LISTEN: Do The 49ers Have Cause For Concern? →

There are 196 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
It wasn't his best game. He is capable of more than he showed Sunday. Having said that he is making the best of what he has to work with. Receivers are not getting open. Yuk has been a ghost.. we need speed and separation. If receivers continue to lag we will see more of what we witnessed against the Vikings
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

That's rookie miss s$&t right there. That's a ten yard gain at least on that quick screen. Purdy can't miss that. That's the play that will be open off of the Mason runs. Kyle's refusal to innovate a downfield burner inclusive pass attack will be brutally exposed. He's been slapped across the face by Reid twice in the SB and many other games, against man. This Sun his plays will include trying to scheme open the fullback.🤢. From what I've heard in the front office, his time might be drawing short
Originally posted by socal1632:

That's rookie miss s$&t right there. That's a ten yard gain at least on that quick screen. Purdy can't miss that. That's the play that will be open off of the Mason runs. Kyle's refusal to innovate a downfield burner inclusive pass attack will be brutally exposed. He's been slapped across the face by Reid twice in the SB and many other games, against man. This Sun his plays will include trying to scheme open the fullback.🤢. From what I've heard in the front office, his time might be drawing short
Lmao from what you've heard in the front office seriously?

Quick screen? What are you seeing there? He's talking about Saubert leaking out and him being wide open. Brock was looking like old school Sam Darnold on Sunday. He didn't see the field well.

Minn play a f**k ton of zone week 1 (87%) hence why Deebo had a great game on Sunday. Where are you getting all this vs man stuff?

What team is currently rocking a downfield exclusive passing attack right now? Teams are actively trying to take away the big explosive passes this yr…also Brock was actually one leaders in air yards last yr. They were actually pushing the ball vertically.

we get it you hate Kyle. How about you at least come to the table with facts and not made up stuff…if not it's just an emotional stance with no objective facts behind it.
Originally posted by DaleGribble:

Just whining about nothing.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Just whining about nothing.
No doubt,I was just wondering who his source in the front office was

Guess we found Grant Cohn's account in here

Guess we found Grant Cohn's account in here
I bet you're right

Quick screen? What are you seeing there? He's talking about Saubert leaking out and him being wide open. Brock was looking like old school Sam Darnold on Sunday. He didn't see the field well.

Minn play a f**k ton of zone week 1 (87%) hence why Deebo had a great game on Sunday. Where are you getting all this vs man stuff?

What team is currently rocking a downfield exclusive passing attack right now? Teams are actively trying to take away the big explosive passes this yr…also Brock was actually one leaders in air yards last yr. They were actually pushing the ball vertically.

we get it you hate Kyle. How about you at least come to the table with facts and not made up stuff…if not it's just an emotional stance with no objective facts behind it.
All true, although I'd add the real
problem last week for Brock is that the offensive line seemed genuinely confused by the pass rush scheme, leaving him without much time back there.

Similarly, Darnold looked quite comfortable on Sunday and that was in large part due to the protection he had.
[ Edited by bzborow1 on Sep 17, 2024 at 7:38 AM ]
Originally posted by bzborow1:
problem last week for Brock is that the offensive line seemed genuinely confused by the pass rush scheme, leaving him without much time back there.

Similarly, Darnold looked quite comfortable on Sunday and that was in large part due to the protection he had.

Eh it was more due to the coverage mistakes. Anytime the 9ers properly defended the first read he was lost.

Originally posted by bzborow1:

I think that's fair. I'm watching some of Brad's cutups from SFniners and while the OL are for sure missing assignments….some of those sacks are on Brock. He's looking more like JG than Brock out there

He's not seeing the field as well or something? Teams got more film on him and noticed something?

only 2 weeks, but he's gotta play better than what he's been doing…there's been a bunch of poor reads and forcing balls into tight window that could have been picked off (if they weren't).

I still got faith in him and I'm sure he will be just fine.

as far as Sam goes, he just ran the offense and threw to his first read if there. Outside of two blown coverages he didn't really do too much.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Sep 17, 2024 at 8:04 AM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Purdy didn't play as bad as I initially thought, some turnovers but also some great throws

Honestly that INT was on Purdy more than Juice who tipped the ball or had it tipped. He shouldn't have thrown it there seeing that he was double covered. Purdy actually threw it a lot in double coverage, I don't he would've looked towards Deebo or Aiyuk had CMC been in there.

Post of the year right here. Kyle doesnt utilize a deep passing attack like other teams but somehow Purdy led the league in air yards last year. According to socal1632 aka the Grant Cohn of the zone his front office informant says Kyle's time is short. Meanwhile Brock is 18-5 while waiting to be brutally exposed by other teams.

Monday morning QBing. Mason was wide open and would have easily got a 1st. But Brock has huge balls and doesn't check down and always goes downfield. At some point if the DCs go to this trend he will have to check down to the RB
I guess we're gonna find out pretty quick whether Purdy can elevate other players to major contributors. We're gonna find out real quick whether he warrants a $60 million a year contract. What an opportunity for him. I hope he succeeds.
[ Edited by maximusdecimus on Sep 17, 2024 at 9:32 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone