LISTEN: Do The 49ers Have Cause For Concern? →

There are 225 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Purdy didn't play as bad as I initially thought, some turnovers but also some great throws

many windows were tight.

the 4th down to jennings was an incredible throw
Already Deebo and McCaffrey out. My goodness. Soon the Hot Takes shows. "Brock Purdy can't play."

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Already Deebo and McCaffrey out. My goodness. Soon the Hot Takes shows. "Brock Purdy can't play."

something to hold you over.
Originally posted by captveg:
The fumble was a fluke ball slipping his grip. Not much to say about that except it's unlikely to occur often. It happened once last season, so odds are we won't see it again for a while.

The one INT was a bad result of a risky throw. When you thread as many needles as Brock does in the passing game you will be on the losing end sometimes.

Considering the complex disguises Flores was showing Brock played pretty well, IMO. The "book" on Brock is out, and it is this: Defenses must do extremely complex hidden coverage designs to slow him down a tick. If successful you may be able to get a few sacks and a couple turnovers to counter the 300+ yards he'll still throw on you.

Maybe 2-3 defenses out there have the talent to do that and shut down SF's rushing game. MIN is clearly one of them. The Rams have not been. Look for a solid bounce back week for the SF offense.

Your posts make too much sense for the average game watcher lol People will mindlessly say it was a bad performance but didn't watch the game...but rather their nachos that was missing the jalapeños requested and their flat beer.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

something to hold you over.

Must be a Nick WRONG follower.

Must be a Nick WRONG follower.

Not at all. You shouldn't be either.
Originally posted by _Goldblooded_:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Purdy didn't play as bad as I initially thought, some turnovers but also some great throws

many windows were tight.

the 4th down to jennings was an incredible throw

Ya and the one to Deebo on the sideline late in the game was special
Originally posted by Bloodless:
Current 2024 NFL season stats

#1 Passing Yards
#8 Comp %
#9 QB Rating
#5 YPA
Sacked 3rd most

1 TD 1 Int Puts him at middle the league in both.

Some really bad QB going on right now in the league. Also surprised he has been sacked that much and still leading in passing yards. He has been sacked only one less time then Caleb. Let that sink in.

This means virtually nothing at this stage of the season.

Had Kittle there too...

The fumble was flukey, but absolutely cannot happen. The INT was a product of him trying to squeeze a ball in a window and didnt work out. If these types of throws happen more regularly, we will have problems. But overall, I'd give him a C+ or B- for the game. He wasnt great, but hardly the reason we lost. Brock can play much better than C+/B- though.

Brock runs INTO the pressure for no reason. Little things like this all day ...
Originally posted by frenchmov:

Brock runs INTO the pressure for no reason. Little things like this all day ...
Vikes did a good job. I see Brock getting more % of the blame pie this game.

Even though Purdy has looked great in the 22 or so games he's played, he is still in that crawling stage and needs more games/defenses to play against.
according to this the WRs are not making his job easy out there.Imagine being a team paying a bunch of money to WRs and getting that. Ohh wait.

[ Edited by Bloodless on Sep 16, 2024 at 10:49 PM ]
  • bud49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bloodless:
according to this the WRs are not making his job easy out there.Imagine being a team paying a bunch of money to WRs and getting that. Ohh wait.

Yeah, but Brock should be able to throw through a keyhole to WR.
Share 49ersWebzone