LISTEN: Do The 49ers Have Cause For Concern? →

There are 272 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYniner85:
So was he right?

hey there's still time for Mullens. Darnold and Mullens can still be the greatest 1-2 punch in the league. (No wonder Flores does so well against Kyle's system)
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
We are 3 years in on Purdy. Not 13 starts. Mullens always threw for a lot of yards. Lots of interceptions too. No comparison. Comparing apples to grapefruit.

3rd ALL-TIME in yards after 13 starts! There was no Deebo/BA/CMC on most of those starts…you can't use context when it only benefits you.

Brees was throwing the ball to Kareem Osgood/Eric Parker/Gates in 2004 when they went 11-4.

Dak Prescott's numbers were BETTER than Brees' 1st 4 yrs so he must be better than him? We can all use the straw man BS.
Vikings 2023 - Mullens

1306 yards.....7 TD's.....8 interceptions.

Pretty much the same guy as Purdy.

Originally posted by BP13:
So was he right?

hey there's still time for Mullens. Darnold and Mullens can still be the greatest 1-2 punch in the league. (No wonder Flores does so well against Kyle's system)

Golden god

Vikings 2023 - Mullens

2018-2020 3rd MOST passing yards of ALL-TIME! That's all that matters. You dont get to pick and choose what's relative and what's not all of a sudden.

Dak Prescott 1st 4 yrs
15,778 yards, 97TD, 36INTS and comp 66%
drew Brees 1st 4 yrs
8,772 yards, 56TDs, 38INTs and comp 61%

according to you Dak is WAY BETTER than drew Brees.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Sep 18, 2024 at 10:52 AM ]
Vikings 2023 - Mullens

2018-2020 3rd MOST passing yards of ALL-TIME! That's all that matters. You dont get to pick and choose what's relative and what's not all of a sudden.

Dak Prescott 1st 4 yrs
15,778 yards, 97TD, 36INTS and comp 66%
drew Brees 1st 4 yrs
8,772 yards, 56TDs, 38INTs and comp 61%

according to you Dak is WAY BETTER than drew Brees.

In the first 4 years probably yes. If you just look at regular season results. The prolific years for Brees came LATER. He had TONS of EXPERIENCE and was well established by then. Year 1, 2, 3 Purdy is not there yet. But he's just as good or far along as a YOUNG Brees IMO. Perhaps even better.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Sep 18, 2024 at 10:58 AM ]
Look I love me some Brock and I hope becomes the next Brees. Pretending that's who he is because of some stats is incredibly ignorant and silly. Kid needs to play more football before anyone is tossing on anything about Drew. Why that's confrontational is beyond me.

we can all toss out stats to prove or disprove whatever. He's on a great team with a great HC. He's gonna go through ups and downs, but it sounds like he's made of the right stuff to help this team win a ton of games. Thinking anything more than that is imo a subjective early morning sport show take.
In the first 4 years probably yes. If you just look at regular season results. The prolific years for Brees came LATER. He had TONS of EXPERIENCE and was well established by then. Year 1, 2, 3 Purdy is not there yet. But he's just as good or far along as a YOUNG Brees IMO. Perhaps even better.

So why are you using Drew Brees and not Dak, RG3, or Baker mayfield as comparisons? They all had great 1st yrs much like Brock last yr.

instead you're tying him to one of the best QBs of all-time, why? Brees first full season in SD wasn't even good.
Mac jones was "better" than Brees his rookie yr. So he's gonna be better long-term? Mac jones was better than manning was his rookie yr? So at that point he was gonna be better than manning? Do you see how ridiculous that is…you can't go from that to say he's gonna be better than Brees…that's such a reach based on homerism.

I don't give a f**k about Lance. That ship has sailed long ago. If you want to continue holding onto that nonsense, go argue with a wall. I don't care about that anymore.

There is no "shade" on Brock. I want him to be great. He's played damn good football. I'm talking about LAST GAME which he didn't play particularly well and I pointed out what I saw….if you can't have that convo with me then go bother someone else because nowhere did I say Brock was all of a sudden a horrible QB.

Now you are comparing Brock to Jones?

Brock is a great QB, maybe top 3 in the NFL after one full season.
Compare year 2 Brees to year 2 Purdy. Yeah he did start a lot faster. He's further ahead of where Brees was. People don't realize Purdy would have had 4,500+ yards had he played game 17. Maybe a few more TD's. He's on a fabulous start. That team Brees was on had some outstanding WR's and TE's. Some good offensive linemen too. They weren't perfect. But there were some real good parts there.

Year one Mac Jones was better than year one manning….what's your point?

in no way does that equal our to so an so is that player or better than them. Such a straw man fallacy.

I mean if we're tossing out stats the Big Ben, Rivers and s**t even Eli manning are better than Dan Marino. No objective person would agree with that though.

He's young Drew Brees. Except better. Get over it.

So was he right?

Lol at trying to argue with SD. He's makes faithful look like a football savant

So was he right?

Brock is Mullins?

Quite a take.
3rd ALL-TIME in yards after 13 starts! There was no Deebo/BA/CMC on most of those starts…you can't use context when it only benefits you.

Brees was throwing the ball to Kareem Osgood/Eric Parker/Gates in 2004 when they went 11-4.

Dak Prescott's numbers were BETTER than Brees' 1st 4 yrs so he must be better than him? We can all use the straw man BS.

Why do you work so hard to diminish Purdy whenever people say he is good?

You had nothing but praise for Lance.
Originally posted by TheWooLick:

Why do you work so hard to diminish Purdy whenever people say he is good?

You had nothing but praise for Lance.

Stop woo'ing him

He's already said multiple times that he's very good, just said he isn't prime Brees yet but that he can get there.
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Now you are comparing Brock to Jones?

Brock is a great QB, maybe top 3 in the NFL after one full season.

I'm showing your straw man allacies are easily debunked. You're smart enough to understand it.

So compare him to guys like Dak/RG3 and mayfield all who had great rookie yrs all the same? Instead you're trying to tie him to one of the best QBs of all-time because you got a narrative. Chill out.
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Stop woo'ing him

He's already said multiple times that he's very good, just said he isn't prime Brees yet but that he can get there.

Dude knows exactly what I'm saying…he's trying to gaslight me because he can't have a normal conversation about it. Typical.
Share 49ersWebzone