LISTEN: Do The 49ers Have Cause For Concern? →

There are 163 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Stop woo'ing him

He's already said multiple times that he's very good, just said he isn't prime Brees yet but that he can get there.

Actually, he said Brock might be very goof one day.
That is a lame take after Brock proved to be an elite MVP caliber QB last year.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I'm showing your straw man allacies are easily debunked. You're smart enough to understand it.

So compare him to guys like Dak/RG3 and mayfield all who had great rookie yrs all the same? Instead you're trying to tie him to one of the best QBs of all-time because you got a narrative. Chill out.

I am just saying he is elite and top 5.
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Brock is Mullins?

Quite a take.

You think Brock is Mullens? I surely didn't say that

And that's an opinion from a 49er fan. I think he's a good young QB who has room to improve.

It's my take. It's doesn't have to be he's elite or he sucks. Like always it's black and white with you and nothing in between. I think he's a good young QB. I said he might be as good as Drew one day…acting like he is that right now is being silly and s**tting on how good Drew was.
Why do you work so hard to diminish Purdy whenever people say he is good?

You had nothing but praise for Lance.

Stop gaslighting because you can't have a normal conversation about it.
Stop woo'ing him

He's already said multiple times that he's very good, just said he isn't prime Brees yet but that he can get there.

No he didn't, he said as good as Brees one day. He already said he's a "damn good QB". Agree with that as well, he's not prime Brees yet.
Why do you work so hard to diminish Purdy whenever people say he is good?

You had nothing but praise for Lance.

Stop gaslighting because you can't have a normal conversation about it.

Ya you got Woo'd

And that's an opinion from a 49er fan. I think he's a good young QB who has room to improve.

Every QB has room to improve. Brock is already a top tier QB and will improve like most other great QBs.
Ya you got Woo'd

Such a stupid way to going about things

No he didn't, he said as good as Brees one day. He already said he's a "damn good QB". Agree with that as well, he's not prime Brees yet.

We saw it last year as well. NY got upset over people claiming Brock was playing at an elite level.
I am not sure why the praise triggers a coubterarguement out if him every time. I mention Lance because NY was quite upset over Brock getting named the starter over Lance last year. We both know how fans dig in on their QB stances, that's what this looks like to me.
Every QB has room to improve. Brock is already a top tier QB and will improve like most other great QBs.

You're projecting and comping him to all-time greats because that's what you want to happen. You did the same s**t with Jimmy G for years.

I think he's good young QB on a damn good team. We will see where it goes from there
We saw it last year as well. NY got upset over people claiming Brock was playing at an elite level.
I am not sure why the praise triggers a coubterarguement out if him every time. I mention Lance because NY was quite upset over Brock getting named the starter over Lance last year. We both know how fans dig in on their QB stances, that's what this looks like to me.

You're the one bringing up Lance when no one was talking about him. It's typical gaslighting from you. How dare I not say he's as good as Drew Brees (yet) or that imo what he's really good at (quick processing and anticipatory throws) weren't as prevalent last week. How dare I say such a thing.

when did I get upset about a Brock playing well last yr? I'm pretty sure I was enjoying the ride just as much as anyone else in here.

you can't let s**t go. You can't rationalize that things aren't just elite or bad… If someone doesn't have the same perspective as you…it's strawman fallacies, gaslighting all to try and diminish someone else's opinion. You know instead of actually having a conversation about it.

there's very little nuance and football talk in your posts….wonder why
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Sep 18, 2024 at 12:12 PM ]
It's my take. It's doesn't have to be he's elite or he sucks. Like always it's black and white with you and nothing in between. I think he's a good young QB. I said he might be as good as Drew one day…acting like he is that right now is being silly and s**tting on how good Drew was.

He played at an elite level last year.

Comparing him to Brees is definitely unnecessary. Just call him top 3-5 QB as a second year starter.
He played at an elite level last year.

Comparing him to Brees is definitely unnecessary. Just call him top 3-5 QB as a second year starter.

He played amazing last yr. I can't call him a top 5 QB in the league based off one yr of football. Again that's my opinion. It's all subjective with that sort of stuff anyway.
Share 49ersWebzone