There are 258 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by MucketyMuck:
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
How anyone is blaming Purdy is crazy.

He was great today with bad protection and a ton of drops.

He needs to learn to find a way to finish these games but he and JJ were really the only guys who played well today. He is the very least of this teams problems. That includes coaching.

What is he supposed to do, run down the field and also catch the pass that hits him on the hands for his WR, too?

Hit Aiyuk.

Or bell catches the pass that hit him perfectly

He needs to learn to find a way to finish these games but he and JJ were really the only guys who played well today. He is the very least of this teams problems. That includes coaching.

What is he supposed to do, run down the field and also catch the pass that hits him on the hands for his WR, too?

Hit Aiyuk.

In the face with his fist? Would probably help.
Meh I'm not going to argue. I specifically said he was the best player out there and is the least of our problems. I simply think QBs have to finds ways to win sometimes. I think Stafford did that. Again though I'm not in any way I concerned about Brock. I'm not hating in the guy one iota.
Originally posted by Bringbackedjr:

Hit Aiyuk.

No argument here. Both would've won the game.
MM put it perfectly

Purdy and JJ did everything they could to rescue this team and prevent this kind of embarrassing loss.

Give up a 14-point lead and lose? embarrassing.
[ Edited by Sanfran_chrisco on Sep 22, 2024 at 5:52 PM ]
The NFL just put up the QB stats, minus the KC/Atl game.

Purdy is 2nd in total yards, 9 behind Dak.

72.6% completion is 3rd.

8.9 yds/att leads the league by a wide margin.

44% of the passes result in 1st downs, again a wide gap to #2.

109 rating is 3rd in the league.

Not bad for a guy playing sandlot ball.
Originally posted by dj43:

72.6% completion is 3rd.

and without 3 pro bowl/ all pros

Hit Aiyuk.

Meh I'm not going to argue. I specifically said he was the best player out there and is the least of our problems. I simply think QBs have to finds ways to win sometimes. I think Stafford did that. Again though I'm not in any way I concerned about Brock. I'm not hating in the guy one iota.

QBs finding a way to win is a myth. Stafford did NOT do that. His WRs CAUGHT THE f**kING BALL WHEN IT HIT THEIR f**kING HANDS AND f**kING f**kED THE f**kING DEFENSE BY f**kING EXECUTING THE PLAY. Stafford didn't do it in a vacuum - he benefitted from Bell DROPPING THE f**kING BALL and Moody MISSING THE f**kIGN KICK. I didn't see Stafford will his kicker to be accurate with his FG attempt. Stafford didn't pass protect for himself. Stafford didn't catch jump balls thrown 25+ yards every damn time.

Stafford willed nothing. His TEAM played well enough together to win the game, and his teammates didn't let him down.
[ Edited by captveg on Sep 22, 2024 at 5:59 PM ]
Originally posted by dj43:

72.6% completion is 3rd.

are all those stats from the 4th quarter only? not gonna get us to a 6th like that bro
Originally posted by Bringbackedjr:

Hit Aiyuk.

I think he meant Brock physically hits Aiyuk
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:
MM put it perfectly

Purdy and JJ did everything they could to rescue this team and prevent this kind of embarrassing loss.

Might have to replace sorensen with staley soon

Played well

Hit Aiyuk.

QBs finding a way to win is a myth. Stafford did NOT do that. His WRs CAUGHT THE f**kING BALL WHEN IT HIT THEIR f**kING HANDS AND f**kING f**kED THE f**kING DEFENSE BY f**kING EXECUTING THE PLAY. Stafford didn't do it in a vacuum - he benefitted from Bell DROPPING THE f**kING BALL and Moody MISSING THE f**kIGN KICK. I didn't see Stafford will his kicker to be accurate with his FG attempt. Stafford didn't pass protect for himself. Stafford didn't catch jump balls thrown 25+ yards every damn time.

Stafford willed nothing. His TEAM played well enough together to win the game, and his teammates didn't let him down.

Yeah agree to disagree. I digress though as I've already said that I don't pin this on Brock.
Shanahan: "Thought he played his ass off"
lol at people complaining about Purdy. Shanny and Lynch lucked out getting him in the 7th. He's masked the holes in the roster brought on by the Lance trade.
he bought them a few years but it's beginning to unravel quickly. Just an awful trade
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:
MM put it perfectly

Might have to replace sorensen with staley soon
That would help if the players weren't the main issue.
[ Edited by lamontb on Sep 22, 2024 at 6:06 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone