Watch: Deommodore Lenoir joins the No Huddle Podcast →

There are 167 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by ninerfaninnorcal:
Steve Young did say that. I wish he hadn't but he did. I am a fan of Brock and hope he excels. I am just giving my opinion.

I was also a fan of Garapollo who took us to the Super Bowl as well. But I am in the minority with that as well.

I also wanted to sign Baker Mayfield as Purdy's backup the year he got injured in the NFCCG but everyone said he was too much trouble.

Where did he say it. Post the clip. Guarantee you that's not what he actually said.

Add Kittle.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Jennings and Juice will dominate the RAMS!
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by ninerfaninnorcal:
Steve Young did say that. I wish he hadn't but he did. I am a fan of Brock and hope he excels. I am just giving my opinion.

I was also a fan of Garapollo who took us to the Super Bowl as well. But I am in the minority with that as well.

I also wanted to sign Baker Mayfield as Purdy's backup the year he got injured in the NFCCG but everyone said he was too much trouble.

Where did he say it. Post the clip. Guarantee you that's not what he actually said.

Yeah...so definitely not what the dude claimed.
10 starters out and the will blame Purdy.

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
10 starters out and the will blame Purdy.

You mean you're gonna blame Kyle lol
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
I'm rooting for Brock, but he's starting to look a lot like a systems quarterback than an elite top 5 guy at this point. Every time our dope coach has put the onus on him to carry the team, he's looked frazzled. He didn't look good at all he Minnesota (and please, if you're gonna rag on other QBs getting padded stats against our D at the end of games, don't commend Brock's 300 yard game as great), he didn't take over the game vs KC last year when he had the chance to close it, and he's shown over the last 2 years that there is a formula to make him look lost.

Definitely better than Jimmy, but not at the level of guys like Stafford and Burrow. I'm giving him until the end of the season to prove me otherwise, but at this point this team would have to be stupid to pay him 60m per year…
Originally posted by titan:
Jennings and Juice will dominate the RAMS!

These two just go to work, they are not soft, and they are mostly reliable / durable, 49ers need more of them.
Originally posted by DrEll:
I'm rooting for Brock, but he's starting to look a lot like a systems quarterback than an elite top 5 guy at this point. Every time our dope coach has put the onus on him to carry the team, he's looked frazzled. He didn't look good at all he Minnesota (and please, if you're gonna rag on other QBs getting padded stats against our D at the end of games, don't commend Brock's 300 yard game as great), he didn't take over the game vs KC last year when he had the chance to close it, and he's shown over the last 2 years that there is a formula to make him look lost.

Definitely better than Jimmy, but not at the level of guys like Stafford and Burrow. I'm giving him until the end of the season to prove me otherwise, but at this point this team would have to be stupid to pay him 60m per year…

Why would you mention Burrow? Did he takeover the SB when he had the chance? Does he never look lost? You mention Burrow and he doesn't even pass your test lol
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:

Why would you mention Burrow? Did he takeover the SB when he had the chance? Does he never look lost? You mention Burrow and he doesn't even pass your test lol

We would trade Purdy for Burrow in an instant. Let's not go there…

Lolol plz..one loss and now a system qb smh
[ Edited by Montana on Sep 20, 2024 at 4:21 AM ]
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:

Na Kyle would say hes been on stacked offenses, he didn't takeover the SB, he looks lost at times. Looks like he'll never ever be great

he's in his second year as a 24 year old starting QB, so no need to compare him to Burrow or Stafford, or even jimmy. The salary is another discussion. Does trevor lawrence deserve 55 million? what has he done that Brock has not? does Dak deserve 60 million? he's won 1 playoff game and he's 31. what has Jordan Love done to deserve 55 million? or Tua at 53? Brock is 18-5 and he's won 4 playoff games. Poor kid gets s**t from all angles, fans, media.
[ Edited by BP13 on Sep 20, 2024 at 7:58 AM ]
Originally posted by BP13:

he's in his second year as a 24 year old starting QB, so no need to compare him to Burrow or Stafford, or even jimmy. The salary is another discussion. Does trevor lawrence deserve 55 million? what has he done that Brock has not? does Dak deserve 60 million? he's won 1 playoff game and he's 31. what has Jordan Love done to deserve 55 million? or Tua at 53? Brock is 18-5 and he's won 4 playoff games. Poor kid gets s**t from all angles, fans, media.

All the players are overpaid but that's the way sports are now. I don't think the game is any better now than it was 40 years ago. If anything it's not as good because of all the silly rule changes and constant play reviews. Games were more fun to watch back in the day. Higher pay doesn't equate to better play.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
All the players are overpaid but that's the way sports are now. I don't think the game is any better now than it was 40 years ago. If anything it's not as good because of all the silly rule changes and constant play reviews. Games were more fun to watch back in the day. Higher pay doesn't equate to better play.

I agree, and the NFL will probably become flag-football within the next 5-10 years. I also think the CBA needs to address the veteran pay scale like it did with rookies in 2011. Find some algorithm that uses analytics to determine an appropriate pay scale for veterans in or approaching free agency. Seems better than, "give me 1$ more than the last guy, just because."
Share 49ersWebzone