
#5 YPA
Sacked 3rd most

1 TD 1 Int Puts him at middle the league in both.

Some really bad QB going on right now in the league. Also surprised he has been sacked that much and still leading in passing yards. He has been sacked only one less time then Caleb. Let that sink in.

This he played poorly yesterday.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bloodless:
Current 2024 NFL season stats

#1 Passing Yards
#8 Comp %
#9 QB Rating
#5 YPA
Sacked 3rd most

1 TD 1 Int Puts him at middle the league in both.

Some really bad QB going on right now in the league. Also surprised he has been sacked that much and still leading in passing yards. He has been sacked only one less time then Caleb. Let that sink in.

All of this from a QB that many in here are saying has had two "bad" games lol. I have no problem with it though, just shows the bar/standard is much higher than it's been in a long time.
Originally posted by Furlow:
All of this from a QB that many in here are saying has had two "bad" games lol. I have no problem with it though, just shows the bar/standard is much higher than it's been in a long time.

he didn't do much week 1 and it was losing football week 2. you can't turn the ball over repeatedly on the road.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by Furlow:

he didn't do much week 1 and it was losing football week 2. you can't turn the ball over repeatedly on the road.

I think week 1 was actually a really good game from him. Statistically it didn't reflect how well he played in that game. Week 2 I thought was a bad game but not a terrible game.The turnovers I agree with you on and that is what made it a bad game. But honestly we simply played bad as a team.

Most of those 3rd downs were long yardage situations. They were not the usual 3rd and short we've had in the past. I'm not giving him a pass but suggesting that he was a major reason is not accurate.

The biggest problem for the offense was the fact Brian Flores was taking away all of Brock's favorite routes over the middle. LBs were getting deep drops and safeties were pinching in as well. With Aiyuk not in game shape yet, there was no one open on the money routes. The outside should have been more available but not much was called there.

Absolutely he was a major reason lol. He had 2 awful turnovers, 100% on him in both instances. He could've easily thrown 3 additional picks due to bad decisions. He stood like a statue in the pocket and was indecisive, causing more pressures than there needed to be

Very unlike Brock but don't sugar coat a bad game
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Absolutely he was a major reason lol. He had 2 awful turnovers, 100% on him in both instances. He could've easily thrown 3 additional picks due to bad decisions. He stood like a statue in the pocket and was indecisive, causing more pressures than there needed to be

you get SF behind the sticks and we are suddenly very beatable.

Yup. 100% this.
Wouldn't say it was a bad game, and wouldn't say it was a good game. Had a bad TO but the other was a fluke play. QBs usually fall back on the ball when it slips out during the load like that. He wasn't as smooth as usual and didn't look comfortable. Im glad Seattle new HC brings those "chaos" looks, because I think Brock and the offense will get good against them the more they see it. Kyles "built in" hot route system doesn't work well against those looks. Gonna need to find a different way imo
[ Edited by CharlieSheen on Sep 16, 2024 at 12:27 PM ]
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

you get SF behind the sticks and we are suddenly very beatable.

like every team in the league
Share 49ersWebzone