Rams overcome career game from Jauan Jennings, rally to stun 49ers on late field goal, 27-24 →

There are 399 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The one game overreactions are not surprising.. But certainly over the top...

I saw a stat graphic earlier stating Brock has been sacked 8 times and it was determined none were his fault.

Trent is mega rusty, Banks is playing hurt, McKivitz is mid af, and Brendel is the worst center in the NFL at PP right now.

Our pass protection has been bottom third of the league, so it's not surprising Brock isn't hitting as many big plays yet.
Run the ball like Steve Young, Brock! You can do it!!!
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

I saw a stat graphic earlier stating Brock has been sacked 8 times and it was determined none were his fault.

Trent is mega rusty, Banks is playing hurt, McKivitz is mid af, and Brendel is the worst center in the NFL at PP right now.

Our pass protection has been bottom third of the league, so it's not surprising Brock isn't hitting as many big plays yet.

While it's for sure over the top. I kinda disagree that none of those sacks were on him.

pass pro has always been s**t. This isn't a new thing. He looked confused out there (Flores called a great game) he wasn't processing as quickly as he usually does. You can watch some of Johnny's film and he will back that up. Agreed pass-pro wasn't good at all and it's not gonna be.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Sep 20, 2024 at 10:06 AM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
For me he was lacking that anticipation. That's his "super power"

he's arm is avg at best, his size is poor and while he's twitchy, I wouldn't call him an elite level athlete. He's accurate, but not Drew Brees accurate.

what makes him good is anticipation and quick processing. There were plays to be had and if Brock would have anticipated some of those throws, they win.

SF has gotta win some of these early sloppy games. These next two are gonna be the same and they HAVE to win them.

He's not going to have perfect anticipation in every game. That's unrealistic. He's not far off from Drew Brees accuracy. Finally the size isn't really that bad. Kyler Murray is 5'10". Russell Wilson is 5'10". He's 6'1" 220 lbs. Steve Young was about 210 lbs and the same size. Granted he was faster. But Purdy is twitchy in a short area. He's far from too small to play the game or be a good starter.

This, Purdy is doing excellent to start his career. Let's not forget he has not had his great weapons consistently in the lineup AND has some of the worst pass protection in the league so far. Brees had a much better OL and also had great weapons. His anticipation is ridiculously good, even his "lacking of anticipation" is still better than almost EVERY QB in the league. Purdy's bad day is still pretty good compared to other qb's good days.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Not drew brees accurate, how can you compare late career Brees to early career Purdy?

if you look at both careers on their first 25 starts, Purdy is better. If Purdy can continue this run, he will blow Brees out the water
I know right! I mean come on mannnnnn. The OL had a horrible day in pass pro and Purdy didn't have his quick check down option in McCaffery and Aiyuk is not separating like last year. We shouldn't forget, Purdy had some very good throws in between 4 or 5 defenders while running for his life through much of the game.

Nowhere did I say Brock was toast or he blows. Watch the game. What he's been special at was all those quick processing and those anticipatory throws.

he was late on stuff and just not himself. He's usually damn good vs the blitz. He's young and still learning. I'm not worried, just something I saw last game

Nobody accused you or saying Brock blows or is toast. We watched the game. Maybe try not to make these leaping accusations that aren't true

While it's for sure over the top. I kinda disagree that none of those sacks were on him.

pass pro has always been s**t. This isn't a new thing. He looked confused out there (Flores called a great game) he wasn't processing as quickly as he usually does. You can watch some of Johnny's film and he will back that up. Agreed pass-pro wasn't good at all and it's not gonna be.

Not my stat of course, data said it came from FTN, IDK how reliable the source is.

Brock definitely was late several times. The interception specifically was one I was extremely disappointed in. That was an insanely late throw he shouldn't have attempted IMO.

As far as sacks, not sure how many would have been on him, but certainly not the majority of the six we gave up at least.
I have been so very, extremely disappointed in Brock, that I bought another jersey . Have a red Purdy but decided I needed a white one. Also, got a Warner, cause overdue.
Originally posted by Montana:
I have been so very, extremely disappointed in Brock, that I bought another jersey . Have a red Purdy but decided I needed a white one. Also, got a Warner, cause overdue.

Originally posted by D0PEMAN:

No he can't. Brock can move okay but he can't run like Steve Young.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

Definitely can't but I think he's athletic enough to get 20 yards a game. Especially the way defenses are most likely to play us.
Originally posted by Montana:

You can never have too many jerseys like that.

Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Definitely can't but I think he's athletic enough to get 20 yards a game. Especially the way defenses are most likely to play us.

He could on scrambles but I wouldn't be calling any QB option plays.

Trent looks slow and fat.
Originally posted by DrEll:
We would trade Purdy for Burrow in an instant. Let's not go there…

lol based on what?

Career regular season + playoffs:

Purdy: 23-6, 68.0% comp, 9.6 Y/A, 107.5 passer rating

Burrow: 34-26-1, 68.0% comp, 7.4 Y/A, 97.9 passer rating
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by DrEll:
We would trade Purdy for Burrow in an instant. Let's not go there…

lol based on what?

Career regular season + playoffs:

Purdy: 23-6, 68.0% comp, 9.6 Y/A, 107.5 passer rating

Burrow: 34-26-1, 68.0% comp, 7.4 Y/A, 97.9 passer rating

Dude come on...

You have disrespected the Quadfather
Share 49ersWebzone