George Kittle, Charvarius Ward join 49ers injury list ahead of clash with Rams →

There are 154 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
He will get top 10 money for sure. We will probably still be pretty good. But will drop off a little. Because you can't keep everyone after that contract.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
He's gonna be paid top 10 money…unless he completely bombs this yr.

Top 20 money? What even is that? You think he's gonna get Geo Smith/Minshew money lol?

That's not how it works signing QBs, especially ones that just went to a SB and was a MVP finalist.

Wrong. Even if he does not bomb and just plays average he will not get top 10 QB money.

Steve Young said the other day we are seeing that Brock is both not a scrambler or big passer. And now Shanahan is saying Brock does not need to do a lot.

In the past couple years you have to remember Brock had around him elite players including the best offensive player in football McCaffrey.

And he just got outplayed by his backup from last year.

Just saying. Putting all of this together right now I would assume he would be paid Top 20
money but not Top 10.
Originally posted by ninerfaninnorcal:

Top 20 money? What even is that? You think he's gonna get Geo Smith/Minshew money lol?

That's not how it works signing QBs, especially ones that just went to a SB and was a MVP finalist.

Wrong. Even if he does not bomb and just plays average he will not get top 10 QB money.

Steve Young said the other day we are seeing that Brock is both not a scrambler or big passer. And now Shanahan is saying Brock does not need to do a lot.

In the past couple years you have to remember Brock had around him elite players including the best offensive player in football McCaffrey.

Just saying. Putting all of this together right now I would assume he would be paid Top 20
money but not Top 10.
He's playing a lot better than the 10-20 guys, he's going to get paid huge regardless
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Sep 19, 2024 at 11:20 AM ]

money but not Top 10.

Please show me where Steve Young said that...I can guarantee you heard what you wanted to hear.

Purdy did not get outplayed by Darnold. Darnold made some big time throws in the game but overall took advantage of key mistakes by the 49ers defense. Purdy however wasn't getting the same looks Darnold had.

I can pretty much guarantee if the performances were flipped but the 49ers lost, you'd be saying the same thing you just said.

If Brock isn't going to get paid like a top 10 QB it's because he didn't want to be or if he completely falls apart moving forward and I don't see that happening.

It's kind of hilarious to me how some people are acting like Purdy went out there and looked like Bryce Young. Dude completed 72% of his passes and leads the NFL in passing yards after facing two pretty good defenses and we're missing one of our top weapons and Aiyuk and Trent are rusty.

Let's pump the breaks. I've seen nothing from Brock that tells me he's not it.

It may not be the same situation but I recall Mahomes in his 3rd season having a rough stretch of games and it forced him to adapt and change how he plays the game as defenses started taking away what he liked to do. Unfortunately for us he figured it out and ended up winning the SB that season and has been the best QB in the sport since.

Brock Purdy isn't going to be Mahomes. He can't do some of the magic stuff Mahomes can do due to physical limitations but he can certainly learn to adapt to what defenses are doing to stop him and make plays regardless. I expect him to do that even without CMC or Deebo out there. If anything maybe it will make things easier where the offense doesn't rely so heavy on either of them.
I think Brock is smart enough to take whatever money the 49'ers give him. I think he knows playing for another team would be too risky for him.

money but not Top 10.

Hahaha you're out of your god damn mind if you think he's not gonna get top 10 QB money.

who's the last QB that was a teams true starter (long-term plan) that didn't get paid top 10 money at the time?
Only way he's not getting top 10 money is if he has a massive injury or SF let's him play out his rookie contract (Brock will not be playing out his rookie contract).

He will absolutely get what Jordan love and Tua got anyone thinking otherwise isn't keeping s**t real or hasn't paid attention to what other guys are getting paid.
The sheer panic after a week 2 loss and a subpar performance, lol.
I hope that Prag gets creative on Purdys deal. Something that is less per year than the top say five guys but more guaranteed. Something that makes Brock see that he is valued but that will also allow us to field a competitive team. Can't imagine Brock turning down 10 for 500. Just don't want a Dak type deal that is like 65 per and needs to be redone every four years.

The way these QB deals are going it makes slot of sense to do a really long deal. By the time you get to 10 years from now top guys could be making 100per. Just pray Brock is onboard and that FO will get creative.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

It's silly. While I think he was a bit slower at processing the field than usual (Flores special) he's more than fine.

people flip out after every loss. The typical sky is falling crowd (you know who they are) come back and demand Kyle be fired or Brock stinks lol. It's like clockwork. We win you won't see them for a week

Originally posted by sick9erfan:
I hope that Prag gets creative on Purdys deal. Something that is less per year than the top say five guys but more guaranteed. Something that makes Brock see that he is valued but that will also allow us to field a competitive team. Can't imagine Brock turning down 10 for 500. Just don't want a Dak type deal that is like 65 per and needs to be redone every four years.

The way these QB deals are going it makes slot of sense to do a really long deal. By the time you get to 10 years from now top guys could be making 100per. Just pray Brock is onboard and that FO will get creative.

10 for 500M? Dude you can't tie yourself to any QB that long unless it is a mahomes type guy.

Jordan love type team seems to be right. They will just restructure extend him down the road if he continues to be great.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

Panic or just really bad takes lol. I am totally smh haha. Week 2 loss and it's BP doesn't deserve to get paid, he will never be like Mahomes..because of physical limitations? Lolol

The loss wasn't all on Purdy folks lol. If ya watched the tape, you would know this. It's not Purdy vs. Sam lol not how this works. Watch Johnny Del's breakdown video. Mahomes has lost games too and isn't perfect.

Brock will smash the Rams hard. It will be his prove the doubters wrong (again) game.

Steve Young did say that. I wish he hadn't but he did. I am a fan of Brock and hope he excels. I am just giving my opinion.

I was also a fan of Garapollo who took us to the Super Bowl as well. But I am in the minority with that as well.

I also wanted to sign Baker Mayfield as Purdy's backup the year he got injured in the NFCCG but everyone said he was too much trouble.
[ Edited by ninerfaninnorcal on Sep 19, 2024 at 12:34 PM ]
Steve Young did say that. I wish he hadn't but he did. I am a fan of Brock and hope he excels. I am just giving my opinion.

I was also a fan of Garapollo who took us to the Super Bowl as well. But I am in the minority with that as well.

I also wanted to sign Baker Mayfield as Purdy's backup the year he got injured in the NFCCG but everyone said he was too much trouble.

He basically said they need to allow Brock to be more mobile and call stuff like RPOs and things to get him out of the pocket. He didn't flat out say he can't do that.

without some of the stars around him he's gonna have to put more on his plate and get out of his "Comfort zone" which is being that point guard/rhythm passer type QB.

Brock isn't like Jimmy. He can extend plays and isn't just looking for his first read. He is by far more accurate, especially downfield.

Where did he say it. Post the clip. Guarantee you that's not what he actually said.
Share 49ersWebzone