There are 332 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I like his scramble ability but clearly,...it's a little bit too much of his fallback and he stops seeing the field at times. Aiyuk was streaking WIDE OPEN to the EZ for the win,....but he wanted to do the scramble drill thing.

Critical 3rd down to keep the lead on another player later and he tries to scramble up the middle instead of trusting his reads....I saw that Jennings was pissed off AF there @ the end with Purdy's choice. He wasn't pressured...just chose to take off instead like he's Lamar Jackson.

He lucked out with that knee down on that fumble there at the end as well. We're driving the ball but we're not getting TDs the way we should.

I saw some messy football out there in the 4th across the board and Purdy's not exempt.
[ Edited by random49er on Sep 22, 2024 at 5:04 PM ]
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
Another 100 rating game. Wonder how long the streak will go.

I'm more interested in Purdys development now than the team because of how horrible the Defense and Special teams are right now

Do we face any more opponents like the Vikings and Flores?

I ask because it's pretty obvious Flores got him confused. I want him to see more of that so he can learn. Throw the kitchen sink at him etc. he will be better for it etc.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

I'm more interested in Purdys development now than the team because of how horrible the Defense and Special teams are right now

I ask because it's pretty obvious Flores got him confused. I want him to see more of that so he can learn. Throw the kitchen sink at him etc. he will be better for it etc.

The Seahawks will do something similar.
Originally posted by random49er:
I like his scramble ability but clearly,...it's a little bit too much of his fallback and he stops seeing the field at times. Aiyuk was streaking WIDE OPEN to the EZ for the win,....but he wanted to do the scramble drill thing.

Critical 3rd down to keep the lead on another player later and he tries to scramble up the middle instead of trusting his reads....I saw that Jennings was pissed off AF there @ the end with Purdy's choice. He wasn't pressured...just chose to take off instead like he's Lamar Jackson.

He lucked out with that knee down on that fumble there at the end as well. We're driving the ball but we're not getting TDs the way we should.

I saw some messy football out there in the 4th across the board and Purdy's not exempt.

Purdy was not the issue today. 6 drops, none bigger than Bell's, the defense and special teams are bigger issues at this point.
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

The Seahawks will do something similar.

Yup. Macdonald in our division is going to help him big time.
He did his job and more today. Proud of him. I have nothing but praise for our qb. Feel bad his supporting cast failed him. Bell must be cut.
Originally posted by MoeJontana84:
He's our guy. The rest of the team let him down today when he put us in position to win.

He could've been better as well. Missed some. Let's stop hammering everyone else and not trying to legitimately look @ Brock's game.

Yes,...he is our guy. But he's far from a finished product and his game certainly needs growth.

He's playing as well an any QB in the league. Sure though, let's spend some time on the subject.

-21/29 with several drops
-Three TDs
-Perfect on his clock/yardage management when he scrambled
-Scrambled for a five yard gain on his last play… turning what should almost certainly be a loss of yards into a gain instead.
-fumbled once as he got hit while passing the ball.
-almost perfect passer rating

so… objectively looking at his performance I can say that the one improve I'd like to see is not fumbling that one time he got hit passing the ball.

whew…glad you posted that… feels good getting that off my chest

He still made the winning plays. Gave the kicker a chance. Threw a great pass to Bell. You should be happy Purdy can put them in position to win most games.
Originally posted by swoosh6996:
Purdy was not the issue today. 6 drops, none bigger than Bell's, the defense and special teams are bigger issues at this point.

1000% agree with you. Purdy is not the issue with this version of the Niners. D is very suspect, cannot stop a nosebleed if their lives depended on it. Shanahan is who we thought he was. Cannot close out victories even with a two-score lead in the bottom half of the fourth quarter.

That's just the thing tho. Kyle and and Bell not being great in the 4th doesn't absolve Purdy. They all deserve criticism.

It's a weird flex I really don't get where people clearly can see some problems out there if they want to but would rather just point in another direction.

We'll win some games that way but sandlot football every 4th quarter aint gonna get us #6.

Purdy played really well today. Nice bounce back from last game.

On that Aiyuk play late, Aiyuk was running a deep in. I think we'll see on the all 22 that Aiyuk wasn't looking for the ball or changing his route (like he probably could/should have) once he was behind the defense. That's why Purdy hitched into the throw but didn't let it go. I think the Sanchize had his analysis wrong on the play.
22/30, 292 yds, 3 TDs, 0 INTs, 137.1 Rating. Two legit drops, including Bell's loser.

Yes, he may have missed Aiyuk and JJ one time each, both would have been difficult throws because he had no time to set, but if Bell makes that catch, none of that matters.
A stud as usual

That's just the thing tho. Kyle and and Bell not being great in the 4th doesn't absolve Purdy. They all deserve criticism.

It's a weird flex I really don't get where people clearly can see some problems out there if they want to but would rather just point in another direction.

We'll win some games that way but sandlot football every 4th quarter aint gonna get us #6.

Aww yes, its the qbs fault hitting the receiver in the hands the play before that one that would have put the ball inside the 30. You're just making s**t up, sandlot ball? Do better as poster.
He's been doing what elite QB's do--carrying the team despite injuries.

Coaching, ST's, and defense is letting him down.
Share 49ersWebzone