LISTEN: Do The 49ers Have Cause For Concern? →

There are 207 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

So top 3 EPA with average pass blocking?

top 3 EPA when the pocket is clean is what it says...not top 3 EPA.

That's what I meant. Our OL is average at providing a clean pocket and Brock is top 3 still.

That's what I meant. Our OL is average at providing a clean pocket and Brock is top 3 still.

I dunno about the way you're stating it, as this isin't an "even with" or "still" stat. It's y axis theoretically discusses when everyone's pass blocking is "great." Average or below average blocking isin't accounted for there and if we're strictly talking EPA....I think he's around 10 right now from what I've seen:

I dunno about the way you're stating it, as this isin't an "even with" or "still" stat. It's y axis theoretically discusses when everyone's pass blocking is "great." Average or below average blocking isin't accounted for there and if we're strictly talking EPA....I think he's around 10 right now from what I've seen:

I understand and I am trying to say the same thing, that his clean pocket rate is near middle of the pack -- he is 3rd in EPA when he has a clean pocket, but the frequency of that clean pocket is around the league average.

Our OL needs to do much better because obviously Brock is going to be more effective then.

I think Brendel being the worst center in the NFL is a huge problem we need to fix before its too late.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Sep 18, 2024 at 9:07 PM ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Yeah a bunch of weak little sissies. 2 star players sitting out because their calf hurts. This team is SOFT. He's right. Sick of it too. Toughen up and PLAY. It's football. Something always hurts. Gronk would play!

Gronk played a full 16 game season twice in his career. Dude has no leg to stand on calling this team soft. He was ALWAYS hurt.

They get hurt because they're the opposite of that. Dudes are YAC machines and breaking tackles. They're not sliding or going out of bounds, they're looking for contact.

anyone calling Deebo soft needs a slap in the face
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Sep 19, 2024 at 5:14 AM ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by 9erson3:
Interesting take. Many will say we are a heavy run team but yeah, I can understand Gronk to a point.

%3D

Yeah a bunch of weak little sissies. 2 star players sitting out because their calf hurts. This team is SOFT. He's right. Sick of it too. Toughen up and PLAY. It's football. Something always hurts. Gronk would play!

Lmao what a dumb post. Probably typed that while licking cheeto dust off your sausage fingers
Is Kyle trying to mess with Brock's eventual contract #s, with those comments about the team not requiring "Brock to do too much"?
[ Edited by Afrikan on Sep 19, 2024 at 10:19 AM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Is Kyle trying to mess with Brock's eventual contract #s, with those comments about the team not requiring "Brock to do too much"?

But hasn't it always been like that but Brock always does more than we expect.
Kyle is playing psychological warfare with Purdy and the team.
I definitely do not think Brock will be paid top 10
QB money. That would be foolish and the team would become average. I do see him getting top 20 QB money though.
Originally posted by ninerfaninnorcal:
QB money. That would be foolish and the team would become average. I do see him getting top 20 QB money though.
So you are ok with not paying him and wait for FA ?

Assuming he has a year close to last year, his APY will start at 60 million. It's just the way it is, market rate, whether we like it or not. No way he's getting less than DAK. Brock has won lots of playoff games and out performed dak head to head and overall.
[ Edited by BP13 on Sep 19, 2024 at 11:04 AM ]
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Lmao what a dumb post. Probably typed that while licking cheeto dust off your sausage fingers

He's gonna be paid top 10 money…unless he completely bombs this yr.

Top 20 money? What even is that? You think he's gonna get Geo Smith/Minshew money lol?

That's not how it works signing QBs, especially ones that just went to a SB and was a MVP finalist.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Sep 19, 2024 at 11:08 AM ]
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
So you are ok with not paying him and wait for FA ?

I think Brock is smart enough to take whatever money the 49'ers give him. I think he knows playing for another team would be too risky for him.
Originally posted by BP13:
Assuming he has a year close to last year, his APY will start at 60 million. It's just the way it is, market rate, whether we like it or not. No way he's getting less than DAK. Brock has won lots of playoff games and out performed dak head to head and overall.

But the past is irrelevant. Brock will not get paid based on his past performance when he had elite, healthy players around him. He will be paid based on his now performance with elite players around him injured.
Share 49ersWebzone