LISTEN: Do The 49ers Have Cause For Concern? →

There are 193 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
what would you base it on, team wins ?

are we supposed to ignore production and accuracy now ?

just watch the games. base it on that.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
what would you base it on, team wins ?

are we supposed to ignore production and accuracy now ?

just watch the games. base it on that.
thats my other point as well. the games are ugly. gets into a 3rd and long and gets bailed out by a penalty to continue the drive

the guy has 17 INTs thrown but reversed by penalty. His line gets to hold. and his production is still not top tier.

again, not saying he's not number one.. but that cemented number one is getting some cracks
brock purdy needs to take his game to another level and become the white russell wilson and use them thick ass legs! run boy run!!!!
thats my other point as well. the games are ugly. gets into a 3rd and long and gets bailed out by a penalty to continue the drive

the guy has 17 INTs thrown but reversed by penalty. His line gets to hold. and his production is still not top tier.

again, not saying he's not number one.. but that cemented number one is getting some cracks

i'm not seeing what you are seeing. he has the all-22 installed, he sees the entire field, including the rusher bearing down on him from the blind side. he feels that rusher, steps accordingly, all while keeping eyes downfield and launching a seed. if Toney has it hit between the numbers and pop up for a pick 6, i blame toney. so too did whoever made roster cuts. Worthy looks interesting, now he's pretty green. Rice is starting to come on. they are evolving, it used to be over the top with Hill, then they get that 2 high shell so they had to be a lil more patient with ground and pound and short stuff. they have a strong D so some games, they just ask PM to manage the game, while they run and play D. their goal is to win, not to pile up stats. there is no one seeing the whole deal like he does.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

i'm not seeing what you are seeing. he has the all-22 installed, he sees the entire field, including the rusher bearing down on him from the blind side. he feels that rusher, steps accordingly, all while keeping eyes downfield and launching a seed. if Toney has it hit between the numbers and pop up for a pick 6, i blame toney. so too did whoever made roster cuts. Worthy looks interesting, now he's pretty green. Rice is starting to come on. they are evolving, it used to be over the top with Hill, then they get that 2 high shell so they had to be a lil more patient with ground and pound and short stuff. they have a strong D so some games, they just ask PM to manage the game, while they run and play D. their goal is to win, not to pile up stats. there is no one seeing the whole deal like he does.
he's not hitting guys in the numbers and getting INTs... his accuracy is off a lot and gets a lot of INTs.. most of them get called back.

if he's asked on just being a game manager now.. how can he be a top QB if the team and D is also contributing just as much.

I'm just saying if this Mahomes continues to play as he is now until the end of his career.. that one spot should be taken away
he's not hitting guys in the numbers and getting INTs... his accuracy is off a lot and gets a lot of INTs.. most of them get called back.

if he's asked on just being a game manager now.. how can he be a top QB if the team and D is also contributing just as much.

I'm just saying if this Mahomes continues to play as he is now until the end of his career.. that one spot should be taken away

he's always pretty insanely impressive on a play by play when i see him. maybe i'm catching him at his good moments. i don't see poor accuracy. sometimes also, with these young receivers, okay it's a choice route and someone ran the wrong way. when you have a vet like Rodgers or in this case Mahomes, you can kinda bank that the WR screwed that one. he's playing with some young receivers now. this is all just my opinion, and i could be wrong.
Interesting take. Many will say we are a heavy run team but yeah, I can understand Gronk to a point.

%3D
[ Edited by 9erson3 on Sep 18, 2024 at 6:06 PM ]
  • bud49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erson3:
Interesting take. Many will say we are a heavy run team but yeah, I can understand Gronk to a point.

%3D
I agree with Gronk there are are too many options on this team to not be putting up big points every game. I think sometimes Kyle tries to be to fancy with his play calling.
[ Edited by bud49 on Sep 18, 2024 at 6:40 PM ]
Originally posted by 9erson3:

%3D

Yeah a bunch of weak little sissies. 2 star players sitting out because their calf hurts. This team is SOFT. He's right. Sick of it too. Toughen up and PLAY. It's football. Something always hurts. Gronk would play!
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Yeah a bunch of weak little sissies. 2 star players sitting out because their calf hurts. This team is SOFT. He's right. Sick of it too. Toughen up and PLAY. It's football. Something always hurts. Gronk would play!

Lol CMC could *really* hurt himself if he plays. He would play if he could, he is a tough SOB.

Originally posted by Montana:

Lol CMC could *really* hurt himself if he plays. He would play if he could, he is a tough SOB.

I'm ok with him being out. But Deebo could probably play.

Gronk missed a ton of games, lol.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Now you are comparing Brock to Jones?

Brock is a great QB, maybe top 3 in the NFL after one full season.

I'm showing your straw man allacies are easily debunked. You're smart enough to understand it.

He still thinks Jimmy's an All-World player so I dunno...
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

So top 3 EPA with average pass blocking?

top 3 EPA when the pocket is clean is what it says...not top 3 EPA.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Next few games are really big for Brock. Time to take a hold of our team and elevate the younger players. Lets go BP!!!
Share 49ersWebzone