There are 293 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Bloodless:
Originally posted by dj43:
The NFL just put up the QB stats, minus the KC/Atl game.

Purdy is 2nd in total yards, 9 behind Dak.

72.6% completion is 3rd.

8.9 yds/att leads the league by a wide margin.

44% of the passes result in 1st downs, again a wide gap to #2.

109 rating is 3rd in the league.

Not bad for a guy playing sandlot ball.
While your right about his number totals, according to the site I use your off on the rankings.

# 2 in passing Yards
#7 in Comp %( although this is a close margin and two of the players ahead of him, only played twice so far)
#2 in YPA( Carr is ahead of him by .2)
# 5 in rating
#6(tied) TD passes.
Only 1 Int

Still amazing considering the drops and all the injuries. Too bad it is being wasted by our defense.

I was using the league site - NFL.com/stats.

Yes, Carr is ahead by a fraction. I hadn't gone down far enough.
I was at the game today. Incredible that Brock had an absolutely amazing performance yet we lost. He looked phenomenal. Idk how it looked like on tv, but man, he was looking like the best QB in the league out there to me. Not afraid of being smacked and just makes the right throws.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Purdy is doing great. Is he going to be worth $60+ million a season...no right now, but he'll probably get that.
Originally posted by 1251alex:
I was at the game today. Incredible that Brock had an absolutely amazing performance yet we lost. He looked phenomenal. Idk how it looked like on tv, but man, he was looking like the best QB in the league out there to me. Not afraid of being smacked and just makes the right throws.

He had 8 incompletions and 6 of them were drops. Probally the best game he has played(and he has had alot of them) considering all the weapons he was without. Oline was letting him down, receivers were letting him down(minus Jennings) and he still put up great numbers.
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Originally posted by 1251alex:

He had 8 incompletions and 6 of them were drops. Probally the best game he has played(and he has had alot of them) considering all the weapons he was without. Oline was letting him down, receivers were letting him down(minus Jennings) and he still put up great numbers.

Yep. It just really sucks that since we lost, it will be ignored. He truly looked like the best QB in the league out there. He's so deceptively fast out there. So instinctive. Ahh well.
Maybe the Purdy contract will make us cut the fat.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jcs:
Purdy is doing great. Is he going to be worth $60+ million a season...no right now, but he'll probably get that.

????

Hes worth more.
Brock ain't the problem.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I know Brock Purdy defends Ronnie Bell….but f**k that you're wrong Brock Purdy he f**kin sucks balls!!!
Absolutely frustrating that this man put up a performance to really shut the haters up and the rest of his team pisses all over it

Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by MucketyMuck:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
How anyone is blaming Purdy is crazy.

He was great today with bad protection and a ton of drops.

He needs to learn to find a way to finish these games but he and JJ were really the only guys who played well today. He is the very least of this teams problems. That includes coaching.

What is he supposed to do, run down the field and also catch the pass that hits him on the hands for his WR, too?

Hit Aiyuk.

In the face with his fist? Would probably help.
Meh I'm not going to argue. I specifically said he was the best player out there and is the least of our problems. I simply think QBs have to finds ways to win sometimes. I think Stafford did that. Again though I'm not in any way I concerned about Brock. I'm not hating in the guy one iota.

QBs finding a way to win is a myth. Stafford did NOT do that. His WRs CAUGHT THE f**kING BALL WHEN IT HIT THEIR f**kING HANDS AND f**kING f**kED THE f**kING DEFENSE BY f**kING EXECUTING THE PLAY. Stafford didn't do it in a vacuum - he benefitted from Bell DROPPING THE f**kING BALL and Moody MISSING THE f**kIGN KICK. I didn't see Stafford will his kicker to be accurate with his FG attempt. Stafford didn't pass protect for himself. Stafford didn't catch jump balls thrown 25+ yards every damn time.

Stafford willed nothing. His TEAM played well enough together to win the game, and his teammates didn't let him down.

Louder for the morons in the back.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I know Brock Purdy defends Ronnie Bell….but f**k that you're wrong Brock Purdy he f**kin sucks balls!!!

Exactly, and why wasnt Cowing used more especially with all the injuries? Cowing probably would have done way better than no hands Bell.
Originally posted by fropwns:
Brock ain't the problem.

That's true.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Absolutely frustrating that this man put up a performance to really shut the haters up and the rest of his team pisses all over it

Not to mention the performance of a lifetime for Jennings that goes to waste. If I was told that Jennings would have 11 catches for 175 yards and 3 TD's I would have guessed that won this game by atleast 3 TD's.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by fropwns:
Brock ain't the problem.

That's true.

Agree. So much blame to be dished out elsewhere.
Share 49ersWebzone