There are 296 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by bmvanthiel:
So whats worse here -

Purdy saw Aiyuk but for whatever reason decided not to throw it to him. (Trust? Arm Strength? Wanting to play conservative?)
Or
Purdy flat out just never saw Aiyuk open at the end.
Bell dropping the ball
So whats worse here -

Purdy saw Aiyuk but for whatever reason decided not to throw it to him. (Trust? Arm Strength? Wanting to play conservative?)
Or

Wouldn't have mattered if the guy Purdy did see and passed perfectly to had caught the ball later (Bell).
[ Edited by captveg on Sep 22, 2024 at 5:31 PM ]
Originally posted by zeppfan1:
So whats worse here -

Or
Bell dropping the ball

lol, you're not wrong.
So whats worse here -

Or

I want to see the all 22 to be sure, but it looked like Aiyuk was running a deep in/crosser.

He would have needed to look back for the ball or alter his route for Purdy to have thrown it. You typically aren't throwing it to a receiver in the stem of his route (because they aren't looking for the ball. They're running the route).
How anyone is blaming Purdy is crazy.

He was great today with bad protection and a ton of drops.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

He played an A game. He had maybe 2-3 balls that could have been thrown better but was very good overall.
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by communist:
Today Purdy is certainly not the problem.

I'm thinking about us winning a championship. Purdy played well enough to win today,...yes. But I dont think you truly read my previous comments. I'm a forward-thinker.

You may be at some times but today you are being a negative thinker.

He needs to learn to find a way to finish these games but he and JJ were really the only guys who played well today. He is the very least of this teams problems. That includes coaching.
The best part about today was Jennings and Purdy. Seems like Purdy found is groove. Too bad it was a wasted effort. Had Ronnie Bell caught that pass everyone would be glazing Brock.
Originally posted by MucketyMuck:

He needs to learn to find a way to finish these games but he and JJ were really the only guys who played well today. He is the very least of this teams problems. That includes coaching.

What is he supposed to do, run down the field and also catch the pass that hits him on the hands for his WR, too?

Purdy did his job today. He did his job WELL with no Deebo, CMC, Kittle, and a BA that is not in form.

Moody needs to do a better job
Bell needs to do a better job
ST needs to do a better job...
Originally posted by captveg:

What is he supposed to do, run down the field and also catch the pass that hits him on the hands for his WR, too?

LOL apparently he has to throw the ball downfield and run to the 26 and catch it for Ronnie.

Hit Aiyuk.
  • bud49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by communist:
Today Purdy is certainly not the problem.

I'm thinking about us winning a championship. Purdy played well enough to win today,...yes. But I dont think you truly read my previous comments. I'm a forward-thinker.

Well if the defense doesn't step up and the WR's keep dropping balls there will be no forward thinking of a Championship.

Hit Aiyuk.

In the face with his fist? Would probably help.
Share 49ersWebzone