There are 295 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by RickyRoma:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I swear people want Brock to have zero help and win a Super Bowl until they start to believe in him. Smfh

Nobody believe this. Most people want to see how much of the load Purdy can (if given the duty) handle. It's a fair POV.

They want him to be Josh Allen. I'm not sure that's ever gonna happen.
Originally posted by captveg:
I swear people want Brock to have zero help and win a Super Bowl until they start to believe in him. Smfh

Nobody believe this. Most people want to see how much of the load Purdy can (if given the duty) handle. It's a fair POV.

They want him to be Josh Allen. I'm not sure that's ever gonna happen.

I'm sure I don't want it to happen. Brock is built to win in the pocket.
This game could add a few million to his future contract.
Vikings defense has Stroud looking lost too. Could be that they're just a really good defense that makes it especially hard on young QB's to decipher all the moving pieces.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Yah okay nobody believes this, didn't know you knew everybody. All over the world it's:

Can Purdy win without CMC.
He has all these weapons.
He's a system QB.
All he does is manage the game.

If Purdy hasn't done his fair share of work on this team, then WTF else does he has to do. He's made so many off schedule throws and runs, even more so than most top rated QB's in this league. Fans and most media's assessment of Purdy couldn't be far from the truth, see other teams fans social media, see Nick Wright, see Colin Cowherd, see Foxsports. Not sure who else doubters I need to bring up.

I've never seen a QB with the success that Brock has and people still question him. It's dumb as f**k. Imagine if Caleb Williams started out the way Purdy did as a rookie people kissing his hairy bean bag!!!!

And yet, you sit here tell me nobody believes this. GTFO here.

Yah okay nobody believes this, didn't know you knew everybody. All over the world it's:

He's a system QB.

If Purdy hasn't done his fair share of work on this team, then WTF else does he has to do. He's made so many off schedule throws and runs, even more so than most top rated QB's in this league. Fans and most media's assessment of Purdy couldn't be far from the truth, see other teams fans social media, see Nick Wright, see Colin Cowherd, see Foxsports. Not sure who else doubters I need to bring up.

I've never seen a QB with the success that Brock has and people still question him. It's dumb as f**k. Imagine if Caleb Williams started out the way Purdy did as a rookie people kissing his hairy bean bag!!!!

What Kolohe said…is what I meant.
Originally posted by BOI49er:

He needs to move around more and stop being a statue like Jimmy

He's a system QB.

Dude...this is the post you quoted, with which I responded to:

Originally posted by bud49:
Well Brock can step up and put all the doubters to rest this Sunday. He and Stafford both are playing without top players.

Nowhere is he saying 'Brock has to win a SB with zero help for people to believe in him.' That's simply you trying to invent an argument.....because that argument is stupid. Given the entire history of the NFL, everybody who has some sort of knowledge of the game will tell you it's impossible to win a SB with zero talent around him.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

He's a system QB.

Dude...this is the post you quoted, with which I responded to:

Originally posted by bud49:
Well Brock can step up and put all the doubters to rest this Sunday. He and Stafford both are playing without top players.

Nowhere is he saying 'Brock has to win a SB with zero help for people to believe in him.' That's simply you trying to invent an argument.....because that argument is stupid. Given the entire history of the NFL, everybody who has some sort of knowledge of the game will tell you it's impossible to win a SB with zero talent around him.

I'm not talking about him, I mentioned who I was talking about. You said nobody and I was replying about that too. You're acting like there aren't doubters, thats where my post stems from.
I'm not talking about him, I mentioned who I was talking about. You said nobody and I was replying about that too. You're acting like there aren't doubters, thats where my post stems from.

Yes...there are doubters...and that's OK. I didn't want to see a 49er game where there are down most of their offensive weapons but given how the league is, it was inevitable. This is a scenario I 'want' to see BP in....where he has to raise the level of others who aren't considered great players themselves. That's what truly great QB's do.

Originally posted by eric_anthony:

He needs to move around more and stop being a statue like Jimmy

Yeah, I agree with that. Should have said from the pocket. Just don't want him challenging the defense on planned runs.
Brock has such a big c--k, that he made Darnold's bigger and stronger just by being around him
so we gonna question CJ stroud all week now?
Yeah, I agree with that. Should have said from the pocket. Just don't want him challenging the defense on planned runs.

Nah he should just take off when he scrambles. Would like to see more plays of him rolling out
Seems a tad indecisive
Share 49ersWebzone