There are 239 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by random49er:
That's just the thing tho. Kyle and and Bell not being great in the 4th doesn't absolve Purdy. They all deserve criticism.

It's a weird flex I really don't get where people clearly can see some problems out there if they want to but would rather just point in another direction.

We'll win some games that way but sandlot football every 4th quarter aint gonna get us #6.
what? Purdy basically was 27 for 29 today, including a potentially game winning pass to Bell. Today Purdy is certainly not the problem.
Originally posted by 49ers9797:
He's been doing what elite QB's do--carrying the team despite injuries.

Coaching, ST's, and defense is letting him down.

Yep you feel like you still have a chance with him even though most everything around him sucks.
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
You're just making s**t up, sandlot ball? Do better as poster.

Yea I'm making it up. He stayed in the pocket the entire 4th quarter and was decisive with the ball. You win,...I guess.

That's more important than discussing the truth about what we just saw.
Originally posted by communist:
Today Purdy is certainly not the problem.

I'm thinking about us winning a championship. Purdy played well enough to win today,...yes. But I dont think you truly read my previous comments. I'm a forward-thinker.
No Deebo, no Kittle, BA still rusty, OL breaking down all over the place--np for BCB. Brock was a stud today. He made everyone around him better today.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
This aint on Brock ... chill.
I like his scramble ability but clearly,...it's a little bit too much of his fallback and he stops seeing the field at times. Aiyuk was streaking WIDE OPEN to the EZ for the win,....but he wanted to do the scramble drill thing.

Critical 3rd down to keep the lead on another player later and he tries to scramble up the middle instead of trusting his reads....I saw that Jennings was pissed off AF there @ the end with Purdy's choice. He wasn't pressured...just chose to take off instead like he's Lamar Jackson.

He lucked out with that knee down on that fumble there at the end as well. We're driving the ball but we're not getting TDs the way we should.

I saw some messy football out there in the 4th across the board and Purdy's not exempt.

I agree with this.

I think Brock was trying to do too much on that particular play and didn't see a wide open Aiyuk.

It Is what It Is.
Dude is a f**king baller

He never saw a wide open Aiyuk that might have ended the game but whatever. He made enough plays to win.
Originally posted by Sickaa:
I agree with this.

I think Brock was trying to do too much on that particular play and didn't see a wide open Aiyuk.

It Is what It Is.

He 100 percent saw him, lol.

He hitched into the throw and decided not to throw it. The timing on these routes matter.
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
You're just making s**t up, sandlot ball? Do better as poster.

Yea I'm making it up. He stayed in the pocket the entire 4th quarter and was decisive with the ball. You win,...I guess.

That's more important than discussing the truth about what we just saw.

Right lol. You got me bro.

Originally posted by Heroism:
No Deebo, no Kittle, BA still rusty, OL breaking down all over the place--np for BCB. Brock was a stud today. He made everyone around him better today.

This
Dude balled out today! Probably one of his best games with less targets

Wish BA and Bell did better
I like his scramble ability but clearly,...it's a little bit too much of his fallback and he stops seeing the field at times. Aiyuk was streaking WIDE OPEN to the EZ for the win,....but he wanted to do the scramble drill thing.

Critical 3rd down to keep the lead on another player later and he tries to scramble up the middle instead of trusting his reads....I saw that Jennings was pissed off AF there @ the end with Purdy's choice. He wasn't pressured...just chose to take off instead like he's Lamar Jackson.

He lucked out with that knee down on that fumble there at the end as well. We're driving the ball but we're not getting TDs the way we should.

I saw some messy football out there in the 4th across the board and Purdy's not exempt.

Lol ridiculous post
  • bud49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by swoosh6996:

Purdy was not the issue today. 6 drops, none bigger than Bell's, the defense and special teams are bigger issues at this point.

That's just the thing tho. Kyle and and Bell not being great in the 4th doesn't absolve Purdy. They all deserve criticism.

It's a weird flex I really don't get where people clearly can see some problems out there if they want to but would rather just point in another direction.

We'll win some games that way but sandlot football every 4th quarter aint gonna get us #6.
Well what about Kyle dialing up some better plays and the the Millionaire WR's catching the ball or maybe getting seperation so he doesn't have to scramble around like it's sandlot football for someone to get open. Heck people were complaing last week he wasn't moving around enough and extending plays now its this. SMH. Listen I don't love every thing he does like the pass to JJ in the latter part of the third he threw up would I rather he not do that yeah but it worked.
[ Edited by bud49 on Sep 22, 2024 at 5:30 PM ]
So whats worse here -

Purdy saw Aiyuk but for whatever reason decided not to throw it to him. (Trust? Arm Strength? Wanting to play conservative?)
Or
Purdy flat out just never saw Aiyuk open at the end.
Share 49ersWebzone