LISTEN: Do The 49ers Have Cause For Concern? →

There are 226 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • bud49
  • Veteran
Well Brock can step up and put all the doubters to rest this Sunday. He and Stafford both are playing without top players.
Originally posted by bud49:
Well Brock can step up and put all the doubters to rest this Sunday. He and Stafford both are playing without top players.

Use the hate to motivate
Originally posted by NYniner85:
While it's for sure over the top. I kinda disagree that none of those sacks were on him.

pass pro has always been s**t. This isn't a new thing. He looked confused out there (Flores called a great game) he wasn't processing as quickly as he usually does. You can watch some of Johnny's film and he will back that up. Agreed pass-pro wasn't good at all and it's not gonna be.

Yea Purdy was a little slow processing but the fact it was a short week with a start time of 8am body clock time the whole team was a step behind. DC called a good game and took advantage. Hats off to the Vikes but they only won by 6pts as ugly as it looked it could have been much, much worse onto the Lambs
Brock has one not so great game and people are flipping the f**k out. Seriously? When you have no protection and call plays that the world knows are coming.. what do you expect? Now he is missing wr1, TE1, DB1 and cmc. The response… this is his chance to silence critics.. give me a break. There isn't a qb on earth that will shine under these circumstances. Raising expectations as his challenge is increasing is stupid. The offense is not built to overcome all these injuries. Just look at the record when deebo is out. Now you take away cmc and kittlle and give him no time to throw the ball…. Does not look good. Rams will be ready for the run because they know passing is not an option. There will just sit on the short passes behind the line of scrimmage. I see a lot of sacks and three and outs. Defense needs to step up big time. That is our best chance.
  • bud49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bringbackedjr:
Brock has one not so great game and people are flipping the f**k out. Seriously? When you have no protection and call plays that the world knows are coming.. what do you expect? Now he is missing wr1, TE1, DB1 and cmc. The response… this is his chance to silence critics.. give me a break. There isn't a qb on earth that will shine under these circumstances. Raising expectations as his challenge is increasing is stupid. The offense is not built to overcome all these injuries. Just look at the record when deebo is out. Now you take away cmc and kittlle and give him no time to throw the ball…. Does not look good. Rams will be ready for the run because they know passing is not an option. There will just sit on the short passes behind the line of scrimmage. I see a lot of sacks and three and outs. Defense needs to step up big time. That is our best chance.

I am not disappointed with Purdy either. I am more disappointed in this defense they need to step up.

I am not disappointed with Purdy either. I am more disappointed in this defense they need to step up.
If it weren't for the defense, we should have lost by 20

purdy left plays out there. I'm not mad.. s**t happens and it doesn't happen much with him

28 for 36 with 319 yards and a 101.3 passer rating doesn't really qualify as a "not so great game" to me. He had a pass slip out of his hand, and his INT bounced off the receivers hands.
Originally posted by Niners99:
28 for 36 with 319 yards and a 101.3 passer rating doesn't really qualify as a "not so great game" to me. He had a pass slip out of his hand, and his INT bounced off the receivers hands.

Originally posted by Montana:
Originally posted by Niners99:

For Brock that qualifies as not so great of a game… he would be the first to tell you that….which makes these blow hard remarks about proving himself while half the team is out that much dumber.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
While it's for sure over the top. I kinda disagree that none of those sacks were on him.

pass pro has always been s**t. This isn't a new thing. He looked confused out there (Flores called a great game) he wasn't processing as quickly as he usually does. You can watch some of Johnny's film and he will back that up. Agreed pass-pro wasn't good at all and it's not gonna be.

Jonny broke down film of similar games to this over the years and it was never that the QB was slow to process, it was never that the defense confused the QB...it was always the protection that was at fault. So yeah I am not all that interested in watching him blame the QB now.

Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Jonny broke down film of similar games to this over the years and it was never that the QB was slow to process, it was never that the defense confused the QB...it was always the protection that was at fault. So yeah I am not all that interested in watching him blame the QB now.

Protection was extra s**t, I agree.

Maybe some was the time difference and it being a tad too early for the team or something lol..it was said some took cold showers? Guess that didn't help lol.
If Brock can pull this off today ( I think he will), it will be saying a lot. Limited , if any, offensive weapons that are Pro Bowlers yet you can pull off an impressive W would mean a lot.

If you can make almost anyone look like a star with your QB play, you deserve a ''raise.''
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

I swear people want Brock to have zero help and win a Super Bowl until they start to believe in him. Smfh
Originally posted by Kolohe:

I swear people want Brock to have zero help and win a Super Bowl until they start to believe in him. Smfh

It's a very unfair standard. Other QB's struggle without front line starters. Especially when many of them are out.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Nobody believe this. Most people want to see how much of the load Purdy can (if given the duty) handle. It's a fair POV.
Share 49ersWebzone